• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Cover

Arc Angel

whoah... listen buddy. i personally don't care two $hits about talking about death especially if it's mine :)

my point was that you could've expressed your view much more politely... That's how we do things here :)

learn to be polite... people will listen and respect your view.

Yeah Sir

I'll try to express my ideas politely,

As you express how the animal killed , how it suffocated till death, how it bled very politely.

anyway is there a politeness in cruelty ?

Edited by vista2007

And another weird trick i learned once when i was on work deep down south... people leave clear glass bottles filled with water after dark in their gardens to keep cats away... I initially freaked out thinking it's some witchcraft thing since those areas are popular for those but it turned out to be a rather harmless way to keep cats from pooping all over your garden...

I have no clue as to how this works but the people who were doing it insists it works like a charm :) worth a shot

yes this seems to work. i've done this a few times at my place. someone told me the reason being that cat's see their reflection in the bottle and get freaked out!

Yeah Sir

I'll try to express my ideas politely,

As you express how the animal killed , how it suffocated till death, how it bled very politely.

anyway is there a politeness in cruelty ?

how can an accident be related to cruelty mate do you even know the difference of the two :)

me and my bro were shooting at AAA batteries in our backyard which happens to be a bit spacey. the batteries were placed on an old tree trunk and as my bro fired the gun a cat out of nowhere jumped onto the stump... It happened so fast and the pellet hit it smack on the head.

The only time i aimed and fired at an animal was at a "polonga" and i am not shamed of admitting that...

I gave the details of that initial incident to get people not to shoot at cats since i've seen first hand what happens albeit as an accident.

Its amazing that you find it difficult to read and understand simple writing :)

And FYI...when hit by a pellet smack on the head....chances are that the animal died almost instantaneously and not due to suffocation... don't assume what you don't know :angry-smiley-048:

And let me tell you this also... I'm all for animal rights etc and i have done my fair share to help reduce cruelty to animals... But there are ways how you communicate with people.... You're just plain stupid when you go after people rather than challenge the issue...

no garage mate :(

do these little scrapes vanish after a cut and polish?

yeah of course, as long as they are just superficial scratches. Nothing to worry about. We have a big lab and he messed up my wife's car by keeping his paws on the door when she comes in. I bought a bottle of Simonize color polish (Black) and rubbed it off. No mark left at all. he still does it now and then but I don't get affected anymore as it comes off easily. Same goes for cat scratches. Chase them away a few times and it will be fine. Don't lose sleep over it machang!

hi guys,

I park my car outdoors. As a result the #$%#@!# cats in the neighbourhood have decided to congregate on my bonnet at night as if it were a hot tub. I need to get a car cover.

some friends told me the the covers stick to the paint and leave smears....

please advise me on this matter... also would appreciate if you could touch on where to get them from and how much.

thanks mates...

Air guns and pellets are not a permanent solution macho, cos these cats multiply at quite a rate, and they are notoriously hard to control

As people have already said most of these scratches polish out very nicely and even the worst ones can be polished out using some fine rubbing compound so its nothing to worry too much about

Bird shit is far more dangerous as if you do not wash it straight away the acidicity would damage the pain and cause it to crack !! so it does pay to have a roof over your car

my old dog kept a lot of these cats out as he liked to chase them so as ripper suggested maybe thats the best option, lovely animals too :) (better than a lot of humans I know)

how can an accident be related to cruelty mate do you even know the difference of the two :)

me and my bro were shooting at AAA batteries in our backyard which happens to be a bit spacey. the batteries were placed on an old tree trunk and as my bro fired the gun a cat out of nowhere jumped onto the stump... It happened so fast and the pellet hit it smack on the head.

The only time i aimed and fired at an animal was at a "polonga" and i am not shamed of admitting that...

I gave the details of that initial incident to get people not to shoot at cats since i've seen first hand what happens albeit as an accident.

Its amazing that you find it difficult to read and understand simple writing :)

And FYI...when hit by a pellet smack on the head....chances are that the animal died almost instantaneously and not due to suffocation... don't assume what you don't know :angry-smiley-048:

And let me tell you this also... I'm all for animal rights etc and i have done my fair share to help reduce cruelty to animals... But there are ways how you communicate with people.... You're just plain stupid when you go after people rather than challenge the issue...

how can an accident be related to cruelty mate do you even know the difference of the two yeah I dont but I read that interesting story of urs.

You find it difficult to read and understand simple writing, No experience of story telling

animal died almost instantaneously and not due to suffocation... don't assume what you don't know

Yeah I dont know, no one has shot me to depth... Didnt cat give u a smile?

.. I'm all for animal rights etc and i have done my fair share to help reduce cruelty to animals...

