• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 -2008

miniace

Of course, how could one miss that :) A tad old for him wouldnt you say ;) Didnt know they were an item- last I heard he was messing with Bernie's daughter.

Hey thought Lewis dating Tag boss' daughter Sara Ojjeh (18)

lewisha4.jpg

lewisha4.e8d62f18c8.jpg

MINIACE

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, Nigel Mansell was an equally big poser. He always made things seem more difficult than they really were, just to make it seem as if he were overcoming the most difficult circumstances, even when he walked the title in 1993 due to the complete technical superiority of the Williams that year. This is the guy, who you might remember accidentally shut his car down on the final lap of the Canadian Grand Prix in 1991, while he was leading by a country mile. How did it happen? He was waving to the crowd so furiously (before the race had finished obviously), that he hit the kill switch somewhere inside the cockpit. There is no doubt that Nige could drive (his pass of Ayrton Senna at the Hungarian Grand Prix one year and his pass of Nelson Piquet at the British Grand Prix another time are still amazing), but the guy was a real media whore. Hamilton (Lewis, I mean :) ) is in fact much classier.

It's because we're exposed only to the English-speaking media that we get bombarded with all this hype about the British drivers. In my opinion the ballsiest, bravest and hardest charging drivers were/are Gilles Villeneuve, Niki Lauda, Ayrton Senna, Jean Alesi, Michael Schumacher, Takuma Sato and even though I can't stand his guts, Fernando Alonso.

For the record, Nigel Mansell was an equally big poser. He always made things seem more difficult than they really were, just to make it seem as if he were overcoming the most difficult circumstances, even when he walked the title in 1993 due to the complete technical superiority of the Williams that year. This is the guy, who you might remember accidentally shut his car down on the final lap of the Canadian Grand Prix in 1991, while he was leading by a country mile. How did it happen? He was waving to the crowd so furiously (before the race had finished obviously), that he hit the kill switch somewhere inside the cockpit. There is no doubt that Nige could drive (his pass of Ayrton Senna at the Hungarian Grand Prix one year and his pass of Nelson Piquet at the British Grand Prix another time are still amazing), but the guy was a real media whore. Hamilton (Lewis, I mean :) ) is in fact much classier.

It's because we're exposed only to the English-speaking media that we get bombarded with all this hype about the British drivers. In my opinion the ballsiest, bravest and hardest charging drivers were/are Gilles Villeneuve, Niki Lauda, Ayrton Senna, Jean Alesi, Michael Schumacher, Takuma Sato and even though I can't stand his guts, Fernando Alonso.

You're probably right. We probably did not get the full dose like with Ham :D . I recall that he ran out of fuel very close to the finish line in one race and started pushing the car...

Heh heh yes everyone seems to hate Alonso but I agree he is so good. And I wish he was in the current BMW instead of the Renault.

Poor Jean Alesi had to drive real dogs all his F1 life. Ferraris made some crap racing cars then.....

MS.....my all time hero - planning the next two pits stops while charging at 110% :o . Will we ever see another like him? Hard to imagine. I think we're lucky that we witnessed the reshaping of racing history and the making of a legend.

You're probably right. We probably did not get the full dose like with Ham :D . I recall that he ran out of fuel very close to the finish line in one race and started pushing the car...

Heh heh yes everyone seems to hate Alonso but I agree he is so good. And I wish he was in the current BMW instead of the Renault.

Poor Jean Alesi had to drive real dogs all his F1 life. Ferraris made some crap racing cars then.....

err sorry but not everyone GTAm! <_<

Its like Clinton. Don't care as long as he does his job right.

Which, IMHO, is how it should be. Its not like hes promoting Nazism. I mean, hes an old guy. Might be needing some role play to get the engine going ;)

Its like Clinton. Don't care as long as he does his job right.

Which, IMHO, is how it should be. Its not like hes promoting Nazism. I mean, hes an old guy. Might be needing some role play to get the engine going ;)

a bit of spice

:lol: or may be he's sponsored by Pfizer ;) ...afterall there were said to have been 5 of them yes? :D

has anyone been following the Max Mosely fiasco? :blink:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/for...icle3649197.ece

and after all this he's WON in a secret ballot no-confidence by 103 to 55 at the FIA general assembly ! :o

Anyone heard the Max’s latest hullabaloo? The prostitute scandal.A British tabloid accusing Max of taking part in Nazi role-play with prostitutes said it will send videotapes of the encounter to the sport's governing body.

MINIACE

Hamilton Senior takes a Carrera GT for a Spin

anthony-hamilton-crash.jpg

Lewis Hamilton's dad has put someone's Carrera GT through a hedge just a couple of hundred meters from the family home in the village of Tewin, just north of London. He's not saying who the Porsche belongs to, but it appears to have German license plates, which unfortunately makes it unlikely that the car belongs to new Swiss immigrant Lewis. That would have made the story so much sweeter.

Follow the jump to The Daily Mail's version of events, but we take the tabloid's assertation that Mr. Hamilton "somehow lost control on a straight road," with a pinch of salt. The road is a sweeping right hander and was greasy at the time of the accident. Given the proximity to the Hamilton home and the GT's reputation for snap over steer, it's pretty easy to imagine what happened.

