• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Over Promise And Under Deliver

DCL

Hi All,

As most of your knw Iwas trying to Bring down a Vehicle for my moms permit.You might surprise to here that Still I havn't got it. 1st they said it'l be end on October,Then November? Now they say it might be January, What the hell? :jumping-smiley-013:

I was flattered to heard that Toyot* is the one who invented the JIT (Just in Time) so they can do production in more faster & efficient way.Guess that isn't fast enough to give a customer a car @ least in 4 months. :angry-smiley-048:

Guys imagine, If I don't have a permit & have enough money to buy new vehicle with all tax , will I wait for 4 months or go for recondition one where you can buy one with in hours time.No wonder there's more recondition vehicles in SL more than brand new ones. :angry:

Since the Budget changes will be effected on Jan 1st pls can some one tell me what will be the impact on the price of the imported vehicle through permit.When I spoke to Toyot* Lan*a they said it wont be effecting to my vehicle.Can some one confirm this?

Thanks,

DCL :ninja:

Hi DCL,

Since you have paid your money to Toyota Lanka and completed the deal, you have a binding contract with them for the delivery of goods on the agreed price. What you could have done is get them to agree on a time line and a penalty clause to indicate what would happen if they cannot meet that time line.

The delay I assume is caused by Toyota Lanka having to import new vehicles in for the permits, as they cannot provide you a vehicle already with them, as they would have paid full duty on them,

Regards,

The Don

Guys imagine, If I don't have a permit & have enough money to buy new vehicle with all tax , will I wait for 4 months or go for recondition one where you can buy one with in hours time.No wonder there's more recondition vehicles in SL more than brand new ones. :angry:

there are more recons in the market due to the fact that they are lot cheaper than the brandnew one not because of the wait time. our resident 'guerrilla marketer' waited for good couple of years before he settled down.

i guess you've only paid the CIF value to TL. if so you have to bear the burden of the new taxes/duty. taking the current situation of the country in to consideration i doubt TL must have asked for a round figure months before paying the import duty.

Edited by xXx

Hi DCL,

Since you have paid your money to Toyota Lanka and completed the deal, you have a binding contract with them for the delivery of goods on the agreed price. What you could have done is get them to agree on a time line and a penalty clause to indicate what would happen if they cannot meet that time line.

Regards,

The Don

Don, DCL will have to pay according to the taxes that applies when the vehicle is cleared from the port- meaning he will be affected by tax increments. Even the ordered Mitsubishi's have not arrived yet. Apparently the vehicle carrying ships (Ro-Ros) are all booked till mid next year with these permit vehicles.

Don, DCL will have to pay according to the taxes that applies when the vehicle is cleared from the port- meaning he will be affected by tax increments. Even the ordered Mitsubishi's have not arrived yet. Apparently the vehicle carrying ships (Ro-Ros) are all booked till mid next year with these permit vehicles.

That really sucks, I thought the agents gave you an all inclusive price at the time of taking the order .......

Toyota Lanka is having issues in delivering vehicles for permit holders, even the rest of the agents must be having the same issues. One of my friends in office was told that he will get his Corolla ordered for the permit next March & later they advised it will be given in end Jan.

For the vehicles imported under permits the LC's were opened seperately & they cannot offer vehicles in stock.

does this mean there will be many ship loads of cars on SL roads by mid next year....? wow... does it mean many SL motorists will have access to these permits....? I cannot imagine the chaos SL will be in towards the end of 2008.... :alc:

Edited by viking

does this mean there will be many ship loads of cars on SL roads by mid next year....? wow... does it mean many SL motorists will have access to these permits....? I cannot imagine the chaos SL will be in towards the end of 2008.... :alc:

Different layers of government servants are already qualified for permits that's the reason for these imports. By the end 1st quater of next year most of the shipments will arrive to SL. Saw a heap of Corolla's & Yaris vehicles being driven from the port a week back.

Looks like it’s going to be even worse driving on the roads next year….too many cars – same roads with worsen conditions and a heap load of moronic driver ( No offence meant to any 1 here just the blooming 3 wheelers and busses etc.. yes car drivers as well)

WOW…. Just great…………

Hey Guys ,

Thanks for the info.But one thing I dont understand is if I'm been affected to the new Tax revision Y the hell TL is keep saying that my price wont be changed? :jumping-smiley-013:

Will they say in the last minute "sorry sir, due to the Tax Revised by government you have to pay this much more?" Which is I might don't have enough time to find (depends on the amount).

To be honest guys I expect much more from TL.

One other thing my moms permit will be expired on Dec 30th, which causing my mom to go to the ministry & renew it again. I dont knw what will be the procedure for that.:violent-smiley-099:

Hey!! but end of the day I think still it worth it ha? :rolleyes:

Thanks,

DCL

Hi DCL,

Wonder how TL can promise that taxes will not affect you... Govt can at any time impose whatever they like.... believe the permit ones above 1.6l were suddenly taxed quite a few bucks extra....