Im not for animal rights,

You're just plain stupid when you go after people rather than challenge the issue

I agree,

Edited by vista2007

Air guns and pellets are not a permanent solution macho, cos these cats multiply at quite a rate, and they are notoriously hard to control

As people have already said most of these scratches polish out very nicely and even the worst ones can be polished out using some fine rubbing compound so its nothing to worry too much about

Bird shit is far more dangerous as if you do not wash it straight away the acidicity would damage the pain and cause it to crack !! so it does pay to have a roof over your car

my old dog kept a lot of these cats out as he liked to chase them so as ripper suggested maybe thats the best option, lovely animals too :) (better than a lot of humans I know)

Aah finally a dog lover :) We once had 6 adopted stray pups... brilliant fellows :) they kept up the place nicely and did no harm to the car and my bikes.... garden was dug all over though :)

Your right on with bird droppings :) Sometime ago i used to go on days with dried birdshit on the paint... after close inspection during washing and some thinking only got me to see the ugly picture. I think the remaining digestive acids on bird poop combine with our heat has a nasty effect on paint work.

Now i keep a bottle of water and a rag in the car to wash off any bird poop when i spot it than wait and ruin the paint...

aaah some people are just born dumb or what :angry-smiley-048:

Yo Vista

Yes i do enjoy killing animals, people, aliens etc etc :)

I love when they bleed all over the place and die a horrible death... hell if given the opportunity i'll send a few pellets through your empty head at close range also but i guess i'll be outnumbered with all the retards in SL taking your side...

So consider yourself as the winner in this duel :angry-smiley-048:

I hope Arc_Angel and Myself made your day and gave you your 15 minutes of glory under the spotlight.

take a bow man... you won :)

aaah some people are just born dumb or what :angry-smiley-048:

Yo Vista

Yes i do enjoy killing animals, people, aliens etc etc :)

I love when they bleed all over the place and die a horrible death... hell if given the opportunity i'll send a few pellets through your empty head at close range also but i guess i'll be outnumbered with all the retards in SL taking your side...

So consider yourself as the winner in this duel :angry-smiley-048:

I hope Arc_Angel and Myself made your day and gave you your 15 minutes of glory under the spotlight.

take a bow man... you won :)

Lost temper ?

Lost temper ?

that'll be rather useless online don't you think :)

besides you're not that good to get me ticked off :)

I don't see the point in trying convince somebody who obviously lacks intelligence to understand basic things :)

A wise man once said "Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience"

cheers

Ripper

Edited by Ripper

that'll be rather useless online don't you think :)

besides you're not that good to get me ticked off :)

I don't see the point in trying convince somebody who obviously lacks intelligence to understand basic things :)

A wise man once said "Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and then beat you with experience"

cheers

Ripper

I don't see the point in trying convince somebody who obviously lacks intelligence to understand basic things

-- sure

-- Yeah I'm an idiot. I'm glad I know that. what about u ?

Edited by vista2007

I don't see the point in trying convince somebody who obviously lacks intelligence to understand basic things

sure

Yeah I'm an idiot. I'm glad I know that. what about u ?

listen mate. I'm trying to be polite to you out of respect for AL community... don't take that as weakness.

Just let it go...you and your cats can live happily ever after and do whatever you do best to enjoy each other we don't really care.

If you can't participate constructively in this forum and only go after people without having a clear basis...you're way out of line.

Ignorance is bliss so enjoy the ride. I won't reply to any further posts from you in this regard for the reason i've given in my previous post :)

What are you expecting...a trophy for standing up for cats

listen mate. I'm trying to be polite to you out of respect for AL community... don't take that as weakness.

Just let it go...you and your cats can live happily ever after and do whatever you do best to enjoy each other we don't really care.

If you can't participate constructively in this forum and only go after people without having a clear basis...you're way out of line.

Ignorance is bliss so enjoy the ride. I won't reply to any further posts from you in this regard for the reason i've given in my previous post :)

What are you expecting...a trophy for standing up for cats

Good

Edited by vista2007

in my experience a dog running loose around a car all night will do more damage to the car than a cat. they just can't seem to keep their paws to themselves!

I second that! And so should Madmax. Specially when it concerns his dog and my car! ;)

OK, boy, no more arguments over pussies. Thanks for getting out of it Ripper. Vista, time to let it go.

He he...no worries mate :)

Thought of quietly fading into the night before things got dirty :)

after all this is a great place to talk cars and we should keep it that way :)

cheers mate

ripper

dang, looks like i missed the fight... :)

aparade...

anyhoo, not to flog the dead horse, but i gotta say, vista, you embody the typical characteristics of the 'hypocrite'. You cry blue murder at the thought of a dead cat, but don't think twice before disrespecting a fellow human being.

Yo Ripper and Don, I LOVE DOGS.

just wouldn't be able to take care of them properly so don't want to put the bugger in trouble. Someday though, i'm gonna get me a dorbie....

Tried the water bottle thing some time ago bro, didn't work :(

and I've tried to snipe them with a pebble every time I see them for donkeys years, but they just keep coming back....

agree on the bird crap, it's a killer...

when it rains, they don't hop on cos it's wet, but somehow the thought of watering my bonnet every night seems kinda mean to the car...

will call K9 today and check on the replants ($$$ :( )

if not guess I'll have to do the motion sensing light or siren thing.

thanks vvt-i, knowing that the scratches go away somehow makes this all a little more bearable.. :)

thanks everybody (applicable to all who gave valuable inputs, so it excludes a certain individual)