• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Soundproofing Help

Sparky

Question

Hi guys, first post... though I've been visiting for a while.

I've just put my car in for a full overhaul and painting and want to beef up the soundproofing. I'm aiming for as quiet and comfortable a car as possible and I want to cut down on external noise.

So far I've checked with Pet#o who quoted Rs. 30,000 for soundproofing the entire cabin, using something called "Squash" (I may have misheard). My mechanic says he usually uses a material like felt, which cuts down on sound but can be problematic if it gets wet. I've had problems with a leaky sunroof before so I'd like to avoid that just in case it crops up again.

I've also looked at importing some Dynamat, but that will run to about Rs. 20,000 including shipping.

So, any ideas on what I should do? Are there better alternatives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Hi guys, first post... though I've been visiting for a while.

So, any ideas on what I should do? Are there better alternatives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is special rubber sheet (5mm,10mm etc ) ,call Aero Flex, use for Air conditioning it has great suoundproofing and withstand to water & UV, heat insulation and fire.

avaialble in FRP Traders I think in Bumbelapity see the Yelow page.

I am nor expert but I think you can check the possibilty of application for the doors etc. Usualy outdoor sound level is 80dB and ask the Sales ref which thickness is need to reduce it to 40dB ( comfort sound level)