• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cmsc-auto Cross @ Waters Edge 07

miniace

As usual 'Seray' was up for a challenge and props to him, but to be fair to the GT boys it was a really bad course - the ruts/ditches were huge and the faster cars visibly had to back off in places to make sure they didn't break suspensions. At least 3 Evos broke bumpers and lips and those cars had no business being on an obstacle course that was better suited for the 4WD club event next weekend. Sad show by the oldest club in the island.

If only the FIA knew what their local affiliate was subjecting participants to........

As usual 'Seray' was up for a challenge and props to him, but to be fair to the GT boys it was a really bad course - the ruts/ditches were huge and the faster cars visibly had to back off in places to make sure they didn't break suspensions. At least 3 Evos broke bumpers and lips and those cars had no business being on an obstacle course that was better suited for the 4WD club event next weekend. Sad show by the oldest club in the island.

If only the FIA knew what their local affiliate was subjecting participants to........

I dont think dissing any club is the way to go, i think mainly due to current situation in the country locations for racing is very limited. And as a driver when you enter a race even though you dont hope for the worst sometimes we have to deal with damage to our cars which in return damages our wallets. but thats a risk most of us our willing to take. Last year when i took part in the same event both my bumpers in the impul were on the ground but thats not the clubs fault. this is sri lanka we dont have purpose built racing tracks with asphalt and smooth loose gravel to race on and the only place we have we cannot race due to political issues and the security situation.

Even the clubs that organize the infamous rallies conduct them on local roads which to be frank i think is quite worse, however the competitors do prepair for them. this is just my opinion feel free to contradict.

I beg to differ with your statement, I quote " if only the FIA knew what their local affiliate was subjecting participants to " i really doubt CMSC forced anyone to take part in this event and almost all competitors would have entered based on there own judgments and if any competitor felt the track was not upto standard then they shoudlnt have driven, i know i wouldnt. so like i said before it aint the clubs fault.

The racing in this country has taken a serious nose dive and very few clubs are promoting motor sport and organising events, i think as motorsport fans we should encourage the clubs that do organise events. And if anyone does see an area where a club can improve i think the most appropriate way for improvement would be to write a letter to the club by giving suggestions rather than tarnishing their reputations on public forums. And i m not talking about CMSC i m talking in general with relevance to all the reputed motor sport clubs in SL.

Infact KLM, Mahinda Premarathnes Evo 9 GT sustained a bit of more Damage when he punctured his oil cooler and he could not run the Second Lap. Nishan also had a Small dent to his intercooler and didnt want to run the 2nd Lap.

I was just sad to see Nishans Well Kept Evo loosing its front lip. Any way racing is that i suppose. Well Done Upulwan Serasinghe. Well done to all the other drivers too.

Mini thanks for the Picture of Mahindas Evo 9. Do you have more pics of it.

That car belongs to mario dias right?? :D

Suzuki behind Ajiths is Romanis.Pulsar is Marios.Mario very nearly injured Dinesh D ,Grand Civic, Me... when he tested acceleration in Paddocks. :unsure: Stones ,chips off his wheels flew like bullets towards us. :angry:

MINIACE

Suzuki behind Ajiths is Romanis.Pulsar is Marios.Mario very nearly injured Dinesh D ,Grand Civic, Me... when he tested acceleration in Paddocks. :unsure: Stones ,chips off his wheels flew like bullets towards us. :angry:

MINIACE

hehe.... So how did he do? Must have run in the Supercar event.