• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lookin 2 Buy A Vios <urgent>

GuruG

Hi guys I'm lookin 2 buy a VIOS mainly becus of fuel concern. Not a fan of Diesel. I went to a car dealer n I came across a 2004 Vios S(with digi meter etc.) It has dun 29K n hes expectin 3.1 mil. Is this 2 much or can buy it for less. :action-smiley-060: Any help is appreciated. My budget is around 3mil.

6 months ago i got my car for 25.5...if you really want a vios, why not purchase a recently registerred car. they are going for around 2.5 mil and maybe even less...

if you are determined to go unreg, then for for the E version, it will be 100k cheaper and also pick a light color.

Hi guys I'm lookin 2 buy a VIOS mainly becus of fuel concern. Not a fan of Diesel. I went to a car dealer n I came across a 2004 Vios S(with digi meter etc.) It has dun 29K n hes expectin 3.1 mil. Is this 2 much or can buy it for less. :action-smiley-060: Any help is appreciated. My budget is around 3mil.

If your concern a lot about fuel, i suggest go for manual one. i herd they're really great in Fuel consumption. last time i checked (December) it was around 27 lakhs. it was a wine red colored with lip kit and fog lights. but it's a E. (and that's a 2005 with 15,000 km on board)

Edited by Ruslan

Hey GuruG,

3.1 is far too much, even for the 'S' grade. Look around a bit. You should be able to find a vehicle between 29 and 30. What color is it BTW? I saw a silver S type for 29.50 a few weeks ago, at a sale in nugegoda.

Regards,

Jehan80

Hey GuruG,

3.1 is far too much, even for the 'S' grade. Look around a bit. You should be able to find a vehicle between 29 and 30. What color is it BTW? I saw a silver S type for 29.50 a few weeks ago, at a sale in nugegoda.

Regards,

Jehan80

Its is black VVTi. Does color, effects the price?

Fuzzo I agree with u. It is pointless to by unreg when regs r cheaper.

I'm lookin 4 an Auto S type even E is ok but odo should b less than 30K.

Foun this http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=2988 which is an E but the guys phone is out of order.

I sold my Yarris cus its 1300cc. i hav a heavy foot so every time overtake i hav 2 rev over 3k. Which is not good on fuel.

if your budget is 3M try to buy Corolla 121

Foun this http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=2988 which is an E but the guys phone is out of order.

I sold my Yarris cus its 1300cc. i hav a heavy foot so every time overtake i hav 2 rev over 3k. Which is not good on fuel.

The Yaris in Sri Lanka is the (re-badged) new Vios and we should be seeing a lot more of them coming from Singapore. You should be able to find a recently registered Vios in the 2.3-2.5 range and a mint Toyota 121 under 3 million as Nilantha suggested. 3.3-4 million will buy you a K Regd Allion if you could stretch that far.

Not much point going on whats on the meter as most of the Singapore Vios cars come with their meters adjusted anyway.

Edited by milindu

The Yaris in Sri Lanka is the (re-badged) new Vios and we should be seeing a lot more of them coming from Singapore. You should be able to find a recently registered Vios in the 2.3-2.5 range and a mint Toyota 121 under 3 million as Nilantha suggested. 3.3-4 million will buy you a K Regd Allion if you could stretch that far.

Not much point going on whats on the meter as most of the Singapore Vios cars come with their meters adjusted anyway.

Selling new model to buy the old <_< .

Where can get a 121 for that price.

Guys hows the new Fit Aria any good? Heard its better than VIOS in fuel n performance.

Buying a car was never this hard. :action-smiley-060:

Selling new model to buy the old <_< .

Where can get a 121 for that price.

Guys hows the new Fit Aria any good? Heard its better than VIOS in fuel n performance.

Buying a car was never this hard. :action-smiley-060:

The Fit Aria is supposedly very good on fuel (as per an autolanka user, check "Became a Honda Lover" thread for more information). But I hardly see the point of selling a Yaris and buying a Fit Aria as both are similar sort of vehicles (with the Fit being slightly bigger). The Vios is a different grade of car.

Good luck on your search

PS. If you want good fuel economy you would really have to tame that right foot of yours :)

The Fit Aria is supposedly very good on fuel (as per an autolanka user, check "Became a Honda Lover" thread for more information). But I hardly see the point of selling a Yaris and buying a Fit Aria as both are similar sort of vehicles (with the Fit being slightly bigger). The Vios is a different grade of car.

Good luck on your search

PS. If you want good fuel economy you would really have to tame that right foot of yours :)

So it seems the fit aria is spacious than both vios n yaris. The blody thing looks tiny from outside. Yarris is not excellent in fuel due to its 1300cc engine. But Aria has 7 spd CVT gbox.

ash Whts ur #:blush:

Yeah, darker colors like black and wine red will be about 50k more expensive. Personally, i'm not sure i like like the odd shape of the fit :) . Anyway, i've heard that its a bit unstable at high speeds.

The yaris 1.3 auto does about 13 km/l in traffic. (i suppose you need the tame right foot to get those figures)..the vios 1.5 out scores it in outstation drives...where the yaris does about 16 while the vios (manual) does 17-18. i know quite a few yaris's... and quite a few vios's... :alc: so this is based on all that...

Edited by pissa

agree with milindu, don't bother with the mileage, they are usually rolled back anyway.

This is a bit OT but people say the mileage is rolled back on vehicles coming from Singapore ? Is there any sufficient proof ? Is the roll back done in Singapore or locally ?

So can the mileage on vehicles coming from Japan be guaranteed ?

Please don't get offended. I think if someone could shed some "good light" on this would be very useful to all. :)

This is a bit OT but people say the mileage is rolled back on vehicles coming from Singapore ? Is there any sufficient proof ? Is the roll back done in Singapore or locally ?

Please don't get offended. I think if someone could shed some "good light" on this would be very useful to all. :)

Mileage is being rolled back everywhere. Even the locals do. You can even do to your own car. It cost you only 2-3k.

Yeah, darker colors like black and wine red will be about 50k more expensive. Personally, i'm not sure i like like the odd shape of the fit :) . Anyway, i've heard that its a bit unstable at high speeds.

Yeah, the rear windscreen reminds me the "Hunched back". but i herd it's very reliable though (Gearbox was awesome!!). personally i prefer Honda Civic than FIT Aria / City.

Edited by Ruslan

Not all cars come 'rolled back'. But with the high tax and the lower margins here, they usually bring down the lower grades of car (rent-a-car/fleet) which usually have run over 50k on average. One thing is the mileage run in Japan or Singapore/ Malaysia doesn't show too much at the roads and conditions are good with all repairs done proper most of the time. It may even be motorway running for all you know. They do a bit of re-conditioning when they come from Singapore. I think the fake leather is also a part of that process.

Yeah, the rear windscreen reminds me the "Hunched back". but i herd it's very reliable though (Gearbox was awesome!!). personally i prefer Honda Civic than FIT Aria / City.

Even I preffer civic over aria but when considering fuel aria is much better.

Guys I still havn't found a car yet so pls email me if u hav found any good deals out there.

herathgATgmailDOTcom

Thx n ur help is much appriciated....

Edited by GuruG

I bought an unregistered Vios, Gold color, lipkit, driving lights, auto transmission, fabric seats, E grade, mileage 34K for 26.5 lakhs six months ago. I'm not happy with the fuel consumption in traffic - about 10Kmpl. But it does about 16.5 Kmpl on outstation long trips. This is after a full tuneup, replacement of plugs, fuel & air filters, and throttle body & airflow sensor cleaning :(

Az