• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Auto Art

GTAm

Hi Guys,

Thought I'll share this with you.....

Here is a highly talented Sri Lankan Artist Amila who has done well in the UK and has won prestgeous recognition. The good news is that he will be having an exhibition in March 2008 at the Lionel Wednt starting on the 7th. Do check out his impressive web site below and some of his even more impressive drawings.

www.amilaworld.com

interesting - seems well worth a visit

...but i have a feeling we're all gonna need a reminder a tad closer to the event as well :)

Sure, can do as this guy says he would like to meet up with me before the show. Will keep you posted!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Here's the reminder as promised. The Italiam Ambassador will open the exhibition, even if there are more British car darwngs than Italian ones :D . 7th 8th and 9th of March at the Lionel Wednt.

Btw way this guy Amila does these drawing using a ball point pen!!!

bannertl2.jpg

• 3 months later...
hmmm but unlike Amila, this chap seems to be more commercially oriented..

did you notice that $ 1000 price tags?? :blink:

I know....there's no way I'll even consider paying half that. I mean they are really good "illustrations" but not the greatest piece of car art I've seen to command that kind of price. That said they are originals and not prints.

Anyway it's nice to know there are talented Sri Lankans around....