• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Horsepower Enhance

nplak

hi racing lovers !!!!

i'm using toyota corolla EE80 model b/new car since last decade and two year back i did few carb modification etc and converted this to fast run car. now i'm wonderring bcs i can drive fast than other cars i hv driven and recorded fast timing beaten other friends.

recorded 50-60kmph in 1st gear and 2nd gear 105-120kmph and 3rd gear upto 160kmph

how this can be happen? ''engine eka padam veladha'' ha ha ha...

hi racing lovers !!!!

i'm using toyota corolla EE80 model b/new car since last decade and two year back i did few carb modification etc and converted this to fast run car. now i'm wonderring bcs i can drive fast than other cars i hv driven and recorded fast timing beaten other friends.

recorded 50-60kmph in 1st gear and 2nd gear 105-120kmph and 3rd gear upto 160kmph

Err!! can you post your 0-100 acceleration? how long it gets? (dont stay on the redline for too long while changing gears :) you know what i mean ha? :) )

Err!! can you post your 0-100 acceleration? how long it gets? (dont stay on the redline for too long while changing gears :) you know what i mean ha? :) )

11-12seconds for 0-100kmph. don't mind u believe or not.

hi racing lovers !!!!

i'm sorry machang, but i dont quite understand what you're asking.

Ar you asking wht your car goes faster after you played around with the carb/fuel mixture?

i'm sorry machang, but i dont quite understand what you're asking.

Ar you asking wht your car goes faster after you played around with the carb/fuel mixture?

Yes Dilesh I think he is asking whether it has become more faster after his carb modification… according to my knowledge this type performance measurement is irrelevant isn’t it? :blink: That’s why asked him about his 0-100 coz it will give some idea.. npalk, yo pal ! :rolleyes: if your car can do 0-100 in 11-12 sec that means its very good for such a pretty old car and should be appreciated assuming that it still have the original 2E 12Valve engine which is 1300cc.. but npalk most Toyota cars nowadays can reach 100 in about 10 secs for example Toyota vios (Automatic) can reach 100 in exactly 10 secs if the everything goes smooth(check youtube)… so the figure 10 is an average figure for most sedans (1.5L) but as your one is bit old what I can say is that is “good! Its still doing very good :drinks: ” .. but I should tell you a very important thing which you should keep in mind…I checked the web and found out that EE80 stock don’t have an rpm meter…so without an rpm meter if you push your car to the limits its suicide!! Cos if you run your engine at the red line range even for few seconds with a stock engine you might damage your valve train extensively and that’s a very big repair... red line for most Japanese petrol cars range from 6000 and ends at 8000....in bit newer cas like Vios red line starts at 6500… but keep in mind that redline is a clear cut margin for our reference only.... the actual stress level of the engine increase continuously with the rpm.....Im pretty sure you have gone way over the acceptable rpm range of your car and been there for a long time while testing.... It’s okay to cross the line for a brief time coz we all race lovers do it and keep it as the reference point for the gear change (not the very accurate method) even I have done it with my own sweetie so many times too :wub::D . So keep that in mind okay? Your cars stock engine could generate 75 horse powers @ 6000rpm (I don’t know about the torque figure for your car) so that means it’s the peak…stepping on the gas will not increase the power more, instead it will rev up high and get in to trouble…so get a rpm gage fixed if you can… hope this info will help you but im not an expert .. there are so many experts and good guys in this forum… you may verify this with them too..!

Your cars is good!

Cheers!

Archon

Hi Archon; U got my point. few things i ve to addup to your comment, enginne specification is correct as u siad but there is a inbuilt RPM indicator in my car. Radline start from 6500 to 8000 and shift gears when get 6000rpm further i checked accuracy of speedometer. Two years back i did few modification like carb jet change, dalco adjuestments, sparking plugs and exhaust but kept standed wheel size 13'' to generate better torque. Ave fuel consuption is 8kml. i obtained guidence from auto engineer before do the modification.

now i seek advice for horsepower enhancement to existing machine?????

Hi Archon; U got my point. few things i ve to addup to your comment, enginne specification is correct as u siad but there is a inbuilt RPM indicator in my car. Radline start from 6500 to 8000 and shift gears when get 6000rpm further i checked accuracy of speedometer. Two years back i did few modification like carb jet change, dalco adjuestments, sparking plugs and exhaust but kept standed wheel size 13'' to generate better torque. Ave fuel consuption is 8kml. i obtained guidence from auto engineer before do the modification.

I suggest you to install an open air filter coz it will give you a much better throttle response and a slight different beat to the engine + a good look for your engine. But go for a good brand.. a good one will cost you about 7,000/= to 12,000/= . you don’t have to replace them again coz those type of good air filters give you a 100,000 Km guarantee.. For cleaning you have to buy a separate cleaning kit later which will cost you about 2000 or 3000 but cleaning can be done by yourself and its easy.

Cheers,

Archon

11-12 sec to 100km/h damn good for your car. Don't know much about the engine of this perticular model, but these guys who modify those old Ford Lasers 1300cc cars to race should be able to help you better.

