• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replacing Rear Wheel Drums

deco

Question

Hi all!!

Mine is a 12 sri Lancer wagon (A75V). The problem is when I applied brakes the car drags to the left. After consulting my mechanic, said that some of the rear wheel drum brake parts are missing and some are worn out thus causing the automatic brake adjuster seizing to work. Actually my parking brakes are also not working which is an obvious result.

My question is will it be possible for me to replace the rear drum in all with ones which are available with used parts dealers?? Is the drum and the backing plate is compatible with all cars (not the very recent ones)??

I would be much appreciated if you can give me a clue if resolving this matter. I have heard that some Lancer wagons are fitted with disk brakes and all. So there may be one or two guys out there who can help me with this.. :unsure:

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi all!!

Mine is a 12 sri Lancer wagon (A75V). The problem is when I applied brakes the car drags to the left. After consulting my mechanic, said that some of the rear wheel drum brake parts are missing and some are worn out thus causing the automatic brake adjuster seizing to work. Actually my parking brakes are also not working which is an obvious result.

My question is will it be possible for me to replace the rear drum in all with ones which are available with used parts dealers?? Is the drum and the backing plate is compatible with all cars (not the very recent ones)??

I would be much appreciated if you can give me a clue if resolving this matter. I have heard that some Lancer wagons are fitted with disk brakes and all. So there may be one or two guys out there who can help me with this.. :unsure:

Thanks

I'm also looking for this guys..... :ninja:

I'm also looking for this guys..... :ninja:

One Punchikawatta guy said that they are having the salvaged ones for Rs3,500/- each. The thing is they can not be trusted and most probably the ones they are offering are nearing the end of their life span. that is why I thought of replacing with relatively new ones if it permits to do so..

Hi all!!

Thanks

Deco, the rear drums used in your car is specific to your make and model and thus should be replaced with a like for like spare.

You should try scouring through the many vehicle used vehicle yards you mention in the hope of finding a replacement though it might prove to be a bit difficult as your car is a bit old.

Failing which Panchikawatte yards should have the part you are looking for.

You could also check with spare parts dealers for a brand new part. or as a last option check with the agents.

This all depends on the nature of your problem. Sri Lankan machine shops are capable of refacing unevenly worn brake drums, and even forging out new parts and bits when it is necessary so maybe a more detailed explanation of the problem might help

The Don

I can find disks to my car the prob is that I dont know any1 who can fit those to it.

From where did you find the disks?? is it from Panchikawatta or any other used parts dealer?? BTW how do you know you can fix them for sure??

:unsure: