• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying & Maintaining A Toyota Starlet Gt How?

chinth_guy

you'll need to use 95 octane so you're pretty screwed if you don't know the difference :rolleyes:

Errrr why?Why 95? any partcular reason? I am sure everybody along the road side knows what 90 and 95 means.sue

Do I need to use 95 just because it is turbo-charged and has 140bhp?Need more professional comments

Well I had a 2000model Honda CBR600F4 which I used to Race. 160bhp have enough economy and power from 90 octane! Now this is a power machine. Didnt get anything more buy using 95!!!! :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

:action-smiley-060:

What should I look for when buying a starlet GT ?How is parts availability? what is cost in maintaining one? :action-smiley-060:

The Starlet GT is a nice car to drive. Get the engine checked well before you buy it. The engine seems to have excessive wastage, 2 GT's i know have already gone through a engine swap coz the onginal engine was wasted.

The Starlet GT is a nice car to drive. Get the engine checked well before you buy it. The engine seems to have excessive wastage, 2 GT's i know have already gone through a engine swap coz the onginal engine was wasted.

This is probably due to these cars being driven hard by their owners, and also smaller capacity turbo engines tend to have shorter life spans under those conditions than the bigger engines (I think because they tend to be revved higher to be in the power band, and low torque levels compared to bigger beefier engines) like for examples the Charade GTTI.

The turbos also have a finite life expectancy, and might need to be reconditioned or rebuilt, so check for oil leaks

Chinth_Guy, if I may suggest, I know you are a new member here, and I am not sure how old you are, but please do try to use these forums in a responsible objective manner. The experts here (of whom I am actually not one of) have finite amount of time available to spend on advising its members, and thus we should all try to respect that and not waste their time unnecessarily and not piss them off making unwarranted unsubstantiated comments. It is ok not to know about something, we are all here to learn, but its not ok to pretend to know and make misleading comments which have no basis. Also please treat others with due respect, and you will get that in return.

And this also goes to a lot of other new members here, a lot of us who has been in auto lanka for many years have gone through many a problem and topic, and it becomes a bit boring answering the same question over and over again, so please do use the search facility and read up on google etc before posting a new topic or request on this forum. If you find any new information, update an existing topic rather than start a new topic. This would help to keep relevant information together, and help others who are searching the forum for information about something.

Chinth_Guy, if I may suggest, I know you are a new member here, and I am not sure how old you are, but please do try to use these forums in a responsible objective manner. The experts here (of whom I am actually not one of) have finite amount of time available to spend on advising its members, and thus we should all try to respect that and not waste their time unnecessarily and not piss them off making unwarranted unsubstantiated comments. It is ok not to know about something, we are all here to learn, but its not ok to pretend to know and make misleading comments which have no basis. Also please treat others with due respect, and you will get that in return.

And this also goes to a lot of other new members here, a lot of us who has been in auto lanka for many years have gone through many a problem and topic, and it becomes a bit boring answering the same question over and over again, so please do use the search facility and read up on google etc before posting a new topic or request on this forum. If you find any new information, update an existing topic rather than start a new topic. This would help to keep relevant information together, and help others who are searching the forum for information about something.

Second that really :alc: this forum is not G*d's gift to everyone needing automobile advice... Its about giving and receiving.. Newbies- go easy with the attitude and take a look at each Member's stats before shooting replies

Errrr why?Why 95? any partcular reason? I am sure everybody along the road side knows what 90 and 95 means.sue

Do I need to use 95 just because it is turbo-charged and has 140bhp?Need more professional comments

Well I had a 2000model Honda CBR600F4 which I used to Race. 160bhp have enough economy and power from 90 octane! Now this is a power machine. Didnt get anything more buy using 95!!!! :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

first of all i have no idea if starlet GTs need 95 octane... it's called sarcasm aimed at your ranting in the other thread about there being no difference between 90 and 95 octane... that's not the way to go about posting on this forum... and if 'everybody on the road' knew the difference you should be ashamed cos you don't...

and second... since when do 600cc bikes have 160bhp? and even if you tuned 160bhp out of it how did you possibly measure it?

oh dear you're absolutely wrong AGAIN!!! i checked on your bike and its supposed to have under 100bhp... :rolleyes: do YOU get my point?

p.s. for those wondering what i'm replying to... i had to remove this moron's last post and posting ability cos of some choice words he used against the site's admin... apologies for any inconvenience caused :)

Edited by sharkster

oh dear you're absolutely wrong AGAIN!!! i checked on your bike and its supposed to have under 100bhp... :rolleyes: do YOU get my point?

p.s. for those wondering what i'm replying to... i had to remove this moron's last post and posting ability cos of some choice words he used against the site's admin... apologies for any inconvenience caused :)

ah right, I actually was scratching my head for a bit...... well well, into each life a little rain must fall they say, and I guess the same is true for any automotive forum...... clearly the trend of "know it alls" joining up hasn't ended quite yet...

This is probably due to these cars being driven hard by their owners, and also smaller capacity turbo engines tend to have shorter life spans under those conditions than the bigger engines (I think because they tend to be revved higher to be in the power band, and low torque levels compared to bigger beefier engines) like for examples the Charade GTTI.

The turbos also have a finite life expectancy, and might need to be reconditioned or rebuilt, so check for oil leaks

damn it Don...you da man...

I would be honored to have a drink with you when you make your next trip to SL :)

You must be coolest headed dude on AL :) Keep it up bro :)

:food-smiley-004::action-smiley-033: :action-smiley-033: :action-smiley-033:

damn it Don...you da man...

I would be honored to have a drink with you when you make your next trip to SL :)

You must be coolest headed dude on AL :) Keep it up bro :)

:food-smiley-004::action-smiley-033: :action-smiley-033: :action-smiley-033:

I have to agree...

you're like Mr. Miyagi in Karate Kid :-) (Sorry guys, that was the first movie that came to my mind)

:)

Edited by Arc Angel

I see Shak has been having fun moderating yesterday :D Moved to Toyota section.

Chinth, last guy that tried to post like whats been removed, and questioned the mods, well .... Lets just say the mods are guys who have been here a long time, and long time members, and the forum owners seem ok with the way things are run. New members thinking this is their watha pahala drinking spot and that they can act as they please is just not a good idea. Pls feel free to familiarize yourself with the warning system. I do believe there is a thread somewhere.

Besides, if you want a model on how to disagree with mods, check the way Don does it in the budget/price hike thread.