• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Help Me Choose A Suv From My List

MAS

the price of the forester you mentioned can't be wrong. the sti 7 (02/03) goes for around 3.2-4 mil range. the forester should be in the same region.

also the mazda tribute price you have mentioned is too high. if you look around, you can get one for much cheaper. i saw J reg one for 2.6 mil.

Out of the list the xtrail is quite good with decent 2nd hand value. you can also get a CRV for slightly more than the X-trail...around 3.5-4.2 depending on year and options

Hi,

Your recommendations please (based on reliability, efficiency, maintenance) from the following list. I do not need for off-road. Prices are approximate.

a. 2004 Hyundai Tucson 2.0L (unreg 4.2m)

b. 2001 Suzuki Escudo 2.0L (reg 2.8m)

c. 2001 Mazda Tribute 2.0L (reg 3.2m)

d. 2001 Nissan X-Trail 2.0L (reg 3.3m)

e. 2006 Suzuki SX4 1.5L (not exactly a SUV - unreg 4.0m)

Thanks in advance.

:)

Why do I get this feeling that MAS anyway had a soft spot for the 2wd Tuscan 2l, above others......... :rolleyes:

Why do I get this feeling that MAS anyway had a soft spot for the 2wd Tuscan 2l, above others......... :rolleyes:

You are right !!! I am more inclined towards the Tuscon. :) Cos I feel it is the cheapest (Sri Lankan style) unregistered SUV in the local market.

An unreg Tribute may also be in the same price range but the damn gear stick is not floor based. This is a real turn off for me.

The placement (floor based or mounted in the steering coloumn) of the gear stick shoudn't be a issue in a auto :)

That is correct.

But I use the N position a lot (during stop-n-go traffic) and sometimes I manually switch to the the 2nd gear to overtake quickly ( of course, I take the speed in to consideration when I do this). Doing these things are cumbersome when the stick is positioned on the steering column.