I suggest you to install an open air filter coz it will give you a much better throttle response and a slight different beat to the engine + a good look for your engine. But go for a good brand.. a good one will cost you about 7,000/= to 12,000/= . you don’t have to replace them again coz those type of good air filters give you a 100,000 Km guarantee.. For cleaning you have to buy a separate cleaning kit later which will cost you about 2000 or 3000 but cleaning can be done by yourself and its easy.

Cheers,

Archon

where we can buy this??

Hey Guy's you all are going to Blow our bro nplak's engine out :angry-smiley-010: Hey what i suggest is to you to find an expert & first show your ride to them & get some advice..... I am sure there are a lot of experts :action-smiley-076: in here AL.

Hey Guy's you all are going to Blow our bro nplak's engine out :angry-smiley-010: Hey what i suggest is to you to find an expert & first show your ride to them & get some advice..... I am sure there are a lot of experts :action-smiley-076: in here AL.

Dear mishiran.. :rolleyes: fixing an open air filter do not blow up an engine... its a very simple replacement... it just improve the efficiency of the engine by letting the engine to breath air with out much effort.. so it still falls under a Naturally Aspirated engine... things get complex if you fix (lets say a standard) a turbo or a super charger... then we are feeding air to the engine forcefully and so many modifications should be done for eg: injectors ect.... but installing a open air filter is not harmful in anyway...instead i find installing an open air filter as an investment coz if you happen to install a turbo- someday in the future you should have to install one with the turbo :)...

if im wrong i would gladly accept your opinions but give me the facts "why and how" :unsure::rolleyes:

Cheers!

Archon

Dear nplak,

I am not expert like others. if you can change the cam angles to accomodate addtional air suction I think horespower can be increase but it need addtional radiator fan to cool.

Regards,

Ruwan

Edited by ruwan67

Dear nplak,

I am not expert like others. if you can change the cam angles to accomodate addtional air suction I think horespower can be increase but it need addtional radiator fan to cool.

Regards,

Ruwan

hi ruwan

hope you are referring about dalco angle????

Dear mishiran.. :rolleyes: fixing an open air filter do not blow up an engine... its a very simple replacement... it just improve the efficiency of the engine by letting the engine to breath air with out much effort.. so it still falls under a Naturally Aspirated engine... things get complex if you fix (lets say a standard) a turbo or a super charger... then we are feeding air to the engine forcefully and so many modifications should be done for eg: injectors ect.... but installing a open air filter is not harmful in anyway...instead i find installing an open air filter as an investment coz if you happen to install a turbo- someday in the future you should have to install one with the turbo :)...

if im wrong i would gladly accept your opinions but give me the facts "why and how" :unsure::rolleyes:

Cheers!

Archon

dear Archon, thanks for your guidence. do u think the open air filter is compatible with my 2E engine & carb ?

Cheers!

Archon

Hi Archon, :) You are right!!! But what I was thinking :rolleyes: about was our Bro NPLAK was been given too many options :blink: to think about, Like Air Cleener, Carbs & Turbo's so I was a bit concerned :ninja: !!! Yeah a Open Air Filter will not do any harm i guess :rolleyes:

Cheers :alc:

Shiran

dear Archon, thanks for your guidence. do u think the open air filter is compatible with my 2E engine & carb ?

Hi nplak.. if you visit K&N website (http://www.knfilters.com) you could search and find out the type and the compatibility.. there you can find out the address of the SL dealer... actually i saw someone has already posted the location and the place of it...but as our root admin MADZ gets angry i cant post the name of the dealer directly, sorry!! im sure you will find a compatible filter form them...if it is not listed in the website give a call or better go there and find out...give us a feed back if you find a model which suites your pocket + the engin :)

Here are some links

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/X-stream.htm

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm << for cold air intakes if you have more money and need more performance.

Cheers! :alc:

Archon

Hi Archon, :) You are right!!! But what I was thinking :rolleyes: about was our Bro NPLAK was been given too many options :blink: to think about, Like Air Cleener, Carbs & Turbo's so I was a bit concerned :ninja: !!! Yeah a Open Air Filter will not do any harm i guess :rolleyes:

Cheers :alc:

Shiran

:):);)

Archon

Hi nplak.. if you visit K&N website (http://www.knfilters.com) you could search and find out the type and the compatibility.. there you can find out the address of the SL dealer... actually i saw someone has already posted the location and the place of it...but as our root admin MADZ gets angry i cant post the name of the dealer directly, sorry!! im sure you will find a compatible filter form them...if it is not listed in the website give a call or better go there and find out...give us a feed back if you find a model which suites your pocket + the engin :)

Here are some links

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/X-stream.htm

http://www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm << for cold air intakes if you have more money and need more performance.

Cheers! :alc:

Archon

dear Archon, thanks mate for your assistance.

hi ruwan

hope you are referring about dalco angle????

Not dalco angle the cam of the cma shaft must be regrind to change the valve opening timing (increase the intake valve opening time). This was done by old racers to increase the 1000hp to1200hp for ford. I think this might know very well others.

Not dalco angle the cam of the cma shaft must be regrind to change the valve opening timing (increase the intake valve opening time). This was done by old racers to increase the 1000hp to1200hp for ford. I think this might know very well others.

hi ruwan; my machine is just 75hp-80hp. what would be the best if i do the regrind??