• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Ek3

Dodge

Hi Guys,

Hope you can remember the chat we had about Subaru cars. The data you added was really helpful and finally I change my mind to hunt down for a Honda EK3. :rolleyes:

Last two weeks I went to see several EK3. The price varies from 1.4M ( YOM 1997) to 2.0M (YOM 2000) and most of them had over 100k on the clock. I did not find Vtec cars at all. Can you guys tell me few tips to check the quality of these cars? And kindly tell me the average price that I should pay for an EK3. I want to compromise between price and quality. Coz my budget is around 1.6M.

Meanwhile I found 1999 Mitsubishi CK2 Mirage (Auto) for a reasonable price. Does CK2 give same driving experience as EK3?

Thanks !!!

Dodge

Edited by Dodge

The data you added was really helpful and finally I change my mind to hunt down for a Honda EK3.

Glad to hear your thinking bout the civics bro...

well, the prices you mentioned are pretty much the going rate these. However, if your particular bout the driving experience, you really need to get your hands on a vtec.

Can you guys tell me few tips to check the quality of these cars

machan, thats a pretty broad area you're asking us to cover...

Coz my budget is around 1.6M.

pretty sure you can get a good quality 98 yom for that.

Can't comment on the mirage vs. ek3 cos ii've never driven the mirage.

I'm gonna give you one piece of advise. If you care at all about the driving experience, find a manual. I'd also suggest an old BMW, but thats OT.

Agreed!! BMW is an excellent car to drive. With my personal experience (one of my friend has 17- BMW) it is not that wise idea to buy an old one.

Edited by Dodge

Hey dodge, how do u know these cars what u saw are non v-tech? cos from 98 onwards Honda engines does not mention v-tech on the engine.

If u have the budget i would suggest u go for a honda rather than a Mirage cos hondas have a much better resell value than mirage... And u cannot match a Honda’s driving experience...

As for the manual gear... i like the MULTIMATICS over manuals b'cos they give a very smooth drive and good response plus fuel economy.. Good luck...

Hey dodge, how do u know these cars what u saw are non v-tech? cos from 98 onwards Honda engines does not mention v-tech on the engine.

If u have the budget i would suggest u go for a honda rather than a Mirage cos hondas have a much better resell value than mirage... And u cannot match a Honda’s driving experience...

As for the manual gear... i like the MULTIMATICS over manuals b'cos they give a very smooth drive and good response plus fuel economy.. Good luck...

Oh man is it ??? :unsure: Well I asked from owner or just check for the bacth.

Edited by Dodge

cos from 98 onwards Honda engines does not mention v-tech on the engine.

you'll have to check for the solenoids to make sure it's a vtec

As for the manual gear... i like the MULTIMATICS over manuals b'cos they give a very smooth drive and good response plus fuel economy..

DUDE!!! smooth drive, yes. Good response???? No offence bro. The multimatic is much much better than the standard auto box, but you prolly haven't driven a civic with a vtec tranny... cos the manual is way more responsive. and yes, the multimatic does come with 'econ' mode, but I don't think is more economical than the manual. Similar at best.

Hi Guys,

Hope you can remember the chat we had about Subaru cars. The data you added was really helpful and finally I change my mind to hunt down for a Honda EK3. :rolleyes:

Last two weeks I went to see several EK3. The price varies from 1.4M ( YOM 1997) to 2.0M (YOM 2000) and most of them had over 100k on the clock. I did not find Vtec cars at all. Can you guys tell me few tips to check the quality of these cars? And kindly tell me the average price that I should pay for an EK3. I want to compromise between price and quality. Coz my budget is around 1.6M.

Meanwhile I found 1999 Mitsubishi CK2 Mirage (Auto) for a reasonable price. Does CK2 give same driving experience as EK3?

Thanks !!!

Dodge

Hi,

Man Honda's are a piece of crap. Don't go for a s**t like that. Even Nissan N16 is better than Honda EK3. :action-smiley-060:

But as long as there are stupid a** h**** in Sri Lanka like some of the members in AL, who thinks that Honda is the greatest car ever build you'll get some resale value. Other than that you'll get nothing. :angry-smiley-048:

Go for a good decent car within your budget.

Good Luck.

Edited by Pericles
Language

Hi,

Man Honda's are a piece of crap. Don't go for a s**t like that. Even Nissan N16 is better than Honda EK3. :action-smiley-060:

But as long as there are stupid ass holes in Sri Lanka like some of the members in AL, who thinks that Honda is the greatest car ever build you'll get some resale value. Other than that you'll get nothing. :angry-smiley-048:

Good Luck.

Whoa...!! An Ice breaker...!!

Dude, I have used both Nissan and Honda. I'm not implying that Honda is the best car ever built... but it is A WHOLE LOT BETTER than Nissan..!

Hi Guys,

Thanks !!!

Dodge

1.6 mill will get you a '95 Subaru legacy RS.... 'nuff said

Hi,

But as long as there are stupid ass holes in Sri Lanka like some of the members in AL, who thinks that Honda is the greatest car ever build you'll get some resale value. Other than that you'll get nothing. :angry-smiley-048:

Good Luck.

