• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recommend Me A Security System ...

ferrarif50

Question

10 answers to this question

hi all,

what are the GOOD security systems we can get here in SL? there r so many brands with different features... what u guys recommend ?

btw, are those security systems with gsm technology is not available now? i heard somthing like that ...

Thanx

:rolleyes:

Hi,

cant directly say which security system is better, I used to have some unbranded 2way FM security system that is very good (it was 15K), (they claim that it works over 2km, but practically it worked around 200m), it has good signal through walls etc. and give alert back to me when their is alarm, but downside is it eats battery lot, so had to change battery every month. I used Steel mate display type security system too, It is very nice in term of cosmetic view but bit bulky.

my recommendation is go through feature of available security systems and decide what features you required,

To sell GSM type security systems requires defense ministry approval (even though some sell those without approval). down side of GSM system is monthly rental and value added features limited to GSM coverage.

Hi,

cant directly say which security system is better, I used to have some unbranded 2way FM security system that is very good (it was 15K), (they claim that it works over 2km, but practically it worked around 200m), it has good signal through walls etc. and give alert back to me when their is alarm, but downside is it eats battery lot, so had to change battery every month. I used Steel mate display type security system too, It is very nice in term of cosmetic view but bit bulky.

my recommendation is go through feature of available security systems and decide what features you required,

To sell GSM type security systems requires defense ministry approval (even though some sell those without approval). down side of GSM system is monthly rental and value added features limited to GSM coverage.

Hey i bought one from darley road it was a two way system and it was about 9000 and it had all da features available in it other that remote start (they had it with remote start but ma vehicle was Manuel! so remote start with Manuel don t go well together)And also i bought one from sun lanka over 4 years ago it also had all da features but no two way but engine start was there and haven t had a break down since da installation! ! ! !

Cheers! ! ! !

I have installed a 2way security system from a famous brand available in sri lanka (S** L****) to my car... its works well so far.. Specially im okay with its range coz… i was able to unlock and lock my car at the BMICH car park with out leaving the main hall.. They say its range is 1000M ... but i have not tested it yet..

Features included;

* key tag display the status of the vehicle + battery and signal strength

1) Central locking with imobilizing (with automatic reminder (key tag audio + vibration) )

2) Central lock activates for the first stork of break and automatically unlocks when the engine is turned off

3) Silent mode

4) Immobilizer (when activated > the siren activates and stays on for 14 Sec before disabling the car so that a well behaved thief could park your car nicely by the road side with in the given time << :angry-smiley-048::P )

5) vibration sensor

6) general reminder

And some other minor features which I do not need to explain

my package includes 2 key tags… but only one has the display...other is like a backup.. Anyway im impressed with the battery life of these key tags...the key tag with the display has a rechargeable battery (charger should inserted in to the cigarette lighter) and it can last for about 7-10 days without recharging again. The other key tag i think has a 12v disposable micro battery..

What you have to pay attention is the list of options and the way they install it in to your car... coz i know some of these ppl don’t adopt proper (professional) wiring methods.. so ask them about that before you purchase the system. It is better if you could go through the manual and the installation guide before installing it...(even though you don’t install it by your self)...

Check the sensitivity of the vibration sensor before you buy...ask them to demonstrate to see if it meets the level of sensitivity that you expect… << now don’t mis understand that if you are a lady plz!! :D:D:lol::lol: !

The system cost me about 17,900/= (last june)

Cheers

Archon

Edited by Archon

I purchased a security system for my FORD from a place at Chithra Lane (near Asiri). I think the name is WestStar. 6849/= for it and it comes with basic options. No remote start or boot opener. But the product is good and it has a nice key tag. Also they have more expensive stuff also. Give a ring and see.

/big Daddy.

Guys,

I'm also interested in fixing a security system to my wagon. Since my wagon doesn't come with central locking i had to get it installed too. i checked with "S** L****" and they said they can fix both for 9500/-(which is within my budget). But my what worry me is one of my friends told me when ppl install security systems they doesn't do wiring correctly(cutting wires in wrong places etc.). So any of you who had purchased from S** L**** had any problem regarding wires? Also are there any other places to get a security system with warrenty?

Thx.

Guys,

I'm also interested in fixing a security system to my wagon. Since my wagon doesn't come with central locking i had to get it installed too. i checked with "S** L****" and they said they can fix both for 9500/-(which is within my budget). But my what worry me is one of my friends told me when ppl install security systems they doesn't do wiring correctly(cutting wires in wrong places etc.). So any of you who had purchased from S** L**** had any problem regarding wires? Also are there any other places to get a security system with warrenty?

Thx.

S** L**** does the wiring well. But it all depends on the guy who is doing the wiring in your car. Just watch while they do it. If you have some understanding of wiring stuff you can see whether they are doing it correctly and correct them.