• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Problem

Nitro

Question

I have a Nissan N16 (auto) and it been running without a fuzz for two years now.but recently I'm having this engine problem and it's giving me headaches sine then..issue is like this..engine stops suddenly without a warning and then starts up normally runs smoothly for couple of days and stops again ..(sometimes this happens several times a day)..really appreciate your suggestions on this

Edited by Nitro

10 answers to this question

I have a Nissan N16 (auto) and it been running without a fuzz for two years now.but recently I'm having this engine problem and it's giving me headaches sine then..issue is like this..engine stops suddenly without a warning and then starts up normally runs smoothly for couple of days and stops again ..(sometimes this happens several times a day)..really appreciate your suggestions on this

Hi mate,

Check the batary and alternator :rolleyes:

Hi mate,

Check the batary and alternator :rolleyes:

checked the alternator and battery terminals and they are good..I'm not an expert but I feel that the problem may have something to do with the the fuel system..whats your guys comments ??

Edited by Nitro

Dear Nitro,

Some info from net

* The engine dies (konks) out. (If on railroad tracks get out of car FIRST!)

1.After referring to the VECI label, examine the idle speed.

2.Water or foreign substances may be in the fuel system or the filter is clogged.

3.Are distributor parts dinged or wet?

4.System sensors could be malfunctioning for fuel or emission information system.

5. The emissions system components out of commission.

6.Spark plugs, again, gapped or how are the wires?

7.Sounding like a broken record: there could be vacuum leaks at the carburetor and throttle body, and or intake manifold, vacuum hoses.

* The engine engages but stops immediately.

1.Are there loose or faulty electrical connections at the distributor, coil, or alternator?

2.Fuel or electrical system malfunctioning should be considered.

4.Not enough fuel could be making it to the carburetor or fuel injectors, and one should check the fuel pump.

5.If there is a vacuum leak at the gasket surfaces of the intake manifold, or carburetor and throttle body then 6.one must retighten nuts and bolts tightly, and re-attach or replace vacuum hoses.

Regards,

RUwan

Get all your sensors cleaned n installed.Especialy AF sensor & CA sensor .Use wurth spray it DIY.

MINIACE

Hi Miniace,

Please tell us more details about this. How to do this and where? specially the AF sensor.

Hi Miniace,

Please tell us more details about this. How to do this and where? specially the AF sensor.

Mate its the 'Wurth' spray cleaners.Just release from connections and clean, very simple.AF is Air Flow sensor.

MINIACE

Go for the A*W immediately. They will check about your problem. If you can, go early morning on Saturday. It's the best day to do something with clear @ A*W.

i concur - Saturday mornings are comparitively less busy and your more likely to get just that little extra attention , and the technicians are at ease as well