• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Is The Best Buy. Ur Help Urgent !

Rajeev_j

:rolleyes:

Hi all

I'm planning to buy a small car immediately. i wish to keep it till November 2008. Because I have to go aboard for my higher studies in Dec. 2008. Therefore my major concern is reselling (price and duration).

What is the best option out of these?

(Unregistered)

1 Toyota Vitz

2 Suzuki Swift

3 Nissan AK 12 March

4 any other suggestions

Thanks all.

rajeev

Edited by Rajeev_j

:rolleyes:

Hi all

I'm planning to buy a small car immediately. i wish to keep it till November 2008. Because I have to go aboard for my higher studies in Dec. 2008. Therefore my major concern is reselling (price and duration).

What is the best option out of these?

(Unregistered)

1 Toyota Vitz

2 Suzuki shift

3 Nissan AK 12 March

4 any other suggestions

Thanks all.

rajeev

The Vitz will likely hold value the best considering the toyota badge, they are in decent demand so it will probably prove easiest to sell...

that said however, easily the best car of the lot in every other criteria is the Swift (im assuming you mean the new shape one right?)

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

Regarding the Shift Model.

Are there big differences between Shift new model and the old model ? I mean apart from the shape

The old shape will be about 1.8 mill unregistered

the new shape starts at 1.9-2.0 million for the Brand new 1.3 if i remember correctly

it would help if you state what kind of budget you're willing to put down on the car....

Just curious, if you are planning on using it only till November 2008, why bust so much money (2.3-2.4 mil)? I mean, practicality aside, what's the point. Best is to get a old Mirage or Colt for around 4-5 or even a EF2 Honda and start the selling process a few months before you have to leave. You might not lose $$$ with a 700k investment as much as you would lose with a 2.4m investment. Am I making sense?

Just curious, if you are planning on using it only till November 2008, why bust so much money (2.3-2.4 mil)? I mean, practicality aside, what's the point. Best is to get a old Mirage or Colt for around 4-5 or even a EF2 Honda and start the selling process a few months before you have to leave. You might not lose $$$ with a 700k investment as much as you would lose with a 2.4m investment. Am I making sense?

good point, apart from whatever "prestige" etc gained from having a new car, it might make rather more sense to buy something old but in decent nick, and bank the rest....

HI thanks for all your replies.

I thought of buying an unregistered car because I want to have trouble free running. Cant put the car in to a garage for days and dont like to have trouble on the road.

It is difficult to findout running condition of a used car till we drive for some time. Am I correct ? or Not ?

Edited by Rajeev_j

HI thanks for all your replies.

I thought of buying an unregistered car because I want to have trouble free running. Cant put the car in to a garage for days and dont like to have trouble on the road.

It is difficult to findout running condition of a used car till we drive for some time. Am I correct ? or Not ?

Machang it's still worth it if you just want a runabout. No repair can be that bad and you must be careful when you buy it in the first instance. There are very old cars that are still 100% reliable out there. Go for one of those. End of the day its a machine. Eventually it will break. But the time frame you have is too small for you to worry about any major repairs. There are plenty of good cars out there. Just need to be patient and look. An Old Toyota AE90, 323 or a B11 will just serve you fine without much trouble.