• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cleaning Headlamps (only For Plastic Lens Covers)

Ruslan

Are you experiencing yellowish dull colored Headlamps? Here’s the Solution which is Simple, Easy and “Cheap”. What you just need is,

• 1 Bottle of Brasso (Small Bottle would be enough).

• Cleaning clothes. (For wiping purposes).

Get one of those cleaning Clothes. And pour Brasso into it. Just wipe through the headlamp up to 20-30 mins. Don’t let brasso to dry on headlamp lens cover. When cloth is getting dry add more brasso to the cleaning cloth and wipe again, Hard as you can. After 20-30 mins of wiping, just let it to dry and move to the next lamp. Let both lamps to dry and after 5 mins of drying just wipe all the brasso left on Lens cover using a new cleaning cloth. Experience the difference. I have done this to my Corollas (121) Headlamps and now they look like new lamps. Worth a try guys. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruslan

Even cheaper Tooth Paste-which is also finer so a better finish-apply with slightly damp cloth-buff in a circular motion and wipe off with damp cloth.

Maithri

I've tested the toothpaste method too.. but it's not effective as Brasso (Which is a proven compound). :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Ruslan

Are you experiencing yellowish dull colored Headlamps? Here’s the Solution which is Simple, Easy and “Cheap”. What you just need is,

• 1 Bottle of Brasso (Small Bottle would be enough).

• Cleaning clothes. (For wiping purposes).

Get one of those cleaning Clothes. And pour Brasso into it. Just wipe through the headlamp up to 20-30 mins. Don’t let brasso to dry on headlamp lens cover. When cloth is getting dry add more brasso to the cleaning cloth and wipe again, Hard as you can. After 20-30 mins of wiping, just let it to dry and move to the next lamp. Let both lamps to dry and after 5 mins of drying just wipe all the brasso left on Lens cover using a new cleaning cloth. Experience the difference. I have done this to my Corollas (121) Headlamps and now they look like new lamps. Worth a try guys. :rolleyes:

Thx this is really interesting, i will also give a try? This to do on headlights outside surface right? I though yellowish color happens from inside lamp. Also how much will that 3M solution cost?

Edited by lasa