• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Car To Choose

carnuwan1

how about an RS :)

Anyways i need to improve on the dough front for any of this... but after the thrashing i got from that civic on galle road...starting to believe that it's a decent option to "settle" for since i don't see myself driving a real performance machine any time soon :(

I'm sure you will enjoy it bro...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about an RS :)

Anyways i need to improve on the dough front for any of this... but after the thrashing i got from that civic on galle road...starting to believe that it's a decent option to "settle" for since i don't see myself driving a real performance machine any time soon :(

You wanna decent option to settle for? A VZR will cost you less than an RS at any time. Just need to be lucky enough to catch one on the market when you have the dough. RS will return far better fuel figures tho. Still, IMO, small price to pay for the difference.

You wanna decent option to settle for? A VZR will cost you less than an RS at any time. Just need to be lucky enough to catch one on the market when you have the dough. RS will return far better fuel figures tho. Still, IMO, small price to pay for the difference.

thanks for helping on boys but i feel a little bit blue at the moment with the techno side :blink:

so guys please whats VZR RS IMO :(

i know i sound very idiotic and si loud in that :

but i have been learning a lot since i joined the forum so hope you won't mind the questioning

thanks ladds

thanks for helping on boys but i feel a little bit blue at the moment with the techno side :blink:

but i have been learning a lot since i joined the forum so hope you won't mind the questioning

thanks ladds

don't feel bad bro... we're all learning here.

I'm sure peri will be the best person to explian to you what the VZR is. For now think of it as a pulsar on steroids :)

the RS is short for Honda civic ViRS, think of it as a more powerful version of the ek3 (vtec engine, 14 inch alloys, bigger brakes etc etc...)

IMO just stands for 'in my opinion' :)

Edited by Arc Angel

thanks ladds

Sorry, dude, that VZR comment was for Ripper. Ur not getting a VZR on ur budget. I was just saying that it'll be cheaper to buy than the RS he mentioned. There are a couple of threads in the "Nissan" Section of the forums, if you want to check out more on it.

the RS is short for Honda civic ViRS, think of it as a more powerful version of the ek3 (vtec engine, 14 inch alloys, bigger brakes etc etc...)

Dude, that is utterly and completely wrong. I'll leave it to Pila or shiz to explain the difference properly, since I never bothered with the nuances, but the RS and ViRS are two completely different cars. I'm not entirely sure, but for one thing, I think they are from two different generations. But don't quote me on that, like I said, not sure.

We bought a car for our mother 2 weeks ago. Its a Nissan March beetle model HA numbers /full option/intelli start etc.absolutely mint. ..guess how much . 14.25/..now isnt that a good deal.....we were hunting for 2,3 weeks and the k11 s fetch about 11-13 depending on the conditon.

Dude, that is utterly and completely wrong. I'll leave it to Pila or shiz to explain the difference properly, since I never bothered with the nuances, but the RS and ViRS are two completely different cars. I'm not entirely sure, but for one thing, I think they are from two different generations. But don't quote me on that, like I said, not sure.

well, guess it was my bad. Cos when ripper mentioned the civic Rs the first thing that popped in to my mind was the ek3 ferio Vi-RS. You are right, the RS is of the ES gen and not tyhe ek.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

well, guess it was my bad. Cos when ripper mentioned the civic Rs the first thing that popped in to my mind was the ek3 ferio Vi-RS. You are right, the RS is of the ES gen and not tyhe ek.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

hi boys

there is an add for a corolla lx AE 110 1997

AUTO A/C P/S

THE ADVERTISER IS ASKING FOR 14.5 BUT THE PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE ADVICE ON THE BEST PRICE

THANKS

hi boys

AUTO A/C P/S

THANKS

that price is too much. LX model too much for 14.5. if it is SE Saloon 14 ok. offer about 12 for LX

Edited by Nilantha

hi boys

AUTO A/C P/S

THANKS

that's not a bad price providing the car is good shape... you might be able knock down around 50k max cos in my experience owners are pretty confident of those price tags if they are not in a rush to get rid of the car... People will still buy em...

Peri/Arc Angel...

I think Pila is selling his RS :) saw it in classifieds :) News is that it's in very very good shape...

Peri is dead on...the Vi-RS and RS are two different breeds... The RS is more race tuned to my knowledge... I've heard getting parts for Racing Spec or RS is a bit difficult and pricey... May be if Pila is around he can chime in :)

Peri/Arc Angel...

I think Pila is selling his RS :) saw it in classifieds :) News is that it's in very very good shape...

Peri is dead on...the Vi-RS and RS are two different breeds... The RS is more race tuned to my knowledge... I've heard getting parts for Racing Spec or RS is a bit difficult and pricey... May be if Pila is around he can chime in :)

He sold it. and yes, it is in very good condition.

And If i'm not mistaken Ripper, that one is a vi-rs. Is that the model that got you on Galle road?

now i'm confused... Pila please help us get some clarity, bro.

Edited by Arc Angel

that price is too much. LX model too much for 14.5. if it is SE Saloon 14 ok. offer about 12 for LX

thanks nilantha :rolleyes::rolleyes:

by the way what is the difference between the two models :(

any links where there is technical details on different CODES of each mODEL OF VEHICHLE :rolleyes:

THANKS AGAIN

He sold it. and yes, it is in very good condition.

And If i'm not mistaken Ripper, that one is a vi-rs. Is that the model that got you on Galle road?

now i'm confused... Pila please help us get some clarity, bro.

Macho i think it's an RS... I got pila's cuz working with me and he says it's an RS...

