• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Show This Weekend

big Daddy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah guy's I am definetely in on Saturday :jumping-smiley-013: with My new 16" Chrome Alloys & 205x50x16 Tyre's B) !!!

I'll also drop in to check this out :)

seems like all of a sudden we have multiple motorshows... So far FP has done the best but needs more work on new cars etc etc...

The mag people were boasting about getting down concept cars etc sometime ago but i heard that the insurance values for those are so damn expensive it's gonna be a no go... Let's see what happens :)

I wonder how auto dealerships can afford to attend multiple motorshows in one year... car sales might not be that bad after all :)

Guys its the CMTA Motorshow. All the Brand New Car Importers will have their stalls.

I dont think you need invitations for the event. You can go to the gate and purchase tickets.

Cant say how good it will be untill we go there physically now can we??

Hi Guys,

Heard that there is a car show this weekend (c******o Car Show). It is going to be on a new theme, with new cars etc: Any idea if it is going to be good? :unsure:

/big Daddy

It's not Ceylin*o car show <_< .... it's called "Ce*lon Motor Shows" organised by the Ceylon Motor Traders' Association. The theme of the show is “Future on Wheels”. Concept Vehicles, Replica Vehicles, Motor Racing (Eg. Formula 1) Replicas will be on.

Senok Automobiles (Pvt) Ltd - Audi, Volkswagen, Subaru

Stafford Motors - Honda

Prestige Automobile - BMW

Hyundai Lanka Ltd

UM - Mitsubishi, Perodua, TVS

Swedish Trading - Volvo, Proton

General Sales Co - Mahindra & Mahindra

Sathosa Motors - Isuzu, Opel

Uniwalkers - Daihatsu

DPM - Ford, Chery, Bajaj

A*W - Renault, Nissan, Suzuki, Yamaha, Maruti, Eicher

Car Mart - Peugeot, Mazda

Toyota Lanka

Frontier Automotive - Land Rover, Range Rover

Car Plan - Kia will participate in the event.

Very poor advertising. Hardly people heard abt the event. :unsure:

I wonder how auto dealerships can afford to attend multiple motorshows in one year... car sales might not be that bad after all :)

Why do you say that? They'll have the cost of constructing the stall, and staffing, but thats it. Cars will be in stock stuff and the participation is probably invite. No organiser is gonna be nuts enough to expect the dealers to pay to display.

Why do you say that? They'll have the cost of constructing the stall, and staffing, but thats it. Cars will be in stock stuff and the participation is probably invite. No organiser is gonna be nuts enough to expect the dealers to pay to display.

Well every person(agent) exhibiting has to pay for the stall. But one must remember that not much of the Local Agents for car makes took part in the FP Motorshow.

Well I agree with Ash on advertising, but what the ppl say is that it'll be better organized in other areas since Nimal W of M*t*rM*g is organising the event.

Small Question ash, I see no D*m*?

Small Question ash, I see no D*m*?

No Fiat, Porsche and Jag too!? I'm quite vary about this concept car thing........ I can't see our agents going through all that trouble in this economic climate. Eventhough it would be great if they did.

Peri

I'm not 100% sure on this...but i think there's an admission fee involved... At least that was the case for FP show...

I think that's how you get the place and space you want...

"No organiser is gonna be nuts enough to expect the dealers to pay to display."

well why not. The brands are getting huge exposure and thousands of people get to see the cars first hand rather than through typical advertising. IMHO this is a much better investment for an auto brand...

Peri

I'm not 100% sure on this...but i think there's an admission fee involved... At least that was the case for FP show...

I think that's how you get the place and space you want...

"No organiser is gonna be nuts enough to expect the dealers to pay to display."

well why not. The brands are getting huge exposure and thousands of people get to see the cars first hand rather than through typical advertising. IMHO this is a much better investment for an auto brand...

Actually, that does make sense. Works both ways tho. The dealers also know that the show will not draw so many people if they don't participate. Probably why the inquiries on the premium brands not showing come up. The target audience wouldn't be the masses expected, I suppose.

Actually, that does make sense. Works both ways tho. The dealers also know that the show will not draw so many people if they don't participate. Probably why the inquiries on the premium brands not showing come up. The target audience wouldn't be the masses expected, I suppose.

target audience is quite varied in sl IMHO... you see mudalali buggers also in posh cars and not only the usual rich buggers if you know what i mean.

I guess the public opinion of cars also help to push cars into a certain level...

If all think a certain car is great and the other not so...even when logic says otherwise the car market automatically adjusts to that..

classic example is Toyotas :) People have brought that brand to such a level that's the only "car" brand to certain people...

Interesting stuff to chat about :)