• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cleaning Pcv Valve

Ruslan

I was getting some rough idles on my car and even when i start the engine it start to go up in rpm even when it's hot. so i figured out that the "PCV Valve" might be clogged. (I guess you guys already know about PCV valve eh?) if not please refer :

What you need for this is,

Carb cleaner, WD-40, PCV Valve (Only if its Bad)

1.Locate your PCV valve. (Please check the image below) please note the the engine below is 1ZZ-FE and im not sure the location of you ppls PCV valve location. so make sure!! or refer Manual for more details.

img0019rg7.th.jpg

2.Remove it. in my case it fits a 19" wrench.

img0022rt7.th.jpg

3. shake it well. if you hear any clunking noise and feels moving parts inside then its good. if not it's better replace it. it's not that expensive.

4. PCV valve is One way valve. so to check it just blow it from either side. and it shouldn't be able you to blow it from one side. if not the Valve is bad.

5. To clean it get a Carb cleaner and spray in to it as you can see brownish gunk coming inside of it. keep doing it until it clears. let it dry for couple of minutes (15Mins)

6.Apply a bit of WD-40 in case if you cant remove it next time.(Most cases Engine heads made out of aluminum and it tends to seize a bit).

7. Replace it same the way you remove it and clamp the hose tightly. (If you want clean the hose as well.)

8. After everything is in place start your engine. take her for ride. feel the difference. :action-smiley-033:

Edited by Ruslan