• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

92' Hilux 107 Need Engine Tune Up..but Where?

bhanu128

Question

hi,

My 92' hilux has been blowing some smoke lately and i feel the reduced power as well. So i was thinking maybe a engine tune up would be in oder! now it seems its burning some oil as well. So what would you advice me to do? if engine tune up is inorder where would you recommend i do it?

6 answers to this question

hi,

My 92' hilux has been blowing some smoke lately and i feel the reduced power as well. So i was thinking maybe a engine tune up would be in oder! now it seems its burning some oil as well. So what would you advice me to do? if engine tune up is inorder where would you recommend i do it?

Could also be a blown head gasket, a common problem with that engine.

Take miniaces advice and get the problem checked out immediately

oh, what other problems in 3l that i should look out for?

thanks for the advice all..i think i will get it checked out asap..

Check the oil to see if there is any water in it and check the water to see if there is any oil in it as these are signs of the blown head gasket,

but it could just be the valve seats or the piston rings are worn out letting oil into the combustions chamber which might explain the white smoke and oil burning.