• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mahagastotte Hill Climb

pradfred

Looks like some awesome fun :) (inspite of my fear of heights & the like :( )

i believe this to be fellow Autolankan Gunats machine tearing up the tarmac whilst in tri/bipod mode@ Mahagastota :lol:

pic2pf1.jpg

all hearsay this, but i recall someone once mentioning that this car held a class record @ one of the hillclimbs - impressive machine,recod or otherwise! :)

Looks like some awesome fun :) (inspite of my fear of heights & the like :( )

i believe this to be fellow Autolankan Gunats machine tearing up the tarmac whilst in tri/bipod mode@ Mahagastota :lol:

pic2pf1.jpg

all hearsay this, but i recall someone once mentioning that this car held a class record @ one of the hillclimbs - impressive machine,recod or otherwise! :)

Romani De Silva also drives a similar WRX in hilclimbs.. could be his (thinking out loud)

correction : Romani De Silva USED to drives a similar WRX in hilclimbs ;)

ahh... didnt know that... thanks for the update.... i remember going past his car every morning on my way to school, only to get a rare peek on a few days that it wasnt hidden under a car-cover... so, is this the same car, or or a different one(in the picture)?

ahh... didnt know that... thanks for the update.... i remember going past his car every morning on my way to school, only to get a rare peek on a few days that it wasnt hidden under a car-cover... so, is this the same car, or or a different one(in the picture)?

most likely the very same car machan cuz there aren't very many Gun Metal Sti5's and even fewer that have been regular fixtures on the hill climbs

Yep, thats the same car folks. Not sure about the record setting history (although i believe the current record holder is Nishan in his former 9GT...)

Devinda- do you have the full res. pic? Or would anyone know where i can find it?

Yep, thats the same car folks. Not sure about the record setting history (although i believe the current record holder is Nishan in his former 9GT...)

Devinda- do you have the full res. pic? Or would anyone know where i can find it?

sadly not machan :(

i tired to find a larger picture but failed...

hmmm you might wanna try CatsEye graphics - i dunno if they're still in business but i hear they have lotsa action shots of various races so they might have a few pictures of the Sti.. :unsure:

hmmm you might wanna try CatsEye graphics - i dunno if they're still in business but i hear they have lotsa action shots of various races so they might have a few pictures of the Sti.. :unsure:

Yes Catseye still in business.Im meeting owner Rohan Fonseka very often.Need to contact him?? He got good still and video of local action.

MINIACE

Yes Catseye still in business.Im meeting owner Rohan Fonseka very often.Need to contact him?? He got good still and video of local action.

MINIACE

Ace

is this the same catseye guy who's got a jeep and keeps a photography studio in wattala?

I've seen this fella with "catseye racing team" decals on his jeep driving around in the area :) quite close to my place :)

Not sure about the record setting history

i believe i got confused with the fact that Romani De Silva has record at one of the Hill Climbs (Radella i belive) - mistake on my part was to assume it was in the Sti where as the record he holds if for the Formula Ford class

Car was looking good tonight next to its larger cousin :) Couldn't check it properly coz we were rushing to get inside.

Cheers mate- remind me next week...

Is the B4 yours? Hadn't seen the car before in the lot...did a quick once over.

Cheers mate- remind me next week...

Is the B4 yours? Hadn't seen the car before in the lot...did a quick once over.

:) No, not that lucky. Belongs to guy who used to work at MIT, but left some time ago. At least I think he still has it, he was inside, and I forgot to ask him if he still has it :D

• 5 months later...