• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mighty Mini Blood Donation Drive

GMI

Mighty Mini Club of Sri Lanka organizes a Blood Donation Drive which will start at 8:30am from BRC Grounds, Havelock Road on 10th February – Sunday. There will a Colombo Drive from the Blood Bank after the blood donation campaign. Club Members, AL Members, Mini owners, Mini lovers, Blood donors, and all of you are welcome to join us in this event.

miniace...if u r joining this let me knw..then v will mt up n go...mmmm in the white mini with 7 inch wider rims...the 1 u r waiting to see..ha ha.. GMI mate ..will let u know..

Edited by RACERSEDGE

miniace...if u r joining this let me knw..then v will mt up n go...mmmm in the white mini with 7 inch wider rims...the 1 u r waiting to see..ha ha.. GMI mate ..will let u know..

Yeah its either my new-"All black" or your "My fair lady".Im pressing my painter to take my babe out before 10th.Im in for sure!!

MINIACE

Yeah its either my new-"All black" or your "My fair lady".Im pressing my painter to take my babe out before 10th.Im in for sure!!

MINIACE

Wow… good to see new Minis coming in...… I'm really excited to see RACERSEDGE's White Mini…

Off-white is one of my favorites on Minis..

MiniAce... another black one???

Edited by GMI

Wow… good to see new Minis coming in...… I'm really excited to see RACERSEDGE's White Mini…

Off-white is one of my favorites on Minis..

MiniAce... another black one???

yo GMI mate..its old english white with black hood.mmmm miniace maybe its new owner if he sells his allblack's mini ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

Why you should donate blood?? I have a friend donated blood a record 23 times and he is the most healthiest among all :o !!

Despite all our medical advances, there is still no good man-made substitute for human blood, which is why blood donations are still so important. People donate blood for different reasons – some do it for friends, family members, or even themselves. Others volunteer to help people they don't even know.

Blood is very important in many medical situations such as serious accidents, organ transplants, major surgery and supporting patients with blood-related disease like haemophilia and thalassaemia. Most hospitals and medical centres are always having a shortage of blood due to a lack of donors which often results in delayed surgeries and treatment, which can lead to complications and even death in patients. Just as you would want aid from other in times of emergency, it is important that we help to save the lives of others as well. A small percentage of first time donors may feel a little dizzy while some may get tingling in the lips and nose and chills, but only for a short while.-quote

Be there help a life and to meet the mighty community and see the mighty machines ....

MINIACE

Edited by miniace

Why you should donate blood?? I have a friend donated blood a record 23 times and he is the most healthiest among all :o !!

Despite all our medical advances, there is still no good man-made substitute for human blood, which is why blood donations are still so important. People donate blood for different reasons – some do it for friends, family members, or even themselves. Others volunteer to help people they don't even know.

Blood is very important in many medical situations such as serious accidents, organ transplants, major surgery and supporting patients with blood-related disease like haemophilia and thalassaemia. Most hospitals and medical centres are always having a shortage of blood due to a lack of donors which often results in delayed surgeries and treatment, which can lead to complications and even death in patients. Just as you would want aid from other in times of emergency, it is important that we help to save the lives of others as well. A small percentage of first time donors may feel a little dizzy while some may get tingling in the lips and nose and chills, but only for a short while.-quote

Be there help a life and to meet the mighty community and see the mighty machines ....

MINIACE

other than reasons given above, there is a very significant (selfish) reason for males to give blood.

from what I've been told by people a whole lot smarter than me; Iron is suspected to increase the chances for a heart attack and the male body has no natural mechanism to get rid of iron thru disposing of blood. Therefore donating blood is a healthy and mutually beneficial way of reducing iron from your blood and maybe living longer (if thats your thing).

more reading>

hope the effort was a success!

I am in colombo now and I have already lost a few pints of blood watching how ppl drive :)

MINIACE

man i remember the first time i gave blood.

like a Don i got off the bed despite docs advice to stay there for a while until the body gets used to loosing a pint of blood... and i could only take a few step and Bam...lights out and hit the deck :angry-smiley-048:

Not very funny when regaining your consciousness and having loads of people around you and getting dextrose doses :action-smiley-060:

great cause, will be there for sure.... don't have a mini unfortunately, but MIGHT bring something that runs many of the same mechanicals... A series motor for example..... :D

i know what you are coming in :D is it the yellow one or the red ??

Edited by MRM