• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hovercraft For Sale!

milindu

Don't know about the big sucker ( the Hovercraft I mean) but theres also a two person one languishing as the armed forces will not give permission to use it ....... :blink:

yeah man that sucks

bikes are limited to 250cc or so for security reasons

sea going boats can't have over 25hp for security reasons

Cant head out before 6am into the seas and if ya returning you gotta come back before 6pm for security reasons

Near my place in wattala...you can't stay on the beach after 6pm cos that's also HSZ... no more fishing by the beach or even near the river mouth...

land like no other :(

yeah man that sucks

bikes are limited to 250cc or so for security reasons

sea going boats can't have over 25hp for security reasons

Cant head out before 6am into the seas and if ya returning you gotta come back before 6pm for security reasons

Near my place in wattala...you can't stay on the beach after 6pm cos that's also HSZ... no more fishing by the beach or even near the river mouth...

land like no other :(

Even a chill time at blue leapord is a crawl to den now :(

Even a chill time at blue leapord is a crawl to den now :(

:( hope we can finish this cursed war for the sake of everybody...

heard the good news that Task Force 01 had captured Vivattankulam... Fall of Adampan will be the next

National Front in Jafna also seems to be taking some baddies out...

little by little SLDF seems to be making their way to their objectives...

Hope politicos also follow suite and get this thing finished for good :)

:( hope we can finish this cursed war for the sake of everybody...

heard the good news that Task Force 01 had captured Vivattankulam... Fall of Adampan will be the next

National Front in Jafna also seems to be taking some baddies out...

little by little SLDF seems to be making their way to their objectives...

Hope politicos also follow suite and get this thing finished for good :)

Don't want to sound pessimistic or even undermine the valiant efforts of our security forces, but one has to understand the nature of the creature we are dealing with here. If the LTTE is put to a seriously difficult position militarily their course of action would be to simply blend in to the population and wage a form of urban gurilla warfare of the likes we see in Iraq.

There is also a possible power vacuum which might be created if the LTTE falls which would lead to anarchy and benefit the above.

Winning the war sadly goes beyond achieving military objectives which is what the SLDF can do, and if their efforts are not backed up a strong political consensus, and a solution which addresses the concerns of the Tamil people, we're simply going to end up with more conflict ....... In the end sadly the whole thing is in the hands of our politicos and I am not sure if they have the will or foresight or infact the incentive (as many have benefited greatly from this war) to really do what it takes to find a solution.

Don't want to sound pessimistic or even undermine the valiant efforts of our security forces, but one has to understand the nature of the creature we are dealing with here. If the LTTE is put to a seriously difficult position militarily their course of action would be to simply blend in to the population and wage a form of urban gurilla warfare of the likes we see in Iraq.

There is also a possible power vacuum which might be created if the LTTE falls which would lead to anarchy and benefit the above.

Winning the war sadly goes beyond achieving military objectives which is what the SLDF can do, and if their efforts are not backed up a strong political consensus, and a solution which addresses the concerns of the Tamil people, we're simply going to end up with more conflict ....... In the end sadly the whole thing is in the hands of our politicos and I am not sure if they have the will or foresight or infact the incentive (as many have benefited greatly from this war) to really do what it takes to find a solution.

agreed mate... sad situ aint it...

but we have no choice but to hope for the best against the odds if we're planning to live in this country and not bugger off somewhere else. :(

agreed mate... sad situ aint it...

but we have no choice but to hope for the best against the odds if we're planning to live in this country and not bugger off somewhere else. :(

Sadly so, even I would love to come and live back home, and under present plans think that is exactly what I would do in a couple of years time, as there is no place like home ..... but I do not know what kind of a country I would return to ........ :(

bit OT but ge a load of this!

This is what a Sri Lankan paper in UK said..

The london based british tamil forum has called for a global boycott of sri lankan airlines as a mark of proest against the president mahinda rajapakse led government's decision to end the nearly six year old ceasefire agreement (CFA) with LTTE.

In the appeal to (who ever who supports the cause) around the world, the forum claimed that £12million in foreign currency earned annually by the airline was being used to reinforce the government's war chest...

In the appeal to (who ever who supports the cause) around the world, the forum claimed that £12million in foreign currency earned annually by the airline was being used to reinforce the government's war chest...

I believe in a sense this is right. As I've reiterated over and over in the other thread this is a war we can't afford and it is draining every single resource we have.

I believe in a sense this is right. As I've reiterated over and over in the other thread this is a war we can't afford and it is draining every single resource we have.

well i disagree mate...

Sri Lankan airlines provides jobs without racial discriminations and it's pathetic to see a set of tamils calling for a boycott based on some stupid love for the ltte...

I'm not whitewashing the government in any means but why don't those folks who want to boycott the national carrier do something positive to force the pol pot up north also to consider a workable solution than to ask for 2/3 coastal area and 1/3 land mass for a uni racial separate state...

whatever said and done ltte messed with the CFA much more times than what the government did... Any right thinking individual should not only push the government and criticize them but also should do the same for the ltte is they are in a position to do so...

