• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can I Swap 1HZ into 1VD-FTV for Land Cruser 2008 Diesel Currently 1VD used for the Same

Mohammed Faroug

Question

4 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Mohammed Faroug said:

Can I Swap 1HZ into 1VD-FTV for Land Cruser 2008 Diesel Currently 1VD used for the Same

Its always possible. It all depends on how much money you want to throw at it. By saying land cruiser are you referring to a LC70 or a LC200 ?

If it is a LC200..then no...going to require a lot of fabrication to fit that engine in there. The Inline 6 cylinder is a tight queeze in there...plus you will have to custom fabricate the mounts.

If it is a LC70..then yes. You just need to get the mounts, the control units, the general ancilliary devices and the gearbox (1VD comes with a H15x series gearbox and the 1HZ with a R15x series gearbox..the input shafts are different and I beleive so are the ratios)

Now the questionis WHY ? The V8 is far more desirable than the I6. The I6 is low on power and is quite lazy compared to the V8. 

5 hours ago, Mohammed Faroug said:

VDJ200L-GPMNZV

Okay...so you have a Land Cruiser 200. Don't bother....the simple answer is no.

Too much of a hassle to get it to fit in there, not just the engine but also the transmission and then do a conversion from an automatic to manual (assuming you have an automatic).

Then after doing the conversion you are going to completely spoil the car. The 1HZ is going to be too weak for that heavy vehicle. It is barely enough for a 70 series Land Cruiser which is a lot lighter than a LC 200.

Just don't. 

What made you think of the swap ?

On 10/3/2024 at 2:08 PM, iRage said:

Okay...so you have a Land Cruiser 200. Don't bother....the simple answer is no.

Too much of a hassle to get it to fit in there, not just the engine but also the transmission and then do a conversion from an automatic to manual (assuming you have an automatic).

Then after doing the conversion you are going to completely spoil the car. The 1HZ is going to be too weak for that heavy vehicle. It is barely enough for a 70 series Land Cruiser which is a lot lighter than a LC 200.

Just don't. 

What made you think of the swap ?

The 1HZ is a very torquey low rev engine, not designed to run on par with modern engines. Its very low stress and built to run a million km easy, built for the land cruisers of the 80s and 90s. 

This question seems a bit like a no brainer and troll-like. Or maybe OP confused 1HZ with 1HD?

Edited by tiv