• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Plans To Introduce $2500 Car

Saturn

Question

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/12/business...amp;oref=slogin

NEW DELHI, Oct. 11 — A revolution is taking place in India that could change what most of the world drives.

Next fall, the Indian automaker Tata Motors is scheduled to introduce its long-awaited People’s Car, with a sticker price of about $2,500. Hot on its tail may be as many as half a dozen new ultra-affordable vehicles — some from the world’s leading carmakers, including Toyota and Renault-Nissan.

Well, hopefully the car will come to sri lanka eventually, but with tax + markup + other stuff I doubt it will be anything near the Indian price.

Hope the car is a real car, not some joke like the QQ

On the subject of QQ's, I'm shocked that people, especially ladies here buy that. I guess they havent seen the crash test videos..

7 answers to this question

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/12/business...amp;oref=slogin

NEW DELHI, Oct. 11 — A revolution is taking place in India that could change what most of the world drives.

Next fall, the Indian automaker Tata Motors is scheduled to introduce its long-awaited People’s Car, with a sticker price of about $2,500. Hot on its tail may be as many as half a dozen new ultra-affordable vehicles — some from the world’s leading carmakers, including Toyota and Renault-Nissan.

Well, hopefully the car will come to sri lanka eventually, but with tax + markup + other stuff I doubt it will be anything near the Indian price.

Hope the car is a real car, not some joke like the QQ

On the subject of QQ's, I'm shocked that people, especially ladies here buy that. I guess they havent seen the crash test videos..

food of thought for Micro Car company/Transmec

a female collegue from office bought a QQ recently. I sent here crash test pictures of it right afterwards. She was shocked.The majority of people here completely neglect safety features when they buy a car.

All of a sudden there's going to be quite a few "low cost" cars popping up. The Tata "one Lakh" car is not the only one. There is Bajaj working with Renault (Tata is working with Fiat) on a "one Lakh" car!

Then there's Toyota with the IQ world car that will be built in different regions. The VW "UP" concept also previews a low cost rear engined twin or single cylinder car. There's already the Dacia Logan by Renault which is a cheap sedan.

But most exciting is Gordon Murray's radical light weight T25 that he claims will revelutionise low cost personal transport and will be licenced to large manufacturers.

a female collegue from office bought a QQ recently. I sent here crash test pictures of it right afterwards. She was shocked.The majority of people here completely neglect safety features when they buy a car.

the chinese auto industry and safety dont seem to get along too well..... a crash test i came across on youtube.... for the "brilliance BS6", some mid sized sedan, makes you wonder what the QQ would actually end up like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F06LjugtIUo

Don't mean D, do you? Considering the bumps and scrapes on that, I thought she was dedicated to find out the hard way :D

The sad this is that the high taxes on cars that make the car prices astronomical are forcing more and more people to go for useless cars like the QQ that will probably cut their lifespan by several decades. must be a government plot to reduce overpopulation.

Edited by SeanD