• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Do You Drive What You Drive?

Mean Green z28

Pretty easy, let's see what answers come up.

As for me, I didn't know much when I bought my car ('94 Camaro) but now I know and have completely changed it to be what I want it to be ... a newer camaro ... maybe next time, I'll just buy a newer car and save some of the mod. money :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Mean Green z28

Primera M6..... Wasn’t really hunting for a new car. But when I saw this... just popped my eyes. Happy with the decision. Next change... Could wait till something nice comes my way.

Thought everyone knows why I got mine. The master marketer got to me! :lol:

The master marketer got a Piaggio Zip SP 50CC.... so be careful. I don’t wanna picture you in that ride... Poor 50CC. :action-smiley-060:

The master marketer got a Piaggio Zip SP 50CC.... so be careful. I don't wanna picture you in that ride... Poor 50CC. :action-smiley-060:

No no, I'll never buy the scooter. Thats just emasculating. I told him that when he bought it.

Besides, u've seen the crazy frog pics. No way I'm gonna look like that ;)

drive a: 99/Carina/manual

why:

budget was given, had the opportunity to choose :rolleyes: (just couldn't be a bad boy to use a 2 door) cant really afford a one myself either, will have to look for a new job then.. ha :action-smiley-088:

(i would love to see few cars parked, and to select 1 of them as the day changes :D)

Edited by Kim

EG8 VTEC (92 manual)

Actually she gave me every thing what am expecting from a car..sport look while using as the family car too, comfort, performence, fare fuel consumption againest performence , easy maintaining.. So nothing else.

If i can set my budget as i want....my next choice will be EK3 RS manual..

Carina Si (YOM 2000, 1.8, Auto).... AL posts made me to choose this over AE110 & Sylphy. :food-smiley-004: Although I had to spend 4-5 laks more, a good decision at the end of the day; enjoying the comfort and the economy it offers. :rolleyes:

Carina Si (YOM 2000, 1.8, Auto).... AL posts made me to choose this over AE110 & Sylphy. :food-smiley-004: Although I had to spend 4-5 laks more, a good decision at the end of the day; enjoying the comfort and the economy it offers. :rolleyes:

ohhh.. does it offer economy as well? want to hear some more.. (weight to power ratio thing! always confused) tell us the average you get per 1 liter, traffic/long run?

I think my choice of the P11 was purely economics. That was the only car within my reach when I really had to buy a car. Also it was the best option out of all the choices. SO far no complaints. I love it. It handles great, has the pulling power (demSR20Des are sweet when given enough gas) and parts are available and its not a bad looker. Besides no point in going for high end cars at high prices in SL given our roads, driving and fuel qualities. Also the repairs are idiot proof and anyone with basic knowledge about cars can fix most things, mostly me. I do all at home now. Will be keeping her for as long as she last, me thinks. Need to do her suspension up and some minor detailings. That alone wont cost more than 50K so, yeah, guess thats my reason for driving a Nissan. Graet value, comfort, ok performance and economy. (8-10km/l, if I am careful with the gas)

ohhh.. does it offer economy as well? want to hear some more.. (weight to power ratio thing! always confused) tell us the average you get per 1 liter, traffic/long run?

Well, sorry if I mislead you with the 'economy' factor, still it is just the gut feeling. ;) I'm gonna refill the tank tomorrow after the initial top up I did two weeks back (still has some more left). Has done 500+ kms which is not in heavy traffic, kinda mix, including a airport trip (100km) and I'm a bit hard on the peddle also :P . My rough calculations say it will be around 9-10km/l. I'm happy if it can do 10km/l in my day to day running. My previous car (Daihatsu Cuore 850cc, manual) could touch 15km/l very easily and it did 17km/l after a tuneup.

Well, sorry if I mislead you with the 'economy' factor, still it is just the gut feeling. ;) I'm gonna refill the tank tomorrow after the initial top up I did two weeks back (still has some more left). Has done 500+ kms which is not in heavy traffic, kinda mix, including a airport trip (100km) and I'm a bit hard on the peddle also :P . My rough calculations say it will be around 9-10km/l. I'm happy if it can do 10km/l in my day to day running. My previous car (Daihatsu Cuore 850cc, manual) could touch 15km/l very easily and it did 17km/l after a tuneup.

[/quot(

98 vtec

cos I really don't think I'll ever get over civics...

Mazda Familia Hatchback - Manual.

I have a phobia for Automatics.. had to pay bit more than the market rate to get this as it was a manual, and in very good condition. Looks sporty (thought it's not a racing car) had it for past 2 years with no issues.. Good fuel economy (8.5 - 9 km/l in Colombo)

Considering the current road condition in SL, thinking of switching to a 4 wheel drive... if not, the next up-grade will be to a Mazda 6, or MPS.

Honda Civic EK hatchback

Honda Civic EG hatchback

I just love hondas, owned SiR's, Ep3, EF, s2000, ... but cant get away from the EG & EK. Just waiting for the new Type R to hit Dubai ;)

Mrs just bought the new CRV, nice creation ... could've done better styling i feel.

Edited by albertho

Mitsubishi Lancer 1979 model (A72).

Finance situ, one owner car in immaculate condition, it was the king of Africa those days, good performance, fuel economy and ease of use.

Other than that its not a daily runabout, awaiting till company gives sufficient travelling money. Next upgrade will be a Diesel car preferably a 88 model Corsa / Corolla II. Again looks good, small car, fuel efficient (ideal to cut down the costs)

Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7 (JA 627)

It was the cheapest japanese make real rear wheel drive 4WD with the Hi and Lo range. Even a same engine capacity rear wheel drive cars costs the same. I have not heard people complaining about Suzukis who have had them before. It is not bigger as Land cruisers or Patrols so good in economy. So it is good for driving to work and shopping. Have all the luxuries in Luxury sedans. It does not look small as a normal SUV (because of long wheel base). It accomadates 7 passengers specially when vistors staying with us or kid's freinds want to travel with us. It is handy to have dual AC for the passengers in the back. Pretty handy in driving in beach or dirt roads leading to the camping sites. I can carry sone of our longer gears on the roof (fishing rods etc). What else I want. I am happy with it. I would like to have a BMW X5 but it costs more than three times of this.

If we sell out our second car (Corrolla CE110) I would like to buy latest model 320i, Lexus IS series or a RX8. But it depends on the financial situation

Edited by Parak