• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Airtel Is Comming Soon To Sri Lanka

raveen

Who will be the #1? Dialog?? Airtel? or?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Number One mobile network provider in the future?

• Bharathi Airtel
    • DialogGSM
    • Tigo
    • Hutch
    • Mobitel

thats very true, recently Dialog Reload software was updated and they issued a new fast sim, actually its very slow and most of the time system unavilalble, not user friendly at all, old sim was very user friendly and its easy. the funny thing abt the news sim is on reload menue they placed the new option "location service" to the place in the Reload option was in the old sim, so when u click location service and then where am i, it debet 2 rs from the account, For the reload Sim why on earth they added such a option ? we dnt need to know "where am i, we only need the IVR and Reload options

Machung, we all know there maybe many technology glitches, and folks at Dialog are doing a lot to keep us all in touch. My advice is to complain via their toll free line if the service is dis-satisfactory and regarding bill issues. If you do not receive a satisfactory resolution I suggest you make a second complaint, stating the first, and the guy who did not handle your previous complaint will run into a lot of trouble for not attending for it on time. I've had a chat with a CS guy and he told me this.

Personally, I suggest you should be with the best service provider. Being in the service industry, what I've known is that our people do not complain, they just simply move on to another. Why don't you let the Service Providers know that you are not happy and try to get the best from them before moving on?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not very glam i'm afraid machan :mellow:

double major in Mkting & Mgt :)

ammata udu!

sounds pretty bad mate! :)

Mktng eh! yiiiiikes!!!!!

A possible client? :)

How about joining Fiat or summin and teach those fellas how to sell cars :)

they have a good product but not to great strategy to market it me thinks ....

anyways... good luck with job hunting...

Machung, we all know there maybe many technology glitches, and folks at Dialog are doing a lot to keep us all in touch. My advice is to complain via their toll free line if the service is dis-satisfactory and regarding bill issues. If you do not receive a satisfactory resolution I suggest you make a second complaint, stating the first, and the guy who did not handle your previous complaint will run into a lot of trouble for not attending for it on time. I've had a chat with a CS guy and he told me this.

Personally, I suggest you should be with the best service provider. Being in the service industry, what I've known is that our people do not complain, they just simply move on to another. Why don't you let the Service Providers know that you are not happy and try to get the best from them before moving on?

Isam, you are right. Many of our people do not complain, not only in the tele-comunication sector but even in other sectors as well. Once you pay for a service you should make sure that you get what you paid for.

In the case of Airtel, from what i've observed the main reason to switch is the call charge. With storonger competition the consumers will have the benifit as each player tries to excel the others.

Got a mail with some pics of the Airtel office, looks nice to pay a visit ;)

Holy OT batman! Can we go back to the mobile operator bashing thing :P

Congrats Dev! Lets meet on your first payday ;)

how on earth did we veer sooo far off topic in the first place?! :o

...your not the first to have indicated that they'de be interested in meeting up on that particular day.... :blink: i wonder why.. :lol:

Congrats Dev for your achievement!

thanx machan :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Since the hype and expectations of Airtel in Sri Lanka has now died down and people are actually using the conncetions i am hearing a lot of complaints of call clarity and especially trying to make a call to another network.

Also the other networks too have stepped up their marketing campaigns and coming out with reduced tariffs and so on.. its going to be a cut throat market for sure.

But my question is..is airtel really worth it??

Hi Guys,

Since the hype and expectations of Airtel in Sri Lanka has now died down and people are actually using the conncetions i am hearing a lot of complaints of call clarity and especially trying to make a call to another network.

Also the other networks too have stepped up their marketing campaigns and coming out with reduced tariffs and so on.. its going to be a cut throat market for sure.

But my question is..is airtel really worth it??

when Airtell came people expected A2A outgoin free, but it didnt hapend and thats the main reason Airtlell is more like Hutch now, for Dealers and sub dealers they have issued a special sim, for any network outgoin per minute is 1.35, thats the onyl reason im using Airtell,

when Airtell came people expected A2A outgoin free, but it didnt hapend and thats the main reason Airtlell is more like Hutch now, for Dealers and sub dealers they have issued a special sim, for any network outgoin per minute is 1.35, thats the onyl reason im using Airtell,

airtel doesn't offer per second billing right? so their per min charge might not be that "cheap" if you're like me and make very short calls :P

Thats all fine an good, but you need to have to other party on Airtel to use that, and just now, its not much good.

Exactly. In my phone contacts, 99% are dialog numbers. For me the per second blaster rocks. Nothing to beat it.

I have to admit I was looking forward to Airtel coming to SL, but that was mainly because I wanted Dialog and co to get off their high horses and give customers a good deal, instead of trying to squeeze them dry.... And they have, I doubt stuff like the blaster package would have been made available if it weren't for Airtel, the simple truth is, Dialog et al were running scared... so they gave customers the best possible deal. For that, we should be grateful to Airtel.

I have to admit I was looking forward to Airtel coming to SL, but that was mainly because I wanted Dialog and co to get off their high horses and give customers a good deal, instead of trying to squeeze them dry.... And they have, I doubt stuff like the blaster package would have been made available if it weren't for Airtel, the simple truth is, Dialog et al were running scared... so they gave customers the best possible deal. For that, we should be grateful to Airtel.

so true,