Source Autoblog

Edited by Dj shan

Hamilton Senior takes a Carrera GT for a Spin

anthony-hamilton-crash.jpg

Lewis Hamilton's dad has put someone's Carrera GT through a hedge just a couple of hundred meters from the family home in the village of Tewin, just north of London. He's not saying who the Porsche belongs to, but it appears to have German license plates, which unfortunately makes it unlikely that the car belongs to new Swiss immigrant Lewis. That would have made the story so much sweeter.

Follow the jump to The Daily Mail's version of events, but we take the tabloid's assertation that Mr. Hamilton "somehow lost control on a straight road," with a pinch of salt. The road is a sweeping right hander and was greasy at the time of the accident. Given the proximity to the Hamilton home and the GT's reputation for snap over steer, it's pretty easy to imagine what happened.

Source Autoblog

looks like he really really wants in on all the action :D

over steer or induced over steer :rolleyes: to give the tabloids and paparazzi something to go on?! :lol:

Any predictions for the weekends Canadian Grand Prix ?

bets? :D

can Hamilton repat last years feat?

Better feat this year! :( Managed to ruin Kimi's race...

"Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen have retired from the Canadian Grand Prix after the McLaren crashed into the rear of the Ferrari in the pit lane. Raikkonen had stopped for a red light at the pit exit when Hamilton piled into the back of the Finn. Williams' Nico Rosberg then ran into the rear of Hamilton."

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/6/7898.html

Btw, Kubica won and leading the drivers championship at the time...

At Montreal last year, Kubica had to be helicoptered to hospital after his death-defying crash while Hamilton because the toast of the British press after his maiden win. A year later and Kubica is celebrating his first win while Hamilton is being vilified for playing the goat. :) Such is life I guess.

Hamilton and Nico have been penalized for the next race and righly so IMHO - failing to stop at the red light :lol: !

How biased is Steve Slater :blink: !?? I could've thown a shoe at my TV. Was blaming the FIA rules when all what happened was that Lewis went colour blind and hit a stationary car.

Only a few minutes ago when Button was penalized for something - I think pitting with the safty car on, he said "Rules are rules!"

Hamilton and Nico have been penalized for the next race and righly so IMHO - failing to stop at the red light :lol: !

How biased is Steve Slater :blink: !?? I could've thown a shoe at my TV. Was blaming the FIA rules when all what happened was that Lewis went colour blind and hit a stationary car.

Only a few minutes ago when Button was penalized for something - I think pitting with the safty car on, he said "Rules are rules!"

So you can now understand why even though I live in Britain I find it difficult to become a fan of British Sports Stars.

Colour blind or not he should have realised the car in front was not moving !

He was probably pissed off about Kimi and Robert getting in front of him out of the pitts and expecting the lights to change and/or not wanting to let his tyres cool down !

But with the pit lane speed restriction he should have still had time to stop !. Nico was perhaps following Hamilton !!

So you can now understand why even though I live in Britain I find it difficult to become a fan of British Sports Stars.

Hey Don,

If you dont mind me asking, where in the UK are you? cos i think i 'might' have heard 'of' you from a mutual friend..

I actually think Steve Slater had a point. If a car is allowed to pit, even during a safety car period it should be allowed to make an exit. Pure and simple, or else it could cause a massive traffic jam in the pits. And thats exactly what happened. If the pit is closed for exit it should be closed for entrance as well IMHO. Of course rules are rules even & if they dont make sense fully- LH should have been a lot more careful. Nico was an innocent victim who decided to 'jump into the well' cause LH did lol

But it was a great race and well done BMW- you can take the good and the bad luck in F1.

Hey Don,

If you dont mind me asking, where in the UK are you? cos i think i 'might' have heard 'of' you from a mutual friend..

I'm based in South Ealing, a suburb of West London.

I'm not surprised, Sri Lanka though home to 20 million people have the feel of a very small country. Practically everybody seems to know everybody one way or the other. I will not be surprised if I've already had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of AL members hiding behind their nick names at some point in my life !

What amazes me is how much verbal criticism is laid upon Hamilton for the error, while Rosberg gets off. If you ask me, Rosberg was just as careless.

I'd agree with Pila on the pathetic management of the pits...did anyone notice how the lights go green right after the collisions?

That said, the Drivers championship just got more exciting...and Alonso didn't get any points (joy!).

Edited by gunat

What amazes me is how much verbal criticism is laid upon Hamilton for the error, while Rosberg gets off. If you ask me, Rosberg was just as careless.

I'd agree with Pila on the pathetic management of the pits...did anyone notice how the lights go green right after the collisions?

That said, the Drivers championship just got more exciting...and Alonso didn't get any points (joy!).

Machan Nico got dogged down 10 places as well for the French GP :( <

<Sigh> its not he's fault. LH's car roled back and hit him! he he :)

I'm based in South Ealing, a suburb of West London.

I'm not surprised, Sri Lanka though home to 20 million people have the feel of a very small country. Practically everybody seems to know everybody one way or the other. I will not be surprised if I've already had the pleasure of meeting quite a few of AL members hiding behind their nick names at some point in my life !

hmmm.... the friend i'm talking about is a young lady from Aston. Hey add me on FB or something and we can continue rather than take this thread OT.. you should be able to find me on peri's madz'z and some other AL members' friends lists :)