• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help (service Station Ruined My Car)

big Daddy

Guys,

Yesterday I put my car for a cleanup. I told the mad fellows there not to wash the engine. I left the car and went and came back to collect it in the afternoon. What do you know, the idiots there have washed the engine :angry-smiley-024: . Now I have two problems.

1) My security system is not working - They have removed the battery cable. When the cable is fixed the alarm gets auto armed again. Then the engine does not start and alarm goes off. Some how I manged to disarm the system. Now the security system is not working. Can't even open the doors. I am thinking of taking it to the fellows i bought it from.

2) Second problem is the engine miss. When I acceralate, there is a slight hesitation. But after RPM goes above 2500 this goes away. Again when i take my foot of the accerlator and again give gas, there is the engine miss. From the silencer I hear a strange sound. Kind of like "pof pof". Seems like irregular engine firing noise.

Guys what can i do for this engine miss? :mellow: I was hoping it will go away after sometime. i came to work today and still the miss is there. Appriciate your suggestions. :rolleyes: My car is a FORD Laser 2000 model.

/big Daddy

Guys,

Yesterday I put my car for a cleanup. I told the mad fellows there not to wash the engine. I left the car and went and came back to collect it in the afternoon. What do you know, the idiots there have washed the engine :angry-smiley-024: . Now I have two problems.

1) My security system is not working - They have removed the battery cable. When the cable is fixed the alarm gets auto armed again. Then the engine does not start and alarm goes off. Some how I manged to disarm the system. Now the security system is not working. Can't even open the doors. I am thinking of taking it to the fellows i bought it from.

2) Second problem is the engine miss. When I acceralate, there is a slight hesitation. But after RPM goes above 2500 this goes away. Again when i take my foot of the accerlator and again give gas, there is the engine miss. From the silencer I hear a strange sound. Kind of like "pof pof". Seems like irregular engine firing noise.

Guys what can i do for this engine miss? :mellow: I was hoping it will go away after sometime. i came to work today and still the miss is there. Appriciate your suggestions. :rolleyes: My car is a FORD Laser 2000 model.

/big Daddy

you could check the plugs to see if water has gotten in to them. usually a bust of pressurized air would fix that. else water could have gotten in to your distributor cap.

not sure bout the security system mate. From what I know, a relay for the system is located in the engine bay area. The relay may have shorted out due to the wash. Best to take it to the guys you got it from.

Edited by Arc Angel

Hey Big Daddy,

Don't Worry About the Miss the Puff Puff Sound!!! Answer A) Well water has gone down near to ur Plug Chamber & It would Dry up the water as the engine heats up. If not Answer 2) Ur Distributer caps have got lose, Tighten them!!! Either will solve ur problem.

Don't have any answers for ur Security Alarm Prob though!!!

Cheers!!!

M.I. Shiran

Hey,

Only advise i can give for the security system is get an electricial guy to check it or get the person who fixed it to attend to it.

Water has leaked into the plug chambers which is the reason for the miss. Last time it happed to me, me-self with the help of a friend removed the plug wires & cleaned it up.

Guys,

Yup I am going to take the car to the guys who fixed it. In the instruction manula they talk about how to reset the sensors etc: I tried doing it but nothing happens. I guess those people will know it.

What I am worried about is the engine miss. Then i will do some cleaning as mentioned and see if it will fix. Or else I need to take it to Some expert. Damn those men at the srvice station. I told them not to wash the engine :angry-smiley-024:

Do you think anything serious will be with the engine?

/big Daddy.

Most probably it could be the water inside the plug chambers. Remove the cables and plugs and clean them through. Clean the chambers properly. Start the engine in short bursts will remove any water vapour inside, but don’t over do it. Get your distributor cap cleaned as well.

Nothing serious... Don’t worry.

For the alarm fault take it to the place who fixed your alarm. Could be a short circuit.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am taking the car this afternoon to check the security system. Then i will clean the plugs and see..

/bigDaddy

It very well can be water around spark plugs and distributor. Or even any other electrical sensors, connectors etc.

However if your ignition wires are old and are not very flexible, it is possible to cause damage to them by trying to remove and re-connect. If this happens you will have two issues and will be difficult to figure which one is causing the misfire.

I would suggest just blowing compressed air around spark plugs, distributor and all exposed electrical connectors.

Re: Alarm. almost all systems are different from each other. Original installer or somebody with knowledge on same brand/model will be the solution. You might even need component replacement because water may have got into live circuits and caused damages.

Good luck.

I Usually wash my engine. but nothing happen yet. May be your engine miss from spark plug. Try to clean the engine (remove water from plug sockets blowing pressure air also u have to check plug cable conditions)

Isn't it a normal thing in any service station to wash the engine? Each time i put my wagon to serice they wash it. Is there any risk in it?

Edited by lasa

lasa Posted Today, 07:49 PM

QUOTE(Nilantha @ Dec 13 2007, 11:57 AM)

I Usually wash my engine. but nothing happen yet. May be your engine miss from spark plug. Try to clean the engine (remove water from plug sockets blowing pressure air also u have to check plug cable conditions)

Isn't it a normal thing in any service station to wash the engine? Each time i put my wagon to serice they wash it. Is there any risk in it?

well if ur vehicles is a new vehicles with plenty of electronics to help it go its definetly bad.....theres a solution which is suppose to be put on the engine which will rinse away all the dirt and leave no residue behind.....high preasure + water = ruined engine..

Big Daddy hopefully its just ur plugs ruined....replace them since i dnt see its worth takin a risk in jus cleanin ur old ones and puttin it bk in.....if nt jus take it to a proper dealer who has a proper vehicle checkin equipment and run a diagnostic report....got no clue hw to sought ur alarm out mate..

Most of the new engines have Spark plugs in Tapered seat (Plug in a Deep Grove, and this groove is really sealed off with a rubber cap) and no plug wires no Distributor as well. (The ignition coil On top of the plug) example like in Corolla 121s. so as long as Plug is being covered and there's no Distributor i think its safer to wash those engines. (I'm doing High pressure On my rollas engine.. seems ok no probs at all). but if you wanna wash your engine (Engine with a Distributor and Plug wires) Cover the Distributor cap and other parts (Electric parts such as Fuse boxes and Relays) with polythene. then you'll be safe.. For wet plugs just remove the wire from the plug and clean the inside of it (Plug caps) using a cotton bud and reinstall them (Make sure you do one at a time, in case you don't want your engine to misfire by plugging a wrong wire into wrong plug) . that'll do. you're done. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruslan

Big daddy machan,

just make sure your plug holders free of water and tight. if theres any water left just clean 'em off with cotton bud or.. use some cloth. i don't think your plugs went bad.. i have done this with my bros car.. he accidentally washes off the the engine.. and it started to cough as well.. simply cleaned those plug caps.. and its Done!! B)

Guys,

Yesterday I took the car to the place that fixed the security system. They took out the unit and did something. Now it's working :rolleyes: . Also they said they re-programmed the remote. I only had one remote and asked me to bring the other one so they can do the same. Now the system is working.

Then I took the car to my mechanic. What do you know. There was lot of water in one of the plug chambers. My car does not have a distributor. It has something on top of the spark plugs to send electri pulses (Thats what I think). So if you want to check if there is water, you need to remove all that out. Anyway the mechanic removed everything and cleaned the plugs as well. The plug has got blacked because of the water.

Then when i started there was a slight miss. Then removed the battery cable and left the car for a while. (to reset the computer). Now everythiing is normal. :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot for all the replies and advice given. Appriciate it a lot

/big Daddy