• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Budget Car recommendation under 2.5mil?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a car as a secondary vehicle for my family and have a budget of around 25 lakhs. Here are my main requirements:

• Automatic transmission
  • Availability of parts (price of the parts is not a major concern)
  • I'm okay with older vehicles (not older than 2000) as long as they can be restored to good condition with proper parts.
  • The car should be reliable and parts should be easy to find.

Can you suggest a few suitable models along with their respective years?

Thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shank said:

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a car as a secondary vehicle for my family and have a budget of around 25 lakhs. Here are my main requirements:

• Automatic transmission
  • Availability of parts (price of the parts is not a major concern)
  • I'm okay with older vehicles (not older than 2000) as long as they can be restored to good condition with proper parts.
  • The car should be reliable and parts should be easy to find.

Can you suggest a few suitable models along with their respective years?

Thanks in advance!

You might need to stretch your budget here specially to accommodate the YOM > 2000 requirement. 

With your concern on parts availability I will narrow it down to mainstream models. 

Your obvious choice looks like a Nissan March K11 you could manage to squeeze in a 2000 ish model for this price. 

Alternatively at a slightly stretched budget you could consider 

- Perodua Kelisa ~ 2003-2005. 

- Toyota Soluna ~2000

-Toyota Corolla Diesel Wagons/Vans : CE108/106V models. Petrols  will be out of your budget. 

-Mazda 323/Familia (BJ3P - 1300 variant) might be possible for something between 2.5 and 3.0 

-Nissan AD Wagon (again 1.3)

-Nissan B15 (not FB15) again closer to 3,0 Mill than 2.5

Car prices might be high now but you know some cars go for much less than listed. So with a combination of luck and hard bargaining you might be able to get one for your budget that fulfills all your conditions. 

Edited by matroska

Also....you need to realise that restoring a car can be a costly business if you are to do it properly. So is the 2.5mil budget with the cost of restoration or without ? If without...how much do you have for restoration ? Because this will depend on the condition of the car you would need to start off with (e.g. not having much funds for restoration means you need to get the car in the best condition possible which would be towards the upper end of your budget).

You can get a Proton wira automatic one for your budget but be aware the interior on those are very bad esp the plastic bits

Engine and gearbox are generally good on those as they are the mitsubishi lancer CB2 ones

18 hours ago, matroska said:

You might need to stretch your budget here specially to accommodate the YOM > 2000 requirement. 

With your concern on parts availability I will narrow it down to mainstream models. 

Your obvious choice looks like a Nissan March K11 you could manage to squeeze in a 2000 ish model for this price. 

Alternatively at a slightly stretched budget you could consider 

- Toyota Soluna ~2000

-Toyota Corolla Diesel Wagons/Vans : CE108/106V models. Petrols  will be out of your budget. 

-Mazda 323/Familia (BJ3P - 1300 variant) might be possible for something between 2.5 and 3.0 

-Nissan AD Wagon (again 1.3)

-Nissan B15 (not FB15) again closer to 3,0 Mill than 2.5

Car prices might be high now but you know some cars go for much less than listed. So with a combination of luck and hard bargaining you might be able to get one for your budget that fulfills all your conditions. 

what about 

I have heard it is bit hard to find some spare parts. Is it true?