Better have some extra cash ready in any case.... we've used three permits todate, during past 10 years, and in all three endedup paying more.....

As far as i know, most of the agents have messed up the promised deadlines with this permit shipments... (those who didn't, never got any orders!!! :angry-smiley-048: )

TL was probably the saddest story...... so much demand for the 141 Corolla.... and they couldn't give the worldwide launch date... blah! blah!.... and the other fellows benefitted!! :violent-smiley-099:

Witth regard to extending permits, my understanding is U don't have to, if the LC is already opened.... but plese double check as I may be wrong.....

Hi DCL,

Wonder how TL can promise that taxes will not affect you... Govt can at any time impose whatever they like.... believe the permit ones above 1.6l were suddenly taxed quite a few bucks extra....

Better have some extra cash ready in any case.... we've used three permits todate, during past 10 years, and in all three endedup paying more.....

As far as i know, most of the agents have messed up the promised deadlines with this permit shipments... (those who didn't, never got any orders!!! :angry-smiley-048: )

TL was probably the saddest story...... so much demand for the 141 Corolla.... and they couldn't give the worldwide launch date... blah! blah!.... and the other fellows benefitted!! :violent-smiley-099:

Witth regard to extending permits, my understanding is U don't have to, if the LC is already opened.... but plese double check as I may be wrong.....

Hi Seeker,

Thx for the info bro.But the thing is I just had a conversation with the mkting guy @ TL who handled my order, again he confirmed there's no revision in the price they quoted earlier, if so they will advice me.

But I also give a call to TL Customer service Dept, & ask for the price of the vehicle that I intend to order, they are saying a price more than Rs. 1 lack more,

Is there any possibility that I wont be effected from tax revision , since I already open the LC. :)

Hope government loose the Budget election 19th. :D (yeah I knw me been selfish here)

Thanks,

DCL

I don’t want to sound as a sour Puss ( even if I did – not that I give 2 hoots abt it :violent-smiley-030: ) Can’t quite understand what all the fuss is about – :action-smiley-060:

After all you are getting a car way much cheaper than the average people.

So paying a bit more couldn’t hurt that much ……

Sheekr : as U said U already had 3 permits ….. wOw …… <_<

It’s just silly that one part of the community should be getting all the benefits …… Makes us average guys feel as we are not contributing to the country’s development … paying income tax ect.. :angry-smiley-048:

DCL, if TL claims there wont be an aditional cost, maybe it wouldnt hurt to get it down in writing... dont go demand it, just casually ask them in writing, the status and if there will be a price-hike, which they will also have to reply to in-writting.

then if they try to charge you more, throw the letter in thier face :D

DCL, if TL claims there wont be an aditional cost, maybe it wouldnt hurt to get it down in writing... dont go demand it, just casually ask them in writing, the status and if there will be a price-hike, which they will also have to reply to in-writting.

then if they try to charge you more, throw the letter in thier face :D

thx for the advice bro, but I really doubt that they are going to do that, coz they are professional in what they do right? & in the quotation it self say that this might be change if the government change the tax procedure. :action-smiley-060:

Mazadaspeed,

Dont get offended bro,life isnt fare for every one.You might dont get a tax free permit but who knws you might get something better ;)

other point is my mom isnt a big shot in her dept, so we are also avg people, :rolleyes: dont knw abt you, in my life Rs.100000/= means a lot.

Thanks for the info.But one thing I dont understand is if I'm been affected to the new Tax revision Y the hell TL is keep saying that my price wont be changed? :jumping-smiley-013:

when you say 'price' did they quote you a final figure including import duty or is it just the CIF value in rupees. if its the latter one then you do have to burden the new tax hike.

as someone said earlier i doubt the new imports will make that much of a difference to the traffic problem. this is not the first time a government is issuing permits. plus its not as if these vehicles are cheap. average man will still struggle to afford a new set of wheels.

when you say 'price' did they quote you a final figure including import duty or is it just the CIF value in rupees. if its the latter one then you do have to burden the new tax hike.

as someone said earlier i doubt the new imports will make that much of a difference to the traffic problem. this is not the first time a government is issuing permits. plus its not as if these vehicles are cheap. average man will still struggle to afford a new set of wheels.

yep . It's says the total amount.it's shows the CIF+TL Commission+Duty.I tried to send them a mail from there web site , to get a written confirmation but must be something wrong with there web it's didnt work. :angry-smiley-048:

thx for the advice bro, but I really doubt that they are going to do that, coz they are professional in what they do right? & in the quotation it self say that this might be change if the government change the tax procedure. :action-smiley-060:

if the quotations says that then i guess you'll have no other choice but to cough up the extra cash in the event of a price hike. only hope is if the car is cleared before the pric hike is implemented.

if the quotations says that then i guess you'll have no other choice but to cough up the extra cash in the event of a price hike. only hope is if the car is cleared before the pric hike is implemented.

ya bro keeping my fingers cross until then. :unsure: