• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Club

pradfred

nice pics what phone you using mate? that RX-8 looks very nice owned by anyone we know?

oh BTW pat on the back for all you boys for a well organized event. please take my earlier ranting as constructive criticism lol.

yeah.. was thinking WOW at the RX8 myself!!!! nice!!!

nice pics what phone you using mate? that RX-8 looks very nice owned by anyone we know?

oh BTW pat on the back for all you boys for a well organized event. please take my earlier ranting as constructive criticism lol.

Its a D900.

charitha19 no machan da vid is raw only sum parts r taken off. Didn't remove da sound cus thought it'll b less entertainin. Y?

For official video I will edit da sound.

looked to me the RX7 was way too big and powerful for this kinda track. it took about 53 seconds as opposed to the Minimoke's 40...

I remember mivec.turbo having a similar experience here doing a lap in his kelisa faster than the evo.

Seems to have been a fun-filled day indeed!! once again nice work guys!!

Mivec put his car at AMRC? Thought they never had events with a class that allowed that class of car coz they are too powerful for that tiny area of track?

I dont think the evo was entered as a competitor, he ran it for fun. This was somewhere in early 2006 if i remember right. Maybe the man himself can clarify?

yeah.. was thinking WOW at the RX8 myself!!!! nice!!!

The RX 8 is owned by one of my best buddies, who also happens to be a sports club President, and a former Ford Laser drivers champion, now driving the VTEC Honda racers......second at Foxhill this time.

The RX 8 was selected by him in Japan and all facory fitted options including the underbody airflow management systems.He also has another rare Sports coupe - a Nissan 200 SX .......a very nice and most of all humble guy who came ,drove the track, thanked everyone, and left.

Other than a fun run at Katu, this is the only time he booted it on a track......the track was designed to keep speeds low as I was very worried as to the safety angle. However now that we see that the crowd has their heads screwed on the right way...we can do a faster track with some drifting space next time......

How does that grab ya ?

The main issue is the funds as these things cost money and even little things all add up.

If we are gonna have a gymkhana style event, we must open it to all makes, charge a fee for entry and do it professionally and MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN doing it.

If it becomes too serious then the fun angle gets buggered and you will have " objections & re evaluations" cropping up, just like in races and then its no fun. :unsure:

in my humble opinion, Sri Lankans are very cool dudes & dudettes and love to be left alone to do their thing. So we must plan another one, soon, get fees collected upfront, register the guys upfront and then PAAARRRTTTTYYYYY.

I am sure we can get sponsors as well and this will help cut the costs and keep entry fees low.

lets maybe start another thread for this idea ...and see what happens .......... <_<

The RX 8 was selected by him in Japan and all facory fitted options including the underbody airflow management systems.He also has another rare Sports coupe - a Nissan 200 SX .......a very nice and most of all humble guy who came ,drove the track, thanked everyone, and left.

Would it be this one?

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/photo/6/129

Belated congrats on an awesome event guys!! sadly was not able to make it due to other commitments, but Saw the vids and they were superb!

by the way, came across this while browsing today, very sad... imagine if it happened near Sri Lanka though, would the relavant people be so responsible?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120942873506551291.html?fark

Belated congrats on an awesome event guys!! sadly was not able to make it due to other commitments, but Saw the vids and they were superb!

by the way, came across this while browsing today, very sad... imagine if it happened near Sri Lanka though, would the relavant people be so responsible?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120942873506551291.html?fark

:sad-smiley-034: How come they didn't know there's a island calld Sri Lnaka where ppl in that island wont blame any1 even if they sell those for half da price.

:sad-smiley-034: How come they didn't know there's a island calld Sri Lnaka where ppl in that island wont blame any1 even if they sell those for half da price.

LOL.

yeah, no questions if the price is half.....

BTW what the hell does IMHO stand for ....sorry me gettin on in years so out of da funky talk scene......

Also gonna start thinking about the next event, maybe a Gymkhana but open to all......or should we keep it to Mazda / Ford?

What do you guys think?

LOL.

yeah, no questions if the price is half.....

BTW what the hell does IMHO stand for ....sorry me gettin on in years so out of da funky talk scene......

Also gonna start thinking about the next event, maybe a Gymkhana but open to all......or should we keep it to Mazda / Ford?

What do you guys think?

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

Or go IMO - In My Opinion.

Ok boys and gals ,

The Mazdaford Club Commitee met yesterday. :angry-smiley-048:

We fortified ourselves with a few beers, and got down to thinking.....

After a few more beers, we decided that the next event...hold onto your hats or whatever will

be a Gymkhana sytle event as well.

This was felt to be the most fun and also the best type to satisfy our need for (safe) speed.

The biggies which need cracking:

When - suggested date - end June

Where : Same venue

Time : in the late afternoon - to protect our delicate :wub: complexions ! <_<

Open to : All?

If so we need to pre register and manage the different types of cars and blokes who will turn up. :P

If open to all, then the MazdaFord club becomes the organizer of the event, and anyone with any ride can come and take part.

Then we will need to open another thread too :blum3:

Gimme some feedback you guys, and also some notes on the entry fee / registration fee etc. :mellow:

Cheers

Ok boys and gals ,

After a few more beers, we decided that the next event...hold onto your hats or whatever will

This was felt to be the most fun and also the best type to satisfy our need for (safe) speed.

If so we need to pre register and manage the different types of cars and blokes who will turn up. :P

If open to all, then the MazdaFord club becomes the organizer of the event, and anyone with any ride can come and take part.

Gimme some feedback you guys, and also some notes on the entry fee / registration fee etc. :mellow:

Cheers

If so we need to pre register and manage the different types of cars and blokes who will turn up.

Hi Pradfred,

Good show. Keep it up. Any help please drop me a mail.

Regarding opening to others...............I think the uniquness of the Mazda/Ford club will dialute as most of the other brands

have their own clubs. Slow but steady we will prosper. thats my view. But game for anything.

Ok boys and gals ,

Cheers

If so we need to pre register and manage the different types of cars and blokes who will turn up.

Hi Pradfred,

Good show. Keep it up. Any help please drop me a mail.

Regarding opening to others...............I think the uniquness of the Mazda/Ford club will dialute as most of the other brands

have their own clubs. Slow but steady we will prosper. thats my view. But game for anything.

Cheeers!

Nishi

Cheeers!

Nishi

hi

thanks for the comments.

what about the rest ?

Has everyone gone to sleep already ? :rolleyes:

i kinda agree here. i think we need to get more of the mazda's in.. i have seen a lot more 323's flying around.. becuase all other clubs have huge number of members.. and i think they might steal the show...

but on the other hand its a chance to beat some hondas on safe grounds.. although i love to do it on normal roads.. its not safe...

in my opinion, simpl because other brands rumn, it doesnt mean the Madza/Ford club will loose its identity. Just that the event wont be a Maza-Ford event... if the club is OK with that why not? and those such as myself with sorta rarer brands like isuzu or tata, might never get to run :Dunless there's some sort of lorry meet :D

Late June so far sounds OK to me and should give the organizers ample time to prepare!

i kinda agree here. i think we need to get more of the mazda's in.. i have seen a lot more 323's flying around.. becuase all other clubs have huge number of members.. and i think they might steal the show...

but on the other hand its a chance to beat some hondas on safe grounds.. although i love to do it on normal roads.. its not safe...

Idea sounds Cool.. :jumping-smiley-013:

Charitha,

This time try n leave the garage early... to be on time.

Also make sure u don't get copped in the "Flying to the venu" process.. :violent-smiley-030: