• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

One Reason For Poor Fuel Consumption

Thanushka

Hi Guys,

This happened to me and a friend of mine, and I though it is worth to post this since I have seen so many people are looking for advice in low fuel consumption.

Last Saturday me and a friend of mine went to a petrol station to get 5 liters of petrol for my friend's bike. We took a 5 liter Lanka Super engine oil can to take petrol. And we filled up saying 5 liters. And the guy in the fuel station did fill up 5 liters. But in the can the fuel volume indicator in the can indicates just about 3.75 liters. We asked from the filling station guy, then he came arguing that there is 5 liters. Then back @ home we measured the volume using measurement glasses and found that there is only around 3.75 liters. Then we have find out that most of the filling stations do this. They pump 2-5 liters or more less depending on the volume you want.

So next time when your looking for ways to increase your fuel consumption my advice is change your regular filling station to a more trustworthy place.

Hi Guys,

This happened to me and a friend of mine, and I though it is worth to post this since I have seen so many people are looking for advice in low fuel consumption.

Last Saturday me and a friend of mine went to a petrol station to get 5 liters of petrol for my friend's bike. We took a 5 liter Lanka Super engine oil can to take petrol. And we filled up saying 5 liters. And the guy in the fuel station did fill up 5 liters. But in the can the fuel volume indicator in the can indicates just about 3.75 liters. We asked from the filling station guy, then he came arguing that there is 5 liters. Then back @ home we measured the volume using measurement glasses and found that there is only around 3.75 liters. Then we have find out that most of the filling stations do this. They pump 2-5 liters or more less depending on the volume you want.

So next time when your looking for ways to increase your fuel consumption my advice is change your regular filling station to a more trustworthy place.

shiiites man that sucks!!!!

how the heck can we know whether these dudes are being dishonest like this :violent-smiley-099:

maybe we should install fuel measuring system thingies in our cars to make sure we get the right amount of gallons we pump :angry-smiley-048:

is there anyway we can take some sorta action on this fuel station in concern???

As a group we're stronger and if one station is doing it, i'm sure it's been done by many since these sorta things catch up very fast.

Is this and IOC joint or a CPC one?

Aas I recall a friend of mine told me that cpc guys audit the pumps and they are 'supposedly' more reliable than IOC. not sure how true this is, but I am quite sure that a lot of sheds are swindling us. Guess the only way to check if the pumps are accurate is to fill up a 5 ltr can or some thing.

anyways, thanks thanushka for brining up the issue.

Edited by Arc Angel

Hi,

Then the answer is to do as Thanushkas friend did and conduct an experiment in our regular filling station to see if we are getting enough petrol for our buck,

And go there prepared with an accurate method of measuring the volume of petrol, and a witness, so they can back you up on to what you observe and then report the station to the authorities and name and shame them on the forum so that other people can see it as well,

We should maintain lists of good stations as well as bad ones,

I propose a find a service option in this forum where garages service stations etc would be listed out and people can leave their feed back or comments with regards to them as well as vote for them (like award it 5 stars if they were extremely happy with the service they got), which will help other members

Regards

The Don

Edited by The Don

Hi Guys,

Thanks for quick replies. As I have founds most of the filling stations are regularly inspected by inspectors. But the unfortunately they didn't find any thing wrong. (I wonder why :rolleyes: ).

Some say couple of thousands will keep the inspectors silent.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for quick replies. As I have founds most of the filling stations are regularly inspected by inspectors. But the unfortunately they didn't find any thing wrong. (I wonder why :rolleyes: ).

Some say couple of thousands will keep the inspectors silent.

call 112 or 119 and make a complain. they will take action.

Hi,

Then the answer is to do as Thanushkas friend did and conduct an experiment in our regular filling station to see if we are getting enough petrol for our buck,

And go there prepared with an accurate method of measuring the volume of petrol, and a witness, so they can back you up on to what you observe and then report the station to the authorities and name and shame them on the forum so that other people can see it as well,

We should maintain lists of good stations as well as bad ones,

I propose a find a service option in this forum where garages service stations etc would be listed out and people can leave their feed back or comments with regards to them as well as vote for them (like award it 5 stars if they were extremely happy with the service they got), which will help other members

Regards

The Don

Good idea, lets ask to make web page attached to Autolanka with listing of names. If it is illegal then can be use the name with star mark insert as admin do now.

