• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dynamat Sound Proofing Deadening

Overdrive

Hi all, does anyone have any experience with Dynamat Sound Proofing/Deadening material. The sound inside the car from the after market exhaust has become really unbearable and changing the exhaust is not an option for me.

I heard about this product on a programme called 'Overhaulin', and i thought i'll look it up and came across them on ebay. But what i want to find out is has anybody got personal experience with the product?? Does it work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/E-Dead-Original-Dyna...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Overdrive

Yup this stuff works pretty well to absorb outside noise and prevent vibration. Two things to remember ... it's heavy and it costs a lot to do the whole interior of the car. They do offer small kits for specific areas where sound absorption/vibration reduction is most wanted but they're usually a pre-cut piece of about 1-2 sq.ft. for places like around the speakers in the doors, front bulkhead, trunk, etc. I've driven in some cars that had the whole interior covered in that stuff and you literally feel like you're in a Mercedes when in reality, you're in a Kia ... lol ... no unwanted noises from vibrations/outside sounds ... just feels well put together ... but, heavy!

Here's a link to a thread where the guy used a different brand (cheaper) for his whole car ... http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483439

Edited by Mean Green z28

Thanks guys. but how much more weight would you reckon for the boot area only, lets say a couple of layers?? i heard tht most subaru's use noise killer here in uk.
I'm sure you can do a search online for the weight of it per square foot area.

Hi all, does anyone have any experience with Dynamat Sound Proofing/Deadening material. The sound inside the car from the after market exhaust has become really unbearable and changing the exhaust is not an option for me.

I heard about this product on a programme called 'Overhaulin', and i thought i'll look it up and came across them on ebay. But what i want to find out is has anybody got personal experience with the product?? Does it work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/E-Dead-Original-Dyna...1QQcmdZViewItem

Was this from the episode where Foose's guys stole Charlie Sheen's buddy's Pontiac Le Mans? I saw that one, and I remember thinking how great Dynamat must be.

Was this from the episode where Foose's guys stole Charlie Sheen's buddy's Pontiac Le Mans? I saw that one, and I remember thinking how great Dynamat must be.

nah mate, this was some chick's 69 pontiac GTO. super programme, this.