• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sprinter Ae 81

Aruna Pradeep

Hi guyz

does any one know about the Sprinter AE 81 model.it seems an advance version of corolla AE 81.seems it is a very rare model but unfortunately or fortunately i had a chance to purchase a 14- Sprinter AE 81 around Rs.4.50.Is this worth.that model seems like a new sports car but dont know why it is not to seen every where like the corolla AE 81.

Glad if there any one who know about this model and share his knowledge and do you think is it good to keep that model or is it better to give up it...

Thanks guyz...

Aruna

Hi guyz

does any one know about the Sprinter AE 81 model.it seems an advance version of corolla AE 81.seems it is a very rare model but unfortunately or fortunately i had a chance to purchase a 14- Sprinter AE 81 around Rs.4.50.Is this worth.that model seems like a new sports car but dont know why it is not to seen every where like the corolla AE 81.

Glad if there any one who know about this model and share his knowledge and do you think is it good to keep that model or is it better to give up it...

Thanks guyz...

Aruna

that's not a bad price providing the car is in decent shape. Normally the usual corolla and the sprinter corolla are slightly different in with all the extra bells and whistles the sprinter version offers. Other than that it's the same generic car...

Not too sure about the ae81 but internationally the ae86 is a sought after car for it's "sporting" abilities and very welcomed rear wheel drive.

Don't think the sprinter ae81 is anywhere near a "new sports car" as you say :)

Since the car is old and will only get older, i think if you can afford to get rid of it and go for a newer car that would be the best bet IMHO...

and also on the other hand...these cars are not too difficult to sell thanks to majority of people seeing toyota's as bullerproof etc etc ETC.

Ii i were you and had the moolah to do it...i'd sell it off and try to go for a newer one :)

good luck and welcome to the forum

that's not a bad price providing the car is in decent shape. Normally the usual corolla and the sprinter corolla are slightly different in with all the extra bells and whistles the sprinter version offers. Other than that it's the same generic car...

Not too sure about the ae81 but internationally the ae86 is a sought after car for it's "sporting" abilities and very welcomed rear wheel drive.

Don't think the sprinter ae81 is anywhere near a "new sports car" as you say :)

Since the car is old and will only get older, i think if you can afford to get rid of it and go for a newer car that would be the best bet IMHO...

and also on the other hand...these cars are not too difficult to sell thanks to majority of people seeing toyota's as bullerproof etc etc ETC.

Ii i were you and had the moolah to do it...i'd sell it off and try to go for a newer one :)

good luck and welcome to the forum

ripper, do you think it's possible that Anura has stumbled across an AE85 or 86, hence the "look" he mentions? wouldnt be TOO Suprised if the seller has mislabeled the car.......

Anura, is there any chance of getting a picture?

Edited by Supra_Natural

ripper, do you think it's possible that Anura has stumbled across an AE85 or 86, hence the "look" he mentions? wouldnt be TOO Suprised if the seller has mislabeled the car.......

Anura, is there any chance of getting a picture?

mate

i've never seen an AE86 here just yet... probably like you say it's due to lack of demand for hatches by our car buyers...

And in terms of mislabling... on the weekend i saw a maruti getting plastered with type R intergra stickers and seat cover and the works... if our fellows thinks their car is inferior the quickest fix is some fancy stickers and labeling etc :)

And on anura's car... think i've seen a corona also with very similar looks...

not bad cars for their age but reliability is questionable since quite possible it would've gone through many owners in it's life time etc etc.

but a well looked after car will see you through many years of service

Thanks guyz.. :rolleyes:

Think I have to keep this car for several time...may be to end of this year...because im getting ready for my wed. :action-smiley-060: so cant spend more on cars these days because have to spend lots on wed needs.... ;)

So thanks for your comments.now i feel little better because of knowing common corolla is compatible for this model so there will be no issue on spare parts.

thanks again and will write again in future.

Aruna

Thanks guyz.. :rolleyes:

Think I have to keep this car for several time...may be to end of this year...because im getting ready for my wed. :action-smiley-060: so cant spend more on cars these days because have to spend lots on wed needs.... ;)

So thanks for your comments.now i feel little better because of knowing common corolla is compatible for this model so there will be no issue on spare parts.

thanks again and will write again in future.

Aruna

hey bro... congrats and good luck with wedding plans...

went through that myself almost 2 years ago :)

Hey Bros..

Need your help again...im little bit confused.Yesterday my father has took that sprinter to our mechanic.he has checked the car and said need to replace the Engine Head.after careful observation he said this.

So guyz do u know a place where i can find a corolla engine head.or is it better to replace the whole engine.one of my pal said once he too had to replace Engine head on his Trad sunny.the head he found was cost Rs.12k but he was able to find a engine for rs.20k.

so guyz it would be a great help if one of you know about the cost and the places...

thanks

Aruna

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes:hey -Aruna- im crazy about this car just because not many e81-e86 lovers know about it__i have dedicated my page at cardomain.com to the e81 sprinter so please visit: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2514519

1. and one thing could send me pictures of ur cars so that i can add them to my site page.

im creating a data base for the sprinter e81 so please help. [email protected]