• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dissel Feed Pump - Info

lasa

Question

Guys,

Does any one of you know reliable place to get a recondition Dissel feed pump for my Toyota corolla DX wagon(2000cc)? I had starting problem with my wagon(when i press feed pump for a minute it starts without any prob) and due to this i had replaced my feed pump with a orginal one(as they call) from 'M * Organi*ation', but even after that i had same problem. So my mechanic check all horses comming from and going from feed pump. Also he checked holes in dissel tank and check dissel pump also. According to him no prob of them. So as per him only culprit is the new feed pump and i can't get a replacement since there return period(2 weeks) had passed when i founf about this. So only solution is to try a recon feed pump. But i couldn't find at least one after i search from nugegoda to Maharagama. Hope one of you guys can help me in this.

Thx

6 answers to this question

Guys,

Does any one of you know reliable place to get a recondition Dissel feed pump for my Toyota corolla DX wagon(2000cc)? I had starting problem with my wagon(when i press feed pump for a minute it starts without any prob) and due to this i had replaced my feed pump with a orginal one(as they call) from 'M * Organi*ation', but even after that i had same problem. So my mechanic check all horses comming from and going from feed pump. Also he checked holes in dissel tank and check dissel pump also. According to him no prob of them. So as per him only culprit is the new feed pump and i can't get a replacement since there return period(2 weeks) had passed when i founf about this. So only solution is to try a recon feed pump. But i couldn't find at least one after i search from nugegoda to Maharagama. Hope one of you guys can help me in this.

Thx

This is very common problem comes with Toyota 2C engine. One of my friends AE110 also had same problem. Here very difficult to find diesel pump. He fixed recondition diesel pumps but couldn’t solve the problem. After that My friend imported a diesel pump from japan.

Guys,

Thx

Lasa, if you purchased an original and its brand new I think it must be under Warranty ? and thus you should try speaking to them to arrange for a replacement.

i dunno if I told you this before my mechanic Wasantha has good contacts in Panchikawatte and he is usually able to find anything from there and the good thing about the man is if he gets something from there which doesn't work he simply sends the bad stuff back for a replacement and does not bill you for it which is especially useful when dealing with "recon" stuff. A diesel pump for a 2C engine should not be too difficult to find in my humble opinion so if you want I'll tell you where he is based and maybe you can go have a chat with him.

Lasa, if you purchased an original and its brand new I think it must be under Warranty ? and thus you should try speaking to them to arrange for a replacement.

i dunno if I told you this before my mechanic Wasantha has good contacts in Panchikawatte and he is usually able to find anything from there and the good thing about the man is if he gets something from there which doesn't work he simply sends the bad stuff back for a replacement and does not bill you for it which is especially useful when dealing with "recon" stuff. A diesel pump for a 2C engine should not be too difficult to find in my humble opinion so if you want I'll tell you where he is based and maybe you can go have a chat with him.

Machang, Are you refering to mechanic from Dematagoda?

yes did you have problems with him ?

No No. But thing is his place always full. I tried to go there 1-2 times since i'm living in kolonnawa his place is near. But since it was fiiled with vehicles i couldn't.

No No. But thing is his place always full. I tried to go there 1-2 times since i'm living in kolonnawa his place is near. But since it was fiiled with vehicles i couldn't.

Lasa, I think you need to work "The Friend" angle here, he is quite busy cos he is quite good, (and plus I have been sending large numbers of the Autolanka horde to him). Tell him you are a friend of the dude who owns a black Mirage, and tell him that I recommended him and ask for an appointment if he is too busy at the time. Also a bottle of Old Reserve is never ignored in SL :)

I also got introduced to Wasantha through an extremely good friend of mine who has been a customer for many eons, so he always makes room for me simply because of this guy.