• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Speedometer Sensor Adjustment

Arc Angel

Question

hi guys,

I wanna change the background of my existing instrumentation cluster (not purely for ricey reasons). the existing cluster is kinda dim now and I would like better clarity.

Most of the aftermarket stuff I've seen around has the speedo at 180km/ph. My current speedo goes up to 220 km/ph, so obviously putting the other one in would show an inaccurate speed reading. I've heard that this is driven by a sensor in the gearbox.

if I change my cluster to the 180 km/ph cluster, how can I adjust the speedo to give me an accurate readout?

thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

Most of the aftermarket stuff I've seen around has the speedo at 180km/ph. My current speedo goes up to 220 km/ph, so obviously putting the other one in would show an inaccurate speed reading. I've heard that this is driven by a sensor in the gearbox.

if I change my cluster to the 180 km/ph cluster, how can I adjust the speedo to give me an accurate readout?

Mod's do pardon the cheap plug - i might be over reaching at this point,but i wonder if this be of some use to Arc Angel :unsure: -

http://www.autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=...mp;search=pivot

Mod's do pardon the cheap plug - i might be over reaching at this point,but i wonder if this be of some use to Arc Angel :unsure: -

http://www.autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=...mp;search=pivot

thanks devinda, will call you bro. Need to know if there is some way for me to hook this up to the main analog speedo in the console, or if it works exclusively with the digi meter.