• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buy A Economical Car

shihanc

Question

hey guys.

I need help and ideas from you all.

need a car.should be economical(at least 12Km/ltr).

2door or 4door,it doesn't matter.for hard use.normally I'm traveling 60Km per day.Now i got a FB15 and it cost me 1000bugs per day.(coz of huge traffic at Rajagiriya and Borella and then all the way to JaEla).I'm desperate to buy a Economical car for my use.Suggest me some thing.

Rgdz,

Shihan

thing are same when i import from it from japan(imp in 2004 made in 2001).i had a wide-flat tyres(used to travell on SNOW) and 12-14 fuel efficiency in traffic..but after i repair it from the nissan company they tune it using computers and i think they tune for the best performance...i used to travell far,Nuwara-eliya,Matara ampara like wise...imaging i can race it with any thing(with having 1495cc in my FB15)...pick-up is damn good..but not the fuel efficiency...

no offense mate but i doubt that the agents will tune the car for "performance" especially since we're talking about a family sedan here :)

Agents are supposed to tune the car for factory specs and manufacturer recommended parameters...

For this type of a car the factory specs would be on fuel efficacy etc and not brute performance...

If we're talking about a skyline or summin like that, those cars are designed to have some "attitude" and grunt hence will be tuned as such by the company :)

he he :) cricket club is just 2 mins walk away from office machang :)

few pints of nicely chilled beer and the 4 min walk is good for mind and body both :)

Few pints of beer = 1000 calories

4 min walk = (-500) calories

Net effect = you'll get fat prett fasy :D

j/k

but it'll deffa work wonders for the mind, specially since you need creative inspiration on a daily basis ;)

Edited by Arc Angel

my brother drives a Fb15 manual & he gets 10 -12km/ltr in colombo ( including 1 -2 trips to biyagama ) & have got even 16km/ltr going to anuradhapura

i travel 30KM daily in a corolla and end up pumping only Rs 4K LP gas per month.... buy a decent car and convert it to LP gas... :angry-smiley-048:

i travel 30KM daily in a corolla and end up pumping only Rs 4K LP gas per month.... buy a decent car and convert it to LP gas... :angry-smiley-048:

mate isn't LPG converted cars are a bit more sluggish on acceleration that their petrol counterparts?

but i guess if you're mainly into saving fuel and moolah...this gotta be the best bet :)

mate isn't LPG converted cars are a bit more sluggish on acceleration that their petrol counterparts?

but i guess if you're mainly into saving fuel and moolah...this gotta be the best bet :)

what about the long term impact on the engine? injector trouble? frequent air filter changing cost? is that all for real or just a myth?

what about the long term impact on the engine? injector trouble? frequent air filter changing cost? is that all for real or just a myth?

speaking of air filter changes...i'm changing mine every oil change but i'm using some indonesian or malaysian brand under advice from my mechanic. it's only 750 bucks or something so i thought what the heck... If it helps the car to breather a bit easier :)

Just gonna throw something out to get some comments. What about the Kelissa?

Yes, I've heard many stories about Kelisa manual version doing around 13.5 or above in Colombo and 16 or above for long distance running. I can confirm that in a few weeks time i suppose. Also it is a credible alternative to Alto, Cherry and Trend. I think it looks and feels better than those cars. Also its 1000cc and not 800cc.

My babies a Starlet GT :jumping-smiley-013: Exhilarating....whooooosh 140BHP still it does 12kmpl with High Boost in City traffic.?Awsome ha??Well it only weighs 860kg..The new car manufactures can take that for a lesson!!!!!! :D:D

If you think ur using using high boost in City traffic, either you think somewhere in suburbia is "city" or you have something to learn on how turbo vehicles work. :rolleyes:

hey guys.

I need help and ideas from you all.

need a car.should be economical(at least 12Km/ltr).

2door or 4door,it doesn't matter.for hard use.normally I'm traveling 60Km per day.Now i got a FB15 and it cost me 1000bugs per day.(coz of huge traffic at Rajagiriya and Borella and then all the way to JaEla).I'm desperate to buy a Economical car for my use.Suggest me some thing.

Rgdz,

Shihan

Have you considered a Honda City? I have a 2002 (same model form 2000-2002) VTEC and drive about 80Kms/day. Get 12kmpl in city/traffic & upto 14kmpl outstation. Driving conservatively will get you even more. Not sure of the market price though. The car has been a tank so far.

If you think ur using using high boost in City traffic, either you think somewhere in suburbia is "city" or you have something to learn on how turbo vehicles work. :rolleyes:

Really I have not got much knowledge on Low and high turbo mode. I also wrote to GT forum. But todate no such expert explained properly why GT has Low and High Turbo? Could you please explain I noticed a small lag in turbo when i press LOW mode. When in High activated my baby flies....

Could you please explain in detail for all us juniors......It just that I achive 12kmpl when travelling without LOW button pressed.