• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buy a 2nd hand car

Shohan Perera

Question

Hi guys, 

I am so new to this entire community thing. 😊

While doing my research before buying a vehicle, I came  across this community and looking for an advice before buying a vehicle for my personal use and to run some wedding hires to cover up its finance cost.
Currently what I looked in is for under a 800K budget plus or minus,

Toyota Allion 260 2007

Honda civic fd3

Kia Sprotage 2011

Kia Sorento 2012

Can you please guide me on this and please advice me, since this is the 1st vehicle I am planning to buy. Also is this the best time for me to buy or wait until August vehicles import is open? 

3 answers to this question

For 800K (i.e. 800,000( you can barely buy a rusted out DX wagon. Did you mean to say 8mil (8,000,000)?

All the models you have listed have been extensively discussed (as you seem to have gone through them yourself). You should ask specific questions that you may have so that members can actually answer them for you. If not all we can do is just ask you to read the previous threads or we repeat everything that has already been said.

12 hours ago, iRage said:

For 800K (i.e. 800,000( you can barely buy a rusted out DX wagon. Did you mean to say 8mil (8,000,000)?

All the models you have listed have been extensively discussed (as you seem to have gone through them yourself). You should ask specific questions that you may have so that members can actually answer them for you. If not all we can do is just ask you to read the previous threads or we repeat everything that has already been said.

Hi, @iRage sorry about the typo. Yes, I meant 8mil. is this a good time for us to buy a 2nd hand vehicle? Curious if the prices will go down after the import is open! 

12 minutes ago, Shohan Perera said:

Hi, @iRage sorry about the typo. Yes, I meant 8mil. is this a good time for us to buy a 2nd hand vehicle? Curious if the prices will go down after the import is open! 

Doubt it will...might be a small dip.

Everyone keeps saying imports are going to open but the reality is that the country cannot sustain wide open vehicle imports. Definitely not like what it used to be in the past (sadly our supreme leaders might do so for votes but that is just going to be another revisit to our recent past). So..supply is still going to be lower than demand. Lets not forget that the LKR has also lost value so in rupee terms new cars will be quite high. Then we are also assuming that the tax structure has not changed. Which mostly likely will also have to be revamped (if not immediately after opening definitely after some time).

Do you have a car already ?