• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 -2008

miniace

4384ye9.jpg

A friend of mine reminded me of Pierluigi Martini putting his Minardi on the ront row alongside Gerhard Berger. Probably their best qualifying result before last weekend. (note Senna having a great start from 5th - eventually winning)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4384ye9.jpg

A friend of mine reminded me of Pierluigi Martini putting his Minardi on the ront row alongside Gerhard Berger. Probably their best qualifying result before last weekend. (note Senna having a great start from 5th - eventually winning)

Nice find on the pic.. I love old GP pics- very hard to come by. That was the 1990 US GP which was also hit by rain in the Quali's. Those days there used to be a field of 30 odd cars and only the first 6 scoring points- also from those 15 teams that took part 18 years ago- only three remain to date.. I miss the Privateer days :(

Great race.. great result for Alonso, Nico and LH.. Rotten luck for Massa. Really wanna go for the Singapore GP next year- the track was fantastic.

The Williams was the quickest from the field.. its been a long time since that happened and we all so proud for the team :)

can't stand that smug spaniard, but props to him for a slick bit of driving - man got lucky with his pitstop :)

Thought LH might try something and unnerve Rosberg and snatch a sneaky 2nd but that wasn't to be - but most certainly not complaining about a podium finish & the points :D

...&it wasn't just Massa with the fuel line - Coulthard had the same happen but had the good sense to break immediately! :o

Yes, what an amazing race that was. There was speculation that the race it self wouldn’t be that exciting as chances of overtaking was not that great, but was proven otherwise like in the approach to turn 7 if I’m not mistaken. bit of an Asian Monaco. Unbelievable turn of events for Alonso from a dissapointing end to his Q2. After almost a whole year without a race win it was about time. unorthodox race strategy by team Renault and team mate nelson piquet jr.'s crash which resulted in a safety car situation gave Alonso a huge advantage. Well done to Roseberg for a fantastic drive despite the drive through penalty. What a disaster for Ferrari ! The Massa pit incident...a bit of a frequent occurrence these days isn’t it? They should re think their pit lighting system and go back to the good old lollipop. Shame about Kimi's encounter with the wall. that was costly mistake. now team Mclaren are leading the constructor points table thanks to Ferrari's misfortune.

Edited by Overdrive

The Massa pit incident...a bit of a frequent occurrence these days isn’t it? They should re think their pit lighting system and go back to the good old lollipop. Shame about Kimi's encounter with the wall.

Dont know if you guys noticed but the Lollipo man was back during the second round of Pitstops.:)

Kimi : yup hes a Hero or Zero man and now the Zeros seem to be accumulating :(

Was watching the race with a few friends and just said he will probably settle for points when Whammo !

Oh well, at least he doesnt talk too much unlike some others we know eh ? :)

Lets all of us aficionados plan and go for a F1 race somewhere ? Auotlanka can help us find sponsors ! LOL.

The Massa pit incident...a bit of a frequent occurrence these days isn’t it? They should re think their pit lighting system and go back to the good old lollipop. Shame about Kimi's encounter with the wall.

Dont know if you guys noticed but the Lollipo man was back during the second round of Pitstops.:)

Didn't notice that, but DC has a lollipop man and nearly messed up too. Odd how many fueling rigs got stuck tho.

Tho it was funning watching the Ferrari crew sprinting along the pit lane wearing firesuits and helmets. :D Like something out of a movie. Stormtroopers on the attack! :D

Bloody 'ell - Malagamuwa too?! :o

brilliant shots as always :)

Thanks!

yep, in fact he was taking part in the Porsche Carrera Cup AND the Aston Martin Asia Pacific Cup..

I need filter through the photos.. there's 2400+ from raceday alone. will share some more when i'm done :)

Edited by Dilesh

Now thats some very nice work Dilesh. I assume the lights were good enough to not have high ISO usage? And what was the lens?

except for the one of the honda, everything else that i posted is ISO 1400 or above.. the cars move SOO much faster than you could imagine.. and its not easy panning too cos at the corner i was at, the cars would suddenly decelerate or accelerate.. I got some awesome pans of the BMW Formulas.

The lens i was using is my good old 55-200 VR. I had turned off both the VR and autofucus, cos the VR kinda messes up some panned shots, and the Autofocus sometimes delayed the continuous shoots. And for the ones i took at street level the fencing sometimes became the subject for Autofocus, so i focused on a part of the track, and went on manual again.

Though the lights really were bright enough F1 was just too fast. It have been enough to maybe have captured the slower races had they been held under lights.

I got a couple of nice shots at the Aston race using a wide angle of maybe about 10mm. The spot i got was so close to the track, i was maybe half a meter away from the fence, and the cars took that corner at about one meter from the fence.. yep, THAT close!

This is one of those times I really hate that ##### resizing thing. Ever consider a ##### pro account or a fotopic pro account?

what do u mean? i think the resizing was quite OK, with minimal distortion. sorry didnt quite get what you said cos of the #s

And thanks O.prime :)

what do u mean? i think the resizing was quite OK, with minimal distortion. sorry didnt quite get what you said cos of the #s

And thanks O.prime :)

Didn't catch that. FB resizing. Distortion might be ok, but it makes things smaller! and I meant flick.r pro.