And the bugger who got me on galle road was a normal civic with vtec :action-smiley-060: Anyways he had about a 50 foot head start and a much older fully stock ae100 on his tail... so that dude just had everything going for him :angry-smiley-048:

But to my credit i've hammered a few eg8 and 18- 19- riced up civics with body kits etc etc and lotsa noise but no speed :) Those buggers must be be pretty ashamed to be spanked by an old corolla :angry-smiley-048:

The lesson i learnt was to only play with rice boys on older civics...i think the fart cannon actually lessens their low end torque so that even my old sprinter stands a chance at beating them :)

And the moment i feel that he's got more pulling power..i'll backout and save face :rolleyes:

Nilantha...

you sure one can get an ae110 for that price if it's in good condition???

AE100 Sprinter SE in good condition are going around 1mil-1.1mil range these days... Mind you these are mostly 19- one made in 1993

Nilantha...

you sure one can get an ae110 for that price if it's in good condition???

AE100 Sprinter SE in good condition are going around 1mil-1.1mil range these days... Mind you these are mostly 19- one made in 1993

yes can.

Toyota Corolla 110

Toyota Corolla 110

* 1996 Unregistered

* AC/Power Stering/Auto

* Power Shutters/Power Mirrors

* Two Aiar Bags/ABS

* Central locking

* engine(EFI)

* Low Millage

* Very good body condition

301-9xxx

Price 1,250,000.00

Toyota Corolla AE110. 301-5xxx 96 model 99 reg. Manual, white, crystals. Dual air bags, ABS brakes. Remote key/alarm. CD player. 110,000kms. In mint condition. Only 12.50/- urgent cash requirement. Call

Edited by Nilantha

Macho i think it's an RS... I got pila's cuz working with me and he says it's an RS...

And the bugger who got me on galle road was a normal civic with vtec :action-smiley-060: Anyways he had about a 50 foot head start and a much older fully stock ae100 on his tail... so that dude just had everything going for him :angry-smiley-048:

But to my credit i've hammered a few eg8 and 18- 19- riced up civics with body kits etc etc and lotsa noise but no speed :) Those buggers must be be pretty ashamed to be spanked by an old corolla :angry-smiley-048:

The lesson i learnt was to only play with rice boys on older civics...i think the fart cannon actually lessens their low end torque so that even my old sprinter stands a chance at beating them :)

And the moment i feel that he's got more pulling power..i'll backout and save face :rolleyes:

Now i'm really confused machan.. A lot of gus reffer to the vi-rs as 'an Rs' as well... Dunno... you may be right. I was under the impression that the es8's (or the es models) RS was the 'RS'. but guess I was wrong... Still confused though..

Com on guys... Pila, racersedge???? some help please?

Anyways, I think you spot on about the fart cannons. Any exhust system should generate a certain amount of backpressure (amount will vary depending on the engine).

Now i'm really confused machan.. A lot of gus reffer to the vi-rs as 'an Rs' as well... Dunno... you may be right. I was under the impression that the es8's (or the es models) RS was the 'RS'. but guess I was wrong... Still confused though..

Com on guys... Pila, racersedge???? some help please?

Anyways, I think you spot on about the fart cannons. Any exhust system should generate a certain amount of backpressure (amount will vary depending on the engine).

he he... chances are that the civic experts must be laughing their butts off at the two of us trying to figure out this ViRS and Rs thing :):action-smiley-060:

yes can.

Toyota Corolla 110

Toyota Corolla 110

* 1996 Unregistered

* AC/Power Stering/Auto

* Power Shutters/Power Mirrors

* Two Aiar Bags/ABS

* Central locking

* engine(EFI)

* Low Millage

* Very good body condition

301-9xxx

Price 1,250,000.00

Toyota Corolla AE110. 301-5xxx 96 model 99 reg. Manual, white, crystals. Dual air bags, ABS brakes. Remote key/alarm. CD player. 110,000kms. In mint condition. Only 12.50/- urgent cash requirement. Call

Nilantha...

I understand you're the toyota man here but those urgent sales/owner migrating etc car deals should be done very cautiously...

Nothing is indestructible... 12.50 sounds like a very good price for that car providing it's in good shape :)

he he... chances are that the civic experts must be laughing their butts off at the two of us trying to figure out this ViRS and Rs thing :):action-smiley-060:

LOL :D so true....

anyways bro, just check out these two links and see if it helps our cause :)

This one for the RS

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/mod...car=91520#specs

and this one for the Vi-Rs

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/honda/...o/1998_9/12495/

Pila's ex car was a ViRS. It just had a RS badge on the front grille, but that doesn't mean its an RS. It had Type-R seatbelts but that don't make it a Type-R either. I'd suggest you ask the man direct. How many times you see a Honda fan get messed up on these things? All you need is a Honda badge and a Type-R sticker on the windshield has half of them are ready to call a sedan a Type-R!

Pila's ex car was a ViRS. It just had a RS badge on the front grille, but that doesn't mean its an RS. It had Type-R seatbelts but that don't make it a Type-R either. I'd suggest you ask the man direct. How many times you see a Honda fan get messed up on these things? All you need is a Honda badge and a Type-R sticker on the windshield has half of them are ready to call a sedan a Type-R!

Peri

You're correct machan... I also had my wires mixed up... Pila's cuz just confirmed that it was a ViRS

Arc_Angel

You were right from the start on Pila's car...

Must check the differences of RS and ViRS if they are two different cars in the first place...thanks for the links :)

go for the hyundai mate.....if you are not in the business of buying & selling of motor vehicles, then you wont suffer..hyundai, kia are not some cheap brands any more...

no offense to you bro but IMHO Hyundai is not a "cheap" brand but their sedans are not the best with build quality, reliability, resale etc...

My limited experience with the brand has made me wanna stay away from them ...at least for the moment :)