Otherwise they are just terrorist sympathizers IMHO

Ripper I wasn't supporting the boycott. All I’m saying is war expenditure is sucking up all streams of revenue available for the government.

Yes the tigers broke all the rules under the sun stated in the CFA, as I’ve said earlier SL government was democratically elected and is recognized by the international community as the sole protector of its people. Where as LTTE is not. Hence the government needs to act more responsibly and keep all of its options open rather than following an extremist path.

What was the motivation behind scrapping the CFA??

Ripper I wasn't supporting the boycott. All I’m saying is war expenditure is sucking up all streams of revenue available for the government.

Yes the tigers broke all the rules under the sun stated in the CFA, as I’ve said earlier SL government was democratically elected and is recognized by the international community as the sole protector of its people. Where as LTTE is not. Hence the government needs to act more responsibly and keep all of its options open rather than following an extremist path.

What was the motivation behind scrapping the CFA??

[Ripper I wasn't supporting the boycott]

dude you said "I believe in a sense this is right." when the talk was about a planned boycott of the national carrier...

Maybe my understanding of the language is off...my apologies for that :)

[All I’m saying is war expenditure is sucking up all streams of revenue available for the government. ]

no ones denying that mate. and you think this is situ would get better by some folks wanting to boycott sri lankan? even if this was to happen you think the government will stop funding the war? If at all some people will loose jobs at sri lankan and their support services and we can expect further taxing and international debts... more burden for all communities...

[Yes the tigers broke all the rules under the sun stated in the CFA]

then why the heck you think these buggers want to boycott sri ankan when government withdrew from the CFA.

and why are you saying such moves are "in a sense this is right"

[Hence the government needs to act more responsibly and keep all of its options open rather than following an extremist path.]

extremism from any side should not be tolerated and would love to see the "extremist" path the government is following like you are claiming here.

I am not a government supporter...i actually hate bloody politicians but it's very easy to find flaws in almost anything than come up with any constructive and positive to help the situ.

As far as i know even now the government has said that there's room for peace talks but under new conditions for the terrorists and not under the older CFA... I think that still leaving some options for peaceful means to address the issue...

And the biggest extremists are the ones who don't tolerate any opponents, wants to carve out a separate state for mono ethnic state...BASED on race.

[What was the motivation behind scrapping the CFA??]

that's a question i have asked many people in defense circles without a solid answer. I personally think we should've held onto cfa just like the tigers did and just carry on with what we were doing :) Remember that CFA was scrapped after the government won the budget...so i don't see why they did it to please the minion extremist parties.

the closest assumption i have is that CFA was scrapped since if we were to go into peace talks with the tigers they would still inherit some of the benefits they initially got with the first CFA which was more beneficial to the tigers especially to canvass their cause internationally etc...

And at the same time...honestly...what was there to be holding onto the CFA?

ltte started their business by going after MI folks, politicians and statesmen, targeted the army commander, defence secretary, cut off water to the farmers etc etc... CFA was long dead before it was officially scrapped...

Those who cry for the dead CFA who now wants to boycott srilankan, wonder where they were when the ltte was blatantly violating it... saying they are terrorists and that's how they behave is not an excuse mate... If that's the case, pointless even having any discussion with those fellas aint it..

What's sad is that a community is willing to boycott srilankan for scrapping the dead cfa but not willing to do anything when children are marched into the battlefield...

Edited by Ripper

[Ripper I wasn't supporting the boycott]

dude you said "I believe in a sense this is right." when the talk was about a planned boycott of the national carrier...

Maybe my understanding of the language is off...my apologies for that :)

[All I’m saying is war expenditure is sucking up all streams of revenue available for the government. ]

no ones denying that mate. and you think this is situ would get better by some folks wanting to boycott sri lankan? even if this was to happen you think the government will stop funding the war? If at all some people will loose jobs at sri lankan and their support services and we can expect further taxing and international debts... more burden for all communities...

[Yes the tigers broke all the rules under the sun stated in the CFA]

then why the heck you think these buggers want to boycott sri ankan when government withdrew from the CFA.

and why are you saying such moves are "in a sense this is right"

[Hence the government needs to act more responsibly and keep all of its options open rather than following an extremist path.]

extremism from any side should not be tolerated and would love to see the "extremist" path the government is following like you are claiming here.

I am not a government supporter...i actually hate bloody politicians but it's very easy to find flaws in almost anything than come up with any constructive and positive to help the situ.

As far as i know even now the government has said that there's room for peace talks but under new conditions for the terrorists and not under the older CFA... I think that still leaving some options for peaceful means to address the issue...

And the biggest extremists are the ones who don't tolerate any opponents, wants to carve out a separate state for mono ethnic state...BASED on race.

