• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Owners Clubs In Sri Lanka ?

pathola 1

Ok. What is your car btw? Is it a E39 ? Do you use your car as a daily driver?

If so you can change the oil and oil filter, but its not necessary to change the air filter. You should be able to use the air filter for around a year without replacing. Yes I do change the fuel filter every year when my service is due. What's the oil you use? Castrol or Mobil?

All depends on your need and the condition of the filters+plus oil when you take it for a routine check/service and the recommendation by the agents.

Anyone else, please share your thoughts and expertise, please.

Cheers

Oil is Castrol.. Yup daily driver

Mine is a diesel and the odometer is in KM's. The services indicator states 15,000 km after reset. I service the car every 6,000 Km or so. Given the fact that i run the car for about 7,000 Km a year i do my service once a year. Also change the fuel filter every other service. But i run the Forte diesel treatment for common rail diesels every once in 6 months. My car has done about 47,000 Km so far.

I normally stick to the service indicator and take it for a service when I am down to the last green LED. Worked for me so far. However planning on investing on a set of jack stands and starting to do my own oil service from next time. A reset tool is not that expensive on Ebay. So far most of the repairs are done at home so this is a no brainer.

Edited by VVTi

I normally stick to the service indicator and take it for a service when I am down to the last green LED. Worked for me so far. However planning on investing on a set of jack stands and starting to do my own oil service from next time. A reset tool is not that expensive on Ebay. So far most of the repairs are done at home so this is a no brainer.

Nice... haven't seen you in a grease monkey suit yet ;)

Your place is closer than me going to Kelaniya.

Also change the fuel filter every other service. But i run the Forte diesel treatment for common rail diesels every once in 6 months. My car has done about 47,000 Km so far.

I recall the stealers recomended fuel filter change every service

Nice... haven't seen you in a grease monkey suit yet ;)

Your place is closer than me going to Kelaniya.

Come come, there is not a rook and cranny in that E36 that I do not know. But I emphasize the need for Jack Stands, just removed and cleaned the front brake calipers as there was a funny squeak, and the jack shifted. Drama.... :) Not easy to lift a BMW that shifted its jack while a excited dog is running around. Luckily I kept the removed wheel under the body... :)

Machang, pardon my bluntness, but if you are bitching about the high cost involved with maintaining a marque at the authorized dealer, then you should not own one. There is nowhere in the world where the authorized dealer gives you a cheap deal.

Do you agree?

Edited by VVTi

you got me wrong. All im saying is its not too expensive to service the car more often than waiting for the indicator.. Which obviously is good for any car considering our climate dust and traffic congestion...Watchman , stealer = dealer :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I can't be the only one who remembered madmax's latest thread, can I? :lol:

Ahaha 20 frickin' percent!!!...Max,VVTI,Dom,RangeRover etc keep it in your pants ok guys :lol:

And the best part is ..."If you’re looking to find a more faithful long-term companion, here’s a heads up: only 0.28% of people on the site drive SEATs or Renaults. MG is favoured by just 0.53%, and Fiat and Chrysler by just 0.55%"

LMAO...MG owners do cheat but the mistress is the car itself...I mean just look at these asses!...Bootylicious!!!

v2hfY.jpg