N16 is better at what my vocal friend? :)

Performance? Better Driving Experience? Better Economy? Better comfort?

Honda is defa not the greatest car ever...not even close... But i'm baffled at how a "square" car like the N16 is better over it :)

Edited by Ripper

N16 is better at what my vocal friend? :)

Performance? Better Driving Experience? Better Economy? Better comfort?

Honda is defa not the greatest car ever...not even close... But i'm baffled at how a "square" car like the N16 is better over it :)

Better in Everything. They r more economical, more comfort, and you'll get a good driving experience. Of cause you can't drive it like a maniac. Remember guys Nissan N16 is a gentleman’s car, a gentleman’s car.

And remember I said "Even N16 is better than Honda" :action-smiley-060: . There are lot of cars which were better than Honda shit.

Man Honda's are a piece of crap. Don't go for a s**t like that. Even Nissan N16 is better than Honda EK3.

But as long as there are stupid ass holes in Sri Lanka like some of the members in AL, who thinks that Honda is the greatest car ever build you'll get some resale value. Other than that you'll get nothing.

Better in Everything. They r more economical, more comfort, and you'll get a good driving experience. Of cause you can't drive it like a maniac. Remember guys Nissan N16 is a gentleman’s car, a gentleman’s car.

And remember I said "Even N16 is better than Honda" :action-smiley-060: . There are lot of cars which were better than Honda shit.

Do you wear your high heels when you drive the n16? or just flats?

voicing an opinion is one thing bro... forcing your ignorance on the rest of the forum is stupidity... No one on this thread is claiming hondas to be gods-gift to the automotive world... but guess as long as there are intelligent 'gentleman' like you in here, they will be percieved as such.

It's true that I don't have much experience with Honda..But I have enough experience with N16. May be N16 is good for a gentalmen of age 50-60.

mate... there's no thing called a "gentaleman's" car... Even you gentle N16 can be driven by and idiotic maniac...

It's the driver that can be a gentleman and not the car... that's bad judgement...

Just because some honda boys drive like morons doesn't make all of em morons...

N16 is not a bad but in no means a great car either...

I've only been in a 2 N16's so far and as far as driving experience goes...it's pretty boring to me. And it's no where near a Vi-RS or even a decent ES...

The suspension is pretty soft and handling is not on par with the honda's...

If i had to make a call between the two cars i'll go for the Honda hands down...but that's just me. I haven't driven all the honda's and neither have i driven a lot of N16's.... But with what i've come to know far through first hand experience... My money is with for a Honda :)

Find below details about a EK3 for sale. I haven't seen the car yet. Hope to see this tomorrow..

Make : Honda

Model : Civic Ferio

Model no : EK3

YOM : 1997

Full Option

1500CC

ABS + duel Air Bags

AC with Climate control

Multimatic Gear Box

14" Alloys with new low profile tires

Lip kit - front rear

Spoiler

Fog lamps

Security System

CD player

Multimatic is a Honda technology. Apart from agents can we find good people who knows how to repair these systems?

http://asia.vtec.net/article/DriveMMT/

Edited by Dodge

Don't see why you bother replying to the obviously inflammatory after the first reply. Thats a dead horse my friends. And boys, pls remember to compare models to models, not models to brands or brands to brands, coz thats pointless.

I'd agree that there are plenty of better cars than the civic. That list does not include the N16. I'll even agree the prices stay up coz there are plenty of people who catch on to phrases and think the Civic is some kinda sports car as long as it has vtec. Let me quote from another forum. Local forum, by the way.

I hope you are not talking about the civic that some our people buy and put a exhaust and a spoiler and call it a sports car..

I got this friend, he asked me if I can send him a sports car from Japan.. I asked what he wants (I know he's not gonna buy a peanut), he goes, "HONDA CIVIC MAN!!! A VTEC!!".. I dont think he even knows what a Vtec is..

I know Civic is a good car if you properly mod it.. but not an exhaust and a spoiler..

I think I know that kinda spinning sensation you get when people say things like that. I'm sure a lot of you got it when this guy said the N16 is better. I mean, I'd go with a N16 over the Civic on the basis I don't like the image that Civic drivers have (IMHO), but in no way, shape or form am I gonna say something as utterly ridiculous as the N16 is a better driving experience than a Civic. Thats like saying an exi is better than mine ;)

I still cant understand why everyone draws comparison with N16's when it comes to Nissans!!! Its the worst example for a brand known for producing some great cars!

The Civic was a great car.. highly tunable upto the 2000 models. Thereafter the company decided to shift its market positioning. Now there is clear gap between Honda performance models and the Economy ones.. Honda owners need to realize this. Its a fact of life lol

mmmm i thought of changing to an exclusive gentlemens car n16 i know praveen n ashan n devinda is gonna definitly buy me an fairlady eng cnvertion(as good mates) to it n then i can kick sm ass with it to my poor old ek hatch coming up with the chang's ITR engine..anyway at least the 50-60 yr old hot chicks will look at it n smile ..sayn ooh what a sexy n16...so fast so sleek..

Edited by RACERSEDGE