[What was the motivation behind scrapping the CFA??]

that's a question i have asked many people in defense circles without a solid answer. I personally think we should've held onto cfa just like the tigers did and just carry on with what we were doing :) Remember that CFA was scrapped after the government won the budget...so i don't see why they did it to please the minion extremist parties.

the closest assumption i have is that CFA was scrapped since if we were to go into peace talks with the tigers they would still inherit some of the benefits they initially got with the first CFA which was more beneficial to the tigers especially to canvass their cause internationally etc...

And at the same time...honestly...what was there to be holding onto the CFA?

ltte started their business by going after MI folks, politicians and statesmen, targeted the army commander, defence secretary, cut off water to the farmers etc etc... CFA was long dead before it was officially scrapped...

Those who cry for the dead CFA who now wants to boycott srilankan, wonder where they were when the ltte was blatantly violating it... saying they are terrorists and that's how they behave is not an excuse mate... If that's the case, pointless even having any discussion with those fellas aint it..

What's sad is that a community is willing to boycott srilankan for scrapping the dead cfa but not willing to do anything when children are marched into the battlefield...

dude ripper you shheck out what they say about this whole LTTE business in the British Parliment, ah makes me sick sometimes.

try and watch all the related video's.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...m=0&spell=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fylRQhIPyaQ

Edited by Overdrive

dude ripper you shheck out what they say about this whole LTTE business in the British Parliment, ah makes me sick sometimes.

try and watch all the related video's.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...m=0&spell=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fylRQhIPyaQ

thanks for the links mate :)

but i rather not machang... pointless burning ya blood cos there's very little an individual can do to make a change as pathetic as that sounds :action-smiley-060:

just went through ma posts on this thread and was thinking what's the point... no more political stuff for me mate... i'm out <_<

lets talk about gaming on the other thread or the usual car stuff :)

i shall keep the defense related stuff limited to those defense blogs like defencenet and defencewire :)

Ripepr there’s nothing wrong with your english mate. If you look at my post I only quoted the bit that says the profits are used to fund the war. By saying ‘in a sense I agree’ I was refereeing to the statment about funding the war on Sri Lankan air lines profits. Not about boycotting the airline all together.

My bad for not paying attention to detail. This was the same mistake I made in the other thread about dropping every single bomb on the enemies head. All I want to say was every single bomb cost a lot of money. An mount neither we have nor can afford.

The Hovercraft(White Elephant) is a pathetic remanant of our greedy politicians misdeeds. Who is going to explain to the starving poor of our country that this much money was squandered by someone for no real reason. We could have built hospitals etc. with this money instead of lining a greedy thief's pocket. There is no need for one of these anywhere now so very un likely it will be sold-so the best thing to do is start it up and take it to the thieving muppets residence and park it there-he/she can deal with it. Rest of us gather and have a good laugh(cry) and throw darts at the rubber apron to practice for the world darts championship!

The tamil speaking Sri Lankans who live in the west etc. travel via Sri Lankan due to convenience as the flight is faster without stopovers in annoying air ports where your lack of language skills become a real problem. I have however observed a marked lack of respect and shoddy treatment directed towards them from our staff in the air craft. Given an alternative direct flight I am sure they will not suffer the indignity of being treated like dirt whilst the fairer skinned europeans get the red carpet.

I know this is not a war point-just commercial suicide the day peace arrives and another airline decides to fly to SL

Any thoughts from others who fly our national carrier?

Maithri.

The Hovercraft(White Elephant) is a pathetic remanant of our greedy politicians misdeeds. Who is going to explain to the starving poor of our country that this much money was squandered by someone for no real reason. We could have built hospitals etc. with this money instead of lining a greedy thief's pocket. There is no need for one of these anywhere now so very un likely it will be sold-so the best thing to do is start it up and take it to the thieving muppets residence and park it there-he/she can deal with it. Rest of us gather and have a good laugh(cry) and throw darts at the rubber apron to practice for the world darts championship!

The tamil speaking Sri Lankans who live in the west etc. travel via Sri Lankan due to convenience as the flight is faster without stopovers in annoying air ports where your lack of language skills become a real problem. I have however observed a marked lack of respect and shoddy treatment directed towards them from our staff in the air craft. Given an alternative direct flight I am sure they will not suffer the indignity of being treated like dirt whilst the fairer skinned europeans get the red carpet.

I know this is not a war point-just commercial suicide the day peace arrives and another airline decides to fly to SL

Any thoughts from others who fly our national carrier?

Maithri.

totally with you on the lack of decent treatment by the cabin crew to fellow lankans while they love to suck upto the white skinned fellas...

i have a few bad experiences with srilankan crew so when i have the choice, i rather fly another airline... but it's a decision i don't enjoy taking :(

• 1 year later...
of all the strange things one sees around Colombo...

There is a white HOVERCRAFT (be it a small one) on a trailer on the road adjoining the Gangaramaya Temple which leads to Mobitel / DFCC ! :o

must be one of those millionaire toys! :)

must be one of those millionaire toys! :)

it does a little bit like someones plaything of sorts :lol: but who's exactly is more the question? :huh:

its got some kinda body work in white (firebreglass maybe) and some of that forms a surround for the big rotor/fan contraption out back :blink: