• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Under 3.5mill

GearHead

hi guys i need a big help from you all.one of my friends wants to buy a car and his budget is 3.5 mill max.

the only condition is that it should either be a brand new or recon one.please give me your ideas guys.thanks in advance.

Edited by GearHead

hi guys i need a big help from you all.one of my friends wants to buy a car and his budget is 3.5 mill max.

the only condition is that it should either be a brand new or recon one.please give me your ideas guys.thanks in advance.

this has been discussed loads of times....... do a search for some tips

if your friend doesnt mind recon, i think a solid choice would be an ES8 Civic Vtec

this has been discussed loads of times....... do a search for some tips

if your friend doesnt mind recon, i think a solid choice would be an ES8 Civic Vtec

I too had this problem..and these guys were gr8 help....The car that Supra_natural has recommended is a gr8 choice...

thanks for the replies guys...actually my friend is interested in buying a Mazda 3/Axela. I read a thread on this and according to that the one of the models is coming from thailand..can some one please tell me the model that is coming from thailand bc my friend wants to buy one made in japan. read about a suspension issue on the Axela the JDM version due to our road conditions.which one is most suited for SL?

one more thing guys,what would be the price of a unreg allion 1.5L version?

thanks in advance.

thanks for the replies guys...actually my friend is interested in buying a Mazda 3/Axela. I read a thread on this and according to that the one of the models is coming from thailand..can some one please tell me the model that is coming from thailand bc my friend wants to buy one made in japan. read about a suspension issue on the Axela the JDM version due to our road conditions.which one is most suited for SL?

one more thing guys,what would be the price of a unreg allion 1.5L version?

thanks in advance.

If I am not mistaken the Axela is the japanese version, and has had rave reviews on this site, supposedly better on the road than the brand new Mazda 3 marketed by the agents, the prices I would leave others to comment on

How about a used Imprezza?

Saturn don't you think there are better choices out there in that price bracket than the Imprezza,

I am a Subaru fan myself, but the fact remains they are quite rare and thus sourcing parts etc is more complicated than some of the more common cars, though I am sure its a very good car,

Also why get a used car when you can go for at least a re con in that budget ?

Regards,

The Don

How about a used Imprezza?

:unsure: eehh...well he is just searching for a ride with a bit of style for his day to day running so he is only considering mazda,toyota,etc..bad luck that he doesnt like hondas that much bc can get a 2004/2005 unreg civic easily below 3.5mill....

Edited by GearHead

Gear Head I just brought one yesterday. The Mazda Axela.

My Bugdet was 3.5 MIL MAX. Infact i was the first person to import the mazda 3 through carmart in 2004. So i know the car allready. This is one of the best chasis you can find on a car in that price range, Handling is Super and Good Braking.

Gear Head the Brand New Suzuki is 2.9 mil. its too small and does not have enough space.

Civic ES is around 3.2. but interior sucks. Only New Model is the Mazda 3 which will change models in 2008 MID.

If you take the New Corrolla its almost 4.4-4.6 mil which is not worth for a 1500cc car. ( Nice Interior )

So i guess Mazda 3 is in the right place for decent car with good looks and a good handling package,

Edited by Velocity

Gear Head I just brought one yesterday. The Mazda Axela.

My Bugdet was 3.5 MIL MAX. Infact i was the first person to import the mazda 3 through carmart in 2004. So i know the car allready. This is one of the best chasis you can find on a car in that price range, Handling is Super and Good Braking.

Gear Head the Brand New Suzuki is 2.9 mil. its too small and does not have enough space.

Civic ES is around 3.2. but interior sucks. Only New Model is the Mazda 3 which will change models in 2008 MID.

If you take the New Corrolla its almost 4.4-4.6 mil which is not worth for a 1500cc car. ( Nice Interior )

So i guess Mazda 3 is in the right place for decent car with good looks and a good handling package,

thanks velocity even i think that the mazda would be the best option for him..machanwhat are the options that you have in your car?some say that the car comes withh leather seats but we checked some axelas but all of them had normal seats.what are the additional options we should look for when buyng the car?does it come with different trim levels?

thanks.

Edited by GearHead

thanks velocity even i think that the mazda would be the best option for him..machanwhat are the options that you have in your car?some say that the car comes withh leather seats but we checked some axelas but all of them had normal seats.what are the additional options we should look for when buyng the car?does it come with different trim levels?

thanks.

bro check if you can get a manual, cos the vvti is pretty intresting to drive. other than check if it comes with fog lights.

i have not seen the 1.5 with alloys but the its does come with aftermarket alloys. machan if you get hold of car which is the market because all the new cars being imported are more costly.

get low milage. the trim looks best when its black. but it depends on extrerior colour you choose. blue cars come with black. white with grey and yellow and red cars i think with a cream colour. silver also has a cream colour.

The color of the vehicle also has an impact on the price...especilly for Allions.

Think the Mazda Axela is the best car for that price range.

Hi mate, i'd like to know how this color affect the price.

Yes, I have experience this too. Normaly black allion is cost than a white one.

