• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N 16 Petrol Consumption

Edward

Hi guys,

I own a N 16 2001 model. Automatic transmission 1.6 Ltr engine. I have done the injectors cleaned & replaced the air filter. I have not changed the plugs, since the plugs are in good condition. The transmission oil also newly changed. I am getting maximum 8 km pr litre in city. Is this correct or can I improve this. If yes please let me know which is the best place I should take her.

Hi guys,

I own a N 16 2001 model. Automatic transmission 1.6 Ltr engine. I have done the injectors cleaned & replaced the air filter. I have not changed the plugs, since the plugs are in good condition. The transmission oil also newly changed. I am getting maximum 8 km pr litre in city. Is this correct or can I improve this. If yes please let me know which is the best place I should take her.

The guy has moved from Toyota to Nissan ………… anyway good luck. I think this is normal rate for N16

Edited by Nilantha

Hi guys,

sorry buddy...N16 does low on fuel...8KM is kind of like standard...

/bigDaddy

Hi guys,

I too have a N16 1.6 and it's the normal rate in city limits.know it's hard on your pocket when you run with 95 octane but don't think you can expect more than that from a 1.6 and believe it's same with other brands (like Toyota) as well... :)

I too have a N16 1.6 and it's the normal rate in city limits.know it's hard on your pocket when you run with 95 octane but don't think you can expect more than that from a 1.6 and believe it's same with other brands (like Toyota) as well... :)

Well i do have a Corolla with a 1.8 (with VVTI) i get 10-9 Kmpl range in city with 95 octane petrol. calculated and guaranteed. :rolleyes:

Agree with you, I had a Carina 212 before this, This also did only 8KM in the city. My friend is having a Sprinter, even that is doing only 8.5 maximum in the city. But I think if the car is manual transmission we can get about 10 KM in the city.

More things than just displacement effect economy.

A lot of lower displacement versions sometimes have bad fuel economy due to the engine having to be revved harder to achieve a decent speed (and normal operation rev range also being higher )

okay bro..if a 1.8 corolla does 9~10.guess 1.5 would do arround 12-13?? ;)

so what do u think? then Marutis should do better on fuel just because it's got 800CC engine??? Hope you got your answers pal.. :angry-smiley-048:

so what do u think? then Marutis should do better on fuel just because it's got 800CC engine??? Hope you got your answers pal.. :angry-smiley-048:

I think the argument you want is that then, putting a Maruti 800cc engine into a Corolla would have even better economy. And it wont in reality.

I think the argument you want is that then, putting a Maruti 800cc engine into a Corolla would have even better economy. And it wont in reality.

Exactly.. just simple physics :rolleyes: (People sometimes forget that there's a weight factor affect with fuel economy) and for more clarification... her it goes.. another Luxel(1.8) owners words!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruslan

• 1 year later...

i drive a Carina AT 170.. 5AFE engine it does about 10kmpl and thats a Toyota :rolleyes: