• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wiper Blades

Sha7

Question

• Answers 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Nissan doesn't manufacture their own blades...they just bran'em after getting it from a supplier and at times aftermartket parts out perform the oem stock parts...

got a bosch pair from panchikawatta about a month ago... works like a charm :)

Guys, I want to buy new wiper blades to my Nissan fb 15.

What is the best brand apart from genuine Nissan?

Is there a big difference between genuine and others?

Buy Bosch from D*MO... It's the best, I would say.. works for me.

i got a set from kleen park.. each blade is 1400 ors omething but works awesome... and it has a lifetime warranty

Any idea on life-time warranty? Is it the product's life-time? And then what is the product's life-time anyway? Can't be forever right? :unsure:

sorry to disagree with you mate but with the rainy season on...don't ever wait for blades.

i was driving down south with a friend who had bad blades and man you can't see jack and it's not worth the risk...

that dude dint wanna change his blades cos he's selling the car pretty soon

Thats a silicone type viper blade.Name is "durage" according to Kleenpark the blades are out of stock now :( .Still worth waiting for.

All Bosch, Wurth and the clean park brand are good. Silicon blades are better than the Teflon ones. The Graphite coated blades are the best. I had the clean park brand and it worked fine for me throughout.

i had the discussion of the lifetime warranty...their story is that if we have the warranty card and it's fault is a manufacturing defect, they will replace it. i'm sure there are some catches to it. i used it for about a year or so and it was still pretty good.

i had the discussion of the lifetime warranty...their story is that if we have the warranty card and it's fault is a manufacturing defect, they will replace it. i'm sure there are some catches to it. i used it for about a year or so and it was still pretty good.

Yeah you have to prove that the faliure happened because of a manufacturing defect not normal wear and tear, most of the time these warranties are useless !! I prefer the time or mileage limited warranties which should lead to less arguments

Any idea of what the brand is @ Klee*Park?

I've seen Wurth products for sale... Bosch would be a great buy, if there weren't so many fakes on the market...

I got a new set from Kleenpark 2 weeks back. Brand is "Wurth" and the price is around 1900/=

Edited by digital

I got a new set from Kleenpark 2 weeks back. Brand is "Wurth" and the price is around 1900/=

Bought Bosch from Dimos for one car and liked it so about 2 weeks later bought for the other car as well........ but unfortunately they did not last longer than any of the other cheap brands out there..... about the same quality as all the others.

Currently using a set of Korean blades I got from Pioneer in panchikawatta and they are still good after 8 months ! :)

Basically I feel that if you have the time to keep your windscreen and wiper blades clean and free of dirt most blades would work well. On the other hand I would not enjoy it if I paid 1000 bucks ++ per blade and they started squeaking after 3 months.... :)

hey mate,

go for the Durage sold by cleanpark. They are silicon based. On the 'life time warranty' get real this is SL. The day you go to claim your rights there'd be a whole new persone even if was the very same person who sold it to you, get it!!!

I changed mine a year back and todate they function without a change. The problem with other blades are they harden in contact to the heated surface of the glass.

If Durage practices what they claim then silicon withstands the heat bombardment.

Bosch is also another good brand. I had it in my previous car.

What ever said and done wiper blades were not made to last a life time ha ha

But MOST important don't wait for blades if it is out of stock. With the prevailing rainy season you'd be sorry you did after its too late. Trying to save pennies will cost you 000's

Machan, I bought my DureEdge wipers in 2006 March from Klean**rk, after 6 months they seems to be not working perfectly. So I went to them and got a new pair. (Lucky Me). So far it's working nicely (Last weekend I went to down south and came back under heavy rain).

AFAIK, Klean**rk has discontinued "DureEdge" product and now selling "Wurth" brand wipers.

May be Laughs still have Dureedge.

I bought a pair recently for my corolla wagon. That was worth only 1000/= and seems better. Brand is NWB (Nippon Wiper Blades)

The Kln Park silicone ones are very noisy on my car.,

Yeah true! Silicone blades bit noisier. used to have them. but i removed and replaced with Genuine Bosch ones (Got them from Panchikawaththa). works perfect!! it's been cpl of months now. :rolleyes:

little update on an older thread :)

Junked my 750 bucks worth fake bosch blades cos they were leaving rubber trails on the windshield after 6 months or so...

Went for Wurth this time around :)

they were of 18 and 21 sizes i think unlike the fake bosch blades both being the same size, 18's

Wurth was thousand bucks a blade and the packaging read that they were coated/treated with graphite...

what little in know of graphite is that they are pretty strong and ultra slippery...

Canoe/kayak builders coat the bottoms of their vessels with graphite powder enriched epoxy to mate it slip over rocks and weeds and offer more protection to the hull...

so chances are if wurth is not bullshitting, these blades should last a decent time and offer good service.

the other good thing with this deal is that once you by the complete set that includes the frame and the blade...later on you can only by the rubbers...

cheaper deal :)

all depends on how these things perform and last....

Installed them last weekend so let's see how they do :)

service station fella is over confident and says that they will go upto 2 years :rolleyes:

i'm not so optimistic on these things :angry-smiley-048: