• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Car To Choose

carnuwan1

no offense to you bro but IMHO Hyundai is not a "cheap" brand but their sedans are not the best with build quality, reliability, resale etc...

My limited experience with the brand has made me wanna stay away from them ...at least for the moment :)

Ade ripper, will i experiance the same with my huyndai? so far so good...will see...if it happens, then iam a dead duck, coz my father never wanted to buy a hundai. but, mate with the budget we had, if we went for a japanese one, we could have bought a 18- or 19- thing..given that, huyndai offerd superb features..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my knowledge some differences between the vi-rs and rs

Both the EK3 and the ES3 came out with sporty sedans called RS however the EK3 was called VI-RS and the ES3 was just called RS (no vi name for it)

The VI-RS has a d15b 3-stage vtec engine which produces 130ps while the RS has the D17A engine which produces 130ps as well

The D17A engine is not considered a proper VTEC as it doesn’t change cam profiles like the d15b found in the EG8’s and EK3’s thus it has a lower redline and better low end torque and is excellent for day to day traffic running but dull when it comes to straight line perfoamnce pretty much similar to what u find in the corollas and sunnys.

The VI-RS with the D15B has crap low end torque but excellent power up there all the way to the red line (7600rpm) and with simple mods like intake/exhaust it makes a world of a difference in power.

The es3 rs has a shorter 1st and 2nd gears compared to the vi-rs but is a sitting duck when it comes to 3rd as its bloody long.

The ES3 rs has factory defects and its market is not that great at the moment for ex the steering rack has issues, the EPS malfunctions, the crank sensor is supposed to blow and the dash rattles like a bitch.

I would say the ek3 vi-rs is a much better car than the es3 rs.

that's not a bad price providing the car is good shape... you might be able knock down around 50k max cos in my experience owners are pretty confident of those price tags if they are not in a rush to get rid of the car... People will still buy em...

Peri/Arc Angel...

I think Pila is selling his RS :) saw it in classifieds :) News is that it's in very very good shape...

Peri is dead on...the Vi-RS and RS are two different breeds... The RS is more race tuned to my knowledge... I've heard getting parts for Racing Spec or RS is a bit difficult and pricey... May be if Pila is around he can chime in :)

Sorry for the late reply Guys been out of it and was not following this thread. The ViRS is the Ek3 variant the RS is the Es3 edition.

The RS or ViRS are not 'raced tuned' cars machan- they just have a few more bells and whistles than their normal Vi/Vti brothers. (not mention the stiffer suspension)

Ahhh the 'RS' us not really RS/Race Spec and in say Evo language.. it actually stands for 'Road Sailing'

Pila's ex car was a ViRS. It just had a RS badge on the front grille, but that doesn't mean its an RS. It had Type-R seatbelts but that don't make it a Type-R either. I'd suggest you ask the man direct. How many times you see a Honda fan get messed up on these things? All you need is a Honda badge and a Type-R sticker on the windshield has half of them are ready to call a sedan a Type-R!

It does not have Type R seatbelts lol and your not gonna let me get-away with the seat belt covers no? :D I told you its a tribute to the 'Type R' lol and its on the rear seats- so i dont use them!

I think people seem to fancy the Type R logo (little kids liking the colors really) tend to stick it on their vans, marutis, and 3 wheelers are what not!

It does not have Type R seatbelts lol and your not gonna let me get-away with the seat belt covers no? :D I

Your fault. Don't have anything else bad to say about your car. Have to find something. Well, I suppose I could say summin about the noise too, but thats nit-picking.

yes can.

Toyota Corolla 110

Toyota Corolla 110

* 1996 Unregistered

* AC/Power Stering/Auto

* Power Shutters/Power Mirrors

* Two Aiar Bags/ABS

* Central locking

* engine(EFI)

* Low Millage

* Very good body condition

301-9xxx

Price 1,250,000.00

Toyota Corolla AE110. 301-5xxx 96 model 99 reg. Manual, white, crystals. Dual air bags, ABS brakes. Remote key/alarm. CD player. 110,000kms. In mint condition. Only 12.50/- urgent cash requirement. Call

hi nilanntha aiyye

i am sending the details of a TOYOTA CORSA AX thats advertised in the site

toyota corsa

el 53

power seering and ac

its there for 1030,000

my farther is thinking of buying it as he says its good on the fuel

but a friend who drives one said the drive is rusty and thier is a lot of shaking at 60km/hr

please send some advice please

thanks a lot bye

hi nilanntha aiyye

i am sending the details of a TOYOTA CORSA AX thats advertised in the site

toyota corsa

el 53

power seering and ac

its there for 1030,000

my farther is thinking of buying it as he says its good on the fuel

but a friend who drives one said the drive is rusty and thier is a lot of shaking at 60km/hr

please send some advice please

thanks a lot bye

price bit more b'cos this is a basic car and also not crystal light model.

Edited by Nilantha

price bit more b'cos this is a basic car and also not crystal light model.

thanks aiyye for the quick reply :rolleyes:

i think you must have seen the two corolla 110 cars advertised to day for 1,750,000

but the question that worries me is why is the car model of 1997 is priced same as the 2000 model :blink:

what is the code system se ae ce stands for

thanks again

nuwan : B)

thanks aiyye for the quick reply :rolleyes:

i think you must have seen the two corolla 110 cars advertised to day for 1,750,000

but the question that worries me is why is the car model of 1997 is priced same as the 2000 model :blink:

what is the code system se ae ce stands for

thanks again

nuwan : B)

CE- Diesel model, AE- Petrol model

write to my e-mail.