• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan March - High Fuel Consumption

Jith P

I am having a Nissan March EFI 1995 model with automatic transmission. It’s a good car but my issue is it's higher fuel consumption. In Colombo i am experiencing as low as 6km per Ltr.

Recently did a tune up from a place @ cotta road but there was no improvement as such.

My questions are,

Is it the normal consumption ? Because some people told me Nissan March is not good in petrol.

Is there a way to improve this ? Is 1.3 engine does better than 990 cc.

I am having a Nissan March EFI 1995 model with automatic transmission. It’s a good car but my issue is it's higher fuel consumption. In Colombo i am experiencing as low as 6km per Ltr.

Recently did a tune up from a place @ cotta road but there was no improvement as such.

My questions are,

Is it the normal consumption ? Because some people told me Nissan March is not good in petrol.

It might have something to do with your driving style, as in do you constantly drive at high revs ?

Else there might be a problem with your oxygen sensors, though on most occasions if you plug the car to an engine diagnostic system, it would have been revealed

I assume that you March is a 1000cc. Yes, the 1000cc Auto March is crap on fuel neither does it perform. We use a 1300cc manual which does about 12-14km/L depending on the situation & also a 1000cc Auto which just clocks about 10km/L & frustrating to drive.

You need to get a proper check-up done with your March since 6km/l is far too low. Have you changed your ATF??

My questions are,

Mate! Few things are possible....there could be minor or an insignificant transmission problem.Incorrect wheel alignment, an improper tune up.Etc etc

After all bad driving is the main culprit for high fuel consumption.

I have a Nissan March K11 YoM 2000 late.

I use it as a second car, it's a bitch to drive.. takes long to pick-up speed. But is ideal for short runs.. and yes, I get only 7 - 8 km/l. it's 1000cc 16 valve twin cam. but I also have fitted 175/65 14 tires.. which also hugs the road a bit. (specified tire size is 155/60 13)

My Mazda does 9.5 km/l and is a 1500cc....

But considering your case, 6 km/l is a bit too low. Get a diagnostics done, and also have you fitted lager tires..?

Friends, Thanks for sharing your experience.

It cannot be due to the driving style because I am a cool driver :rolleyes: ; I am getting around 10 KM with my automatic FB15 under the same conditions.

I have no issue with the pulling power of the car, actually the pulling is better than the FB15. But what I noticed different to FB15 is that engine rev of the march is little advance in the idle.

I am not sure about the tire sizes, it’s with alloys but I will check whether the rim size is different

Friends, Thanks for sharing your experience.

It cannot be due to the driving style because I am a cool driver :rolleyes: ; I am getting around 10 KM with my automatic FB15 under the same conditions.

I have no issue with the pulling power of the car, actually the pulling is better than the FB15. But what I noticed different to FB15 is that engine rev of the march is little advance in the idle.

I am not sure about the tire sizes, it’s with alloys but I will check whether the rim size is different

Are you sure about the pulling been better than the FB15..?? Can't be true....

Even with the Power to weight ratio, FB15 should be faster... unless your March engine has a very high idle speed, which also can cause high fuel consumption..!! think about it..