But I wonder how it affect the price. Is it only for sri lanka thing :blink:

bro check if you can get a manual, cos the vvti is pretty intresting to drive. other than check if it comes with fog lights.

i have not seen the 1.5 with alloys but the its does come with aftermarket alloys. machan if you get hold of car which is the market because all the new cars being imported are more costly.

get low milage. the trim looks best when its black. but it depends on extrerior colour you choose. blue cars come with black. white with grey and yellow and red cars i think with a cream colour. silver also has a cream colour.

hi velocity thanks for all the info machan.after cosidering all the replies and comments about the Axela we've decided to buy one.machan we have never used a mazda before and only have a very limited knowledge about them.

machan can you pls tell me the engines that are available with the model? Is there a 1.6 version?which one comes with VVTi? Is the 1.6L version a lot more expensive than the 1.5L vesion? Is manual very rare? are there any complaints about the auto/tiptronic box? have you got the 1.6L version? is the interior leather?

and machan finally can you recommend a good joint where we can buy the car from?bc machan these days its vary hard to find a good car sale? thanks and sorry for asking this many questions machan.

hi velocity thanks for all the info machan.after cosidering all the replies and comments about the Axela we've decided to buy one.machan we have never used a mazda before and only have a very limited knowledge about them.

machan can you pls tell me the engines that are available with the model? Is there a 1.6 version?which one comes with VVTi? Is the 1.6L version a lot more expensive than the 1.5L vesion? Is manual very rare? are there any complaints about the auto/tiptronic box? have you got the 1.6L version? is the interior leather?

and machan finally can you recommend a good joint where we can buy the car from?bc machan these days its vary hard to find a good car sale? thanks and sorry for asking this many questions machan.

machan only 1.6 and 1.5. very few people bring down the 1.6 because tax is more. both comes with vvti engines. manual is rare and i do recomend. If you buy the trip tronic do not go for bigger wheels. run on the same size 15's.

i saw a black manual for 36 with the body kit and japanese racing wheel set but i was too late and it had been sold. was in mint condition,

for any more info just txt me on 777487160.

Edited by Velocity

How luxurious to have 3.5 mill for a car. If it were my money I would consider the following.

1. Mazda Axela - Re-con

2. Fiat Grand Punto - Brand new and with a buy back offer.

3. BMW E46 3 series Used.

4. Used Subaru Forester Turbo

5. BMW E39 5 series used.

Hi mate, i'd like to know how this color affect the price.

Yes, I have experience this too. Normaly black allion is cost than a white one.

But I wonder how it affect the price. Is it only for sri lanka thing :blink:

Usually Black, Dark Blue & Wine Red colors are priced a bit higher (especially for the Allion). I feel the main fact is that the vehicle gives a richer look with these colors over white... This price difference may be around the globe but may not be as exaggerated as in SL.

2. Fiat Grand Punto - Brand new and with a buy back offer.

The Grand Punto is in the same price range with some attractive options as well & its brand new. But has some negatives such as second hand re-sale value.

The Grand Punto is in the same price range with some attractive options as well & its brand new. But has some negatives such as second hand re-sale value.

That's why I mentioned the BUY-BACK agreement that the agents offer! Buy back means they'll buy it back at an agreed price after X number of years. One of my friends bought one with this agreement and is very happy with the car and the fact that he has a ready buyer when that date comes! Get it?

That's why I mentioned the BUY-BACK agreement that the agents offer! Buy back means they'll buy it back at an agreed price after X number of years. One of my friends bought one with this agreement and is very happy with the car and the fact that he has a ready buyer when that date comes! Get it?

is the buy-back price decided when you enter the contract (when you guy the car from the agent) or at the point of time that you wantsell the car? cos if its the latter, what keeps the agent from making a quotations thats well below the vehicle's value?

Hey thats something good!!! Any idea on after how many years the buy-back is done??

is the buy-back price decided when you enter the contract (when you guy the car from the agent) or at the point of time that you wantsell the car? cos if its the latter, what keeps the agent from making a quotations thats well below the vehicle's value?

:action-smiley-060: what a question

Dilesh whats your guess?

Edited by milinda

My guess is the buy back price is determined at the time of the sale, else it is difficult to enter in to such a contract.

my only concern with the brand new Fiat is Fiat or no Fiat its still a small hatch back and the Mazda 3 is a class above the Grande Punto

I mean you can't really speak about Allion's Corolla's Mazda 3's on the same line as the Punto (I am sure GTAM would have a slightly different perspective but still agree with me) cos they are small to mid size sedan's while the punto as nice a car as it is is still a small hatch back (a city car as its called over here) and not really meant for the same purpose.

And whatever buy back offer is available you are still going to loose money on the case, as its brand new and bound to carry some depreciation. Its interesting to note cars like Allion's have actually appreciated !!! (I remember my cousin getting one down for just over 2 mil in 2002 or 2003 can't remember exactly !)

The Don

My other concern is What if we enter in to a Buy Back Agreement and we are ready to sell the Car after couple of Years and If the agents would have changed Hands - If so will that contract still be valid.

Because from what i know FIAT Agecy ownership changed so many Times in the past.

not to say that this will change but just want to know legally.