• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Stopping On The Way

Razo

Question

this prob started happening recently since i serviced my car. when waiting i'm at traffic or at red lights. the engine stops. you can start it up after that bt have to keep up the rpm or it stops. bt the same this doesnt happen at the the begining or end of wherenever i'm going. meaning i've parked the car and leaving it idling but it doesnt stop like it did on the road.

my 1st guess is it might be my accelerator spring needs to be adjusted or the's a block in my petrol line and not enough petrols coming to the carb.

plz guys, anyone had this prob b4

11 answers to this question

this prob started happening recently since i serviced my car. when waiting i'm at traffic or at red lights. the engine stops. you can start it up after that bt have to keep up the rpm or it stops. bt the same this doesnt happen at the the begining or end of wherenever i'm going. meaning i've parked the car and leaving it idling but it doesnt stop like it did on the road.

my 1st guess is it might be my accelerator spring needs to be adjusted or the's a block in my petrol line and not enough petrols coming to the carb.

What’s ur car? Auto or Manual? petrol or diesel? :action-smiley-060:

could be your petrol filter.

There are small vacuum pipes in your engine. one of this vacuum pipes has been disconnected i think. So take your vehicle to experienced mechanic he will find the vacuum pipe and fix it. This may be a little case.

No need to do any changes.

Edited by Nilantha

One of my friends has EXACTLY the same problem, in his case the fuel injection system needed to be decarbonised and cleaned and the problem was sorted

Nilantha if the vacuume pipes are damaged you would see this problem manifest when idling as well usually

If you mention the model of your car it might be helpful, it could be your idle controller or the throttle position sensor as well

yup vacum pipes are common on carb engines..they are there to carryout diff tasks like maintaining the idle speed at normal load conditions, idle up when the A/C gets switched on,etc...and these are all connected to diff valves such as

A/C idle boost solenoid valve,primary slow mixture cut off valve,throttle controller control valve,air bleed valve,etc