• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On An Advertisment

mirage7777

Question

Hi all,

The following was advertised on a certain website.

The cost mentioned was 220K for the conversion.

I emailed an expert on 'mivec' engines [an AL member] and his opinion was that this particular engine couldn't produce 300bhp.

Apart from the false 'bhp' value, what are the other minuses/set backs, that can be seen? [eg. resell value after conversion, whether conversion parts used could be faulty, the technical side etc]

Thanks in advance.

The Ad

Mitsubishi MIVEC 2lt V6 Full Conversion for Lancer Ck1 / Ck2

Full complete engine suspension system with manual transmission.

producing over 300bhp, front wheel drive, all for disc with upgraded

break booster and competition clutch plate.

Edited by mirage7777

10 answers to this question

are you going to share the other pros and cons apart from the incorrect bhp rating?

sorry culdn't reply earlier,just got back after the weekend.

i was on the verge of doing this conversion on my ck2. but the incorrect bhp value has put me off.

Still- i feel like doing it but i need advice of the experts of AL members --- on the resell value of the car, whether i'll be prone to mechanical defects, the price quoted, etc. [ if not this engine & suspension ---- other similar conversions]

any suggestion will be highly appreciated, and will help me in my decision

thanks again.

my personal opinion would be to not do the conversion... why not pay a bit more and go through with a evo conversion..that may be a better option.

what you should do is find a person who owns a fto, drive that car and see if you think it's worth doing the swap. the fto may be a lighter car. so keep that in mind as well when you take the drive

thanks Fusso, for your reply.

evo conversion is great idea, but who does a reliable and economical job in SL?

i am sure there would have been a thread on it, i'll search for it now.

any idea as to the cost involved? mine should be evo 4 model, since YOM is 1997.

Fusso in your initial reply, u wanted the pros & cons ----since i'm clueless when it comes to mechanical aspects, i'll paste here the reply sent to me by an AL member, who i presume is the expert on Mivec engines --- i'm sure it will be useful to someone interested in mivecs -----------------------

Thank you for contacting me on the clarification you wanted, but unfortunately I am not that much technically qualified to answer your questions as I am involved more with the racing aspect with Mitsubishi and not with the commercial cars.

Moreover the cars that I have had experience are with the Evo’s and that too the ones that were built in the last 12 years. However I have not heard of an engine with 2000cc V6 and MIVEC producing 300BHP.

Let’s put it this way. The Evo engine is also 2000cc and I/C turbo and still producing 285BHP. So how can a non-turbo 2000cc produce 300BHP?? Doesn’t seem right about that. Furthermore the only closest 300BHP non-turbo engine that ever MMC made was the Pajero Evo (which I owned few years ago and raced with it) had a 3500cc quad cam MIVEC engine but still produced 285BHP.

So on the lines what you said does not look right. Check again on the specs and also with some one who is technically sound-------------

-----i'm thankful to him for taking time to reply. hope it would be useful to someone--------

well thanks again

Hi Mirage,

first and foremost I have seen the 2L Mivec V6 engine which is probably the one in question here in a FTO GPX and I gotta tell you its quite a big engine, (because its a V6) and people might have trouble getting it in, in the first place.

And the BHP figures are around 200BHP not 300BHP at least according to the owner of that car,

If you really want to do a Mivec conversion why don't you try the smaller 4G92 which I think is a Mivec (1.6 if I am not mistaken) and would drop straight in to your car, or a 4G93 or a 4G93T (T for Turbo) 1.8L engines which are economical and you might be able to extract 200BHP of the turbo variant

The holy grail is an Evo conversion obviously but all of the above should be much cheaper, as they would not probably require you to change your axles etc and would require minimum effort comparatively speaking and would be cheaper to maintain.

The Don

thanks a lot 'The Don' for your advice, and 'fusso' for the telephone no.

well i looked at some threads on conversion, -------- its really exciting to read- lol --- how much more will it be to drive one.

if a conversion is done, and as it alters the weight of the car and engine no, -- the correct way to go about is to inform the RMV?

anyone know the procedure?