• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gravel And Corrosion Protection

ThunderBolt

Hi all

Could someone tell me the name of the thick paint they have used in MAZDA and FORD cars for gravel and corrosion protection? Mostly seen as a think line of paint.

Most cars from Singapore come with an undercoat called Tuff Kote offered by Kle@n P@rk.

Both ICI and Wurt# Lanka offer Underseals and Corrosion Inhibitors that go under such coatings.

Most of the better paint guys will be able to do the application.

Most cars from Singapore come with an undercoat called Tuff Kote offered by Kle@n P@rk.

Both ICI and Wurt# Lanka offer Underseals and Corrosion Inhibitors that go under such coatings.

Most of the better paint guys will be able to do the application.

is this stuff only for the undercarrige?

is this stuff only for the undercarrige?

They have different types of coatings (both paintable and non-paintable) for different applications ranging from anti-corrosive to sound reduction to protection from gravel etc. Can be applied at different areas.

Wurt# also did a demo with their sound reduction sheets last week. Its like a thick resin rubber sticker and does wonders for most non Euro cars which lacks insulation from road noises.

They have different types of coatings (both paintable and non-paintable) for different applications ranging from anti-corrosive to sound reduction to protection from gravel etc. Can be applied at different areas.

Wurt# also did a demo with their sound reduction sheets last week. Its like a thick resin rubber sticker and does wonders for most non Euro cars which lacks insulation from road noises.

bet the soundproofing increases the weight alot though...

mahcan any idea how much a paintable coat of anti-corrosive would be?

I'm not sure it is available outside...

I too was searching for it (for my Mazda) as I need to fix a dent on the side.. it's more of a protective layer against tar and mud scratches..

If u do locate a place to buy it, pls do let us know..

Cheers..

hi milindu, machang how much would it cost to get this sound insulation done on a 4 door family car(a honda EK3)..thanks in advance..

I will check with the supplier asap and get back to you.

There is a transparent 3M Protective film which can be applied on the side balances or at edges that tend to chip.

hi milindu, machang how much would it cost to get this sound insulation done on a 4 door family car(a honda EK3)..thanks in advance..

Wurt# quoted as follows

Floor Board Sheets (Looks like self-adhesive thara sheets) - 1 metre x 1/2 metre - Rs. 3100 (Rs 2950 for over 4 sheets) - A full job on a car will need about 5 sheets. It might be worth just doing the front area only.

Compressed panels with foil layer - 10" x 22" x 6 sheets per pack = Rs 4800 - This is meant for door panels, firewall and bonnet areas with additional heat insulation. I think the McF*il sheets might be a much cheaper alternative.

just a question,does this sound insulation really work? its a lot of money that they are charging for it, so its always better to know whether it really works. have you guys even driven a car which has WURTH sound insulation?

I got a thick coat of the underseal done which made a slight difference. Just got introduced to the sheets recently. So unable to comment on that. But its this type of insulation that gives the Euro cars that no fatigue feeling to some extent.

Sealing off openings that wires and other parts pass through is the most effective way to cut noise.

Hi all

Could someone tell me the name of the thick paint they have used in MAZDA and FORD cars for gravel and corrosion protection? Mostly seen as a think line of paint.

if i reply for correct understanding of the requirement.

There is a special primer coat call rust converter which is converted rust the corrosion in to filler so no need brushing and it seal the body. It is use for many places and I heard from the sales ref that it was invented by BMW.

I forgot the company name but he told me he is supplying to dot-Dumi##a the car modifying guy.

for cooling tower pips we purchased from Will Power the chemical supplier

Regards,

Ruwan

Hi all

Is there a sticker available in the market to protect plastic parts near the door from scratches caused by shoes?

if so let me know the place to buy it.

I used to cover those Plastic panels (In Corolla 121... since the interior beige colored, tends to get dirty all the time :blink: ) with thick polythene and blow it with hot air gun.. that will cause the polythene to wrap it around the Plastic panel. this way you can clean the plastic panels very easily. you can even get this done by those "cushion work" guys.. there are couple of shops down at near "Delkanda pola"(Near Nugegoda) area.

Edited by Ruslan