Regards,

Ruwan

Odd. Like Thanushka said, there are supposed to be regular visits by inspectors. There used to be during pre-IOC days anyway. I haven't heard of this bribe thing.

Whats the station Thanushka? I get bad enough milage without getting shortchanged at the pump.

call 112 or 119 and make a complain. they will take action.

I don't think the cops will appreciate a call to the Emergency number to report a garage swindling people. Fraud Bureau might be more appropriate. And bribery and corruption commission to follow up why the inspectors haven’t caught it.

I don't fill up at the same station- and so far have avoided IOC like the plague after the alleged Water-in-petrol incident a couple years back.

Its definitely easy to skim off the top, especially when you pump a full tank. I naively continue to fill at Laufgs and CPC stations.

Hopefully someone can spare the time to find out who's playing pucks with the meters...

but 3.75 for 5 litres is about 75%!!!.....in other words if u pump 20 litres u only get about 15!....that's over 600 in rupees ain't it!!! shit damn these morons...

on the same note....a 25% fraud would go noticed right, as in to get 40 L into your tank (for those with 42 L tank capacity) u'll have to pay for about 50+ liters and u know your tank doesn't hold that much....I;m thinking they do us in at much lesser amounts, as in 1 liter for every 10 or so....(still imagine the money they steal!!, with over 1000 of litres going out per day).....

There used to be a time (long time back) when i used to think that crime doesn't pay....so naive of me!!!!

but 3.75 for 5 litres is about 75%!!!.....in other words if u pump 20 litres u only get about 15!....that's over 600 in rupees ain't it!!! shit damn these morons...

on the same note....a 25% fraud would go noticed right, as in to get 40 L into your tank (for those with 42 L tank capacity) u'll have to pay for about 50+ liters and u know your tank doesn't hold that much....I;m thinking they do us in at much lesser amounts, as in 1 liter for every 10 or so....(still imagine the money they steal!!, with over 1000 of litres going out per day).....

There used to be a time (long time back) when i used to think that crime doesn't pay....so naive of me!!!!

Hi One thing that I've notice is that they Pump fuel with air. I think most of you have notice that. When the air goes off you'll end up in a lesser amount.

And I don't think it is good to say the name of the filling station. But for your information it is in Kottawa area.

good informaiton brother

after reading this only i realised i some times pump about more than 40 ltrs, just when the light comes on in my pulsar . i thought the metere is playing socks , looks like it is not the case

i'm going to check on this tommorow itself by taking a can as i pump only from one shed due company has an account .

Edited by MRM

Hi One thing that I've notice is that they Pump fuel with air. I think most of you have notice that. When the air goes off you'll end up in a lesser amount.

And I don't think it is good to say the name of the filling station. But for your information it is in Kottawa area.

I think you should share the name of this filling station with us,

As long as you state your own experience, and only your own experience, specifically state that what you state is a suspicion not fact, and refrain from making derogatory statements against the shed or its staff I think it would be ok.

I think people are free to share their own experiences as long as its done in an objective way and does not reflect badly or brings about complications for the forum and as long as its presented as perspective NOT FACT and only state what happened and not make any allegations, there should not be any issues, legally or otherwise.

Edited by The Don

Hi Guys,

I have noticed the same in a filling station around Kandy ;)

Hay at least name the street where that station is for the referance...............

I think you should share the name of this filling station with us,

As long as you state your own experience, and only your own experience, specifically state that what you state is a suspicion not fact, and refrain from making derogatory statements against the shed or its staff I think it would be ok.

I think people are free to share their own experiences as long as its done in an objective way and does not reflect badly or brings about complications for the forum and as long as its presented as perspective NOT FACT and only state what happened and not make any allegations, there should not be any issues, legally or otherwise.