• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alternatives For Darley Road???

Sha7

Hi Guys,

Most of us used to go to Darley Road for auto stuff. But in my personal experience it is not the nicest place to be in the city with kudda’s all around.

Recently I was looking for a steering wheel cover and went all over Darley Road. But wasn’t able to find a one in good quality. But at last found a one from Delkanda. They gave me the cover for a lesser price than Darley people and very much better in quality too.

And the service is excellent (Gentle and Clean guy came to fix it – Not a Kudda)

So guys, If you know about places where we can get same or better services for the same price as Darley road please share it here.

It can be anything – Ex. Auto stuff, Tint, Power shutters, locking, stickers, etc. :rolleyes:

There is another place close to my office, colombo 02- Right at the roundabout of the old empire theatre

Just a single shop. Decent guys- they do tints, sell various accesories(car seat covers, steering wheel covers, auto perfumes,lights, alarms etc etc)

price MAYBE 100 or 200 rupees more than darley road but me me not sure of the prices there.Anyway less hassle over here

good place and yes no f#### kuddas like in darley road..will shoot those buggers one day if they touch my car.(coz they did once and ripped me off!!)

There is another place close to my office, colombo 02- Right at the roundabout of the old empire theatre

Just a single shop. Decent guys- they do tints, sell various accesories(car seat covers, steering wheel covers, auto perfumes,lights, alarms etc etc)

price MAYBE 100 or 200 rupees more than darley road but me me not sure of the prices there.Anyway less hassle over here

good place and yes no f#### kuddas like in darley road..will shoot those buggers one day if they touch my car.(coz they did once and ripped me off!!)

aaahh yes... I also had a horrible experience there bu now i've graduated from the Darley road university :)

Power shutters/winders etc... there's a guy by the name of Raja near those bookshops near darley road...

Most of the usual kudda's at darley road get their stuff fixed from this guy and if you straight off got to him...the prices are pretty cheap... A winder job is about 400bucks max with new cables etc.

there's another small petti kade kinda joint called samp*th motors near the bridge that connects darley road towars DR wijey Mw...

He's also prety good and reasonable for those small jobs...

Don't know about accessories though...

I hit one of my side mirrors on a trishaw bugger and now they won't retract... tried my best to remove the damn mirror/glass but can't seem to figure out how the hell it's held in place... so gotta take mine also to one of these places to sort it out... :(

If i knew how to remove the bloody mirror thing i'm sure i can figure out what's wrong with...probably some loose connection or smmin like that :(

guys can somebody pls tell me a place tht repairs door handles/ locks... :unsure: other than dis darley road.. two of my door handles r jammed... it looks like some spring or someting ( tht keep door handls in it's normal position...) is broken..they r all ways up... :angry-smiley-048: ....little help guys...

guys can somebody pls tell me a place tht repairs door handles/ locks... :unsure: other than dis darley road.. two of my door handles r jammed... it looks like some spring or someting ( tht keep door handls in it's normal position...) is broken..they r all ways up... :angry-smiley-048: ....little help guys...

from inside or outside???

If you're a lil bit good with minor mechanics this is a pretty easy thing for a DIY :)

If it's from inside...there's a little plastic thing that holds the rod that controls the locking mechanism... If this has come off your door handles won't work from the inside...

The sampath place i mentioned earlier will get this done pretty fast... dont pay anything over a couple of hundred bucks since this seems to be a minor issue :)

aaahh yes... I also had a horrible experience there bu now i've graduated from the Darley road university :)

Power shutters/winders etc... there's a guy by the name of Raja near those bookshops near darley road...

Most of the usual kudda's at darley road get their stuff fixed from this guy and if you straight off got to him...the prices are pretty cheap... A winder job is about 400bucks max with new cables etc.

there's another small petti kade kinda joint called samp*th motors near the bridge that connects darley road towars DR wijey Mw...

He's also prety good and reasonable for those small jobs...

Don't know about accessories though...

I hit one of my side mirrors on a trishaw bugger and now they won't retract... tried my best to remove the damn mirror/glass but can't seem to figure out how the hell it's held in place... so gotta take mine also to one of these places to sort it out... :(

If i knew how to remove the bloody mirror thing i'm sure i can figure out what's wrong with...probably some loose connection or smmin like that :(

Sad to say Ripper, it might be a bit more than a loose connection. The last time that happened to me, one of the plastic bits the hold the metal arms broke, and I had to get a new mirror !! but maybe one of these bods might able to do an SL style repair with a bit of araldite !

LP Gunaratne on Darley Road (if I got the name right) should be able to sort you out

if you live close to Nugegoda there are 2 places close to Gansaba junction that might be able to help you too

Sad to say Ripper, it might be a bit more than a loose connection. The last time that happened to me, one of the plastic bits the hold the metal arms broke, and I had to get a new mirror !! but maybe one of these bods might able to do an SL style repair with a bit of araldite !

damn :blink:

I can't hear the motor running when i put the switch on so i thought it was a loose connection/contact point problem thingy :(

I once had a simillar problem but could hear the motor... and this is my left mirror and i think that one control the other one also.. the first time i retracted it the right one retracted but the left one didn't but now nothing retracts :(

guess one way to find out... take it to one of these joints and check it out..

BTW don...you don't by any chance know how to remove the mirror from the housing? I darley road bugger do it in no time..there is some il technique to do it i think... I go the whole mirror out of the car hoping to remove the mirror from the housing so i can access the motor parts but with all that wd40 etc...couldn't get it to come off :(

damn :blink:

I can't hear the motor running when i put the switch on so i thought it was a loose connection/contact point problem thingy :(

I once had a simillar problem but could hear the motor... and this is my left mirror and i think that one control the other one also.. the first time i retracted it the right one retracted but the left one didn't but now nothing retracts :(

guess one way to find out... take it to one of these joints and check it out..

BTW don...you don't by any chance know how to remove the mirror from the housing? I darley road bugger do it in no time..there is some il technique to do it i think... I go the whole mirror out of the car hoping to remove the mirror from the housing so i can access the motor parts but with all that wd40 etc...couldn't get it to come off :(

Well Ripper I have done this before, but for a different car, the problem is if you make a mistake you will break the mirror glass,

the technique I used was to get the mirror glass to one side as much as possible creating a good enough opening for me to wedge a long flat headed scredriver in to wedge the mirror out of the plastic ball joint holding it. The most important thing was not to put force on the mirror itself so that it would not bend and break

the above is obviously not a professional method, and is not advisable at all, and i only did it because i was curious. Not guaranteed to work and might cause serious damage to your mirror and glass

Different model but the instructions might help

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/gallery.h...&subject=15

Edited by The Don