• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What To Do With Toyot Yaris Scratch ?

Bandula

Question

Hi My Toyota yaris car got a scratch just below left rear door. No dents. It is about 2mm wide, and 40cm long line. Steel plate not exposed. What should I do. What is the best place to go in Sri Lanka? Please give me contact details. Should I go for scratch touch up or full paint. Car is only three weeks old.

5 answers to this question

When you say the car is 3 weeks old, i'll assume you mean brand new- If you bought the car from Toyota L*nka, they have a grooming service that could include a cut/polish. Else, any reputed detailing centre can help you (as already mentioned)- to add:

Pit St*p

Auto M*raj

Prime A*to

Dr.Pa*nt

good luck

Hi My Toyota yaris car got a scratch just below left rear door. No dents. It is about 2mm wide, and 40cm long line. Steel plate not exposed. What should I do. What is the best place to go in Sri Lanka? Please give me contact details. Should I go for scratch touch up or full paint. Car is only three weeks old.

I've done this with my old car, but I suggest your proceed at your own risk, and if you are not completely sure, just take the advice of other members who have commented on this thread and take the car to a professional.

Wash your car (specifically the door) throughly and let it dry

get yourself some polish or fine rubbing compound (brasso works as well) and apply a small amount to a clean soft cloth (if you have a micro fibre cloth or a sponge might work better) and slowly rub in circular motions over the scratch area applying even pressure on the cloth and the scratch should slowly start to disappear

Afterwards polish out the whole door and apply a coat of wax and the door should be as good as new

The Don