• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tax Free Car Scheme Ends

Velocity

I think this tax free scheme is preposterous to begin with, if the country does not have foreign exchange everyone must bare the burden equally. By giving some individuals tax free scheme and putting 200% + tax on others the government is sending the picture that some of us are second class citizens. What you must remember we pay indirectly for government servants by means of taxes. Sorry about the rant but it irritates me when I have to pay 3 times the price of a 3 year old compact car while some folks get to buy a brand new sedan for that same price. I don't mind paying the tax but I don't like to feel ripped off when others don't for no valid reason.

Edited by Daforce

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would rather take that and send this government home.

actually if you look at the bigger picture, if the 'main' opposition can send this family regime packing, costs involved in having a new election will be offset withing mere couple of months.

The problem is there is no "main oposition", more or less everyone crossed over leaving only the "leading clown" and his troop.

The problem is there is no "main oposition", more or less everyone crossed over leaving only the "leading clown" and his troop.

I think the opposition head is a good strategist when it comes to the economy but unfortunately not a people person, and hence the cross overs.

I think the opposition head is a good strategist when it comes to the economy but unfortunately not a people person, and hence the cross overs.

Well if that was the case, he should step down as the leader and be the chief adviser or something....a "leader" should at least get the support from his own party before even dreaming of getting the support from the majority of the masses.....this takes the topic to a different direction though, maybe someone can open a separate tread..

back to the topic, are you guys aware that we spend 3 times more money importing food than that spent for importing private cars and motor cycles? look up the central bank reports...not that i'm saying it justifies importing more cars.....but the gov at least has got their priorities sorted...and trying to curb the cost of importing food through their programs to increase local food production and the milk thingy.....

back to the topic, are you guys aware that we spend 3 times more money importing food than that spent for importing private cars and motor cycles? look up the central bank reports...not that i'm saying it justifies importing more cars.....but the gov at least has got their priorities sorted...and trying to curb the cost of importing food through their programs to increase local food production and the milk thingy.....

I also do not think importing luxury cars has no huge impact on the economy as they try to show. If so we must try to make our own vehicles in here which is not practical. How ever there is a lot harm to the economy is done by importing cheap indian vehicles in terms of pollution and safely of passengers and other property. I think the government should reduce the taxes on pollution free and economical vehicles and try to get rid of all these always breakdowns.

I think this tax free scheme is preposterous to begin with, if the country does not have foreign exchange everyone must bare the burden equally. By giving some individuals tax free scheme and putting 200% + tax on others the government is sending the picture that some of us are second class citizens. What you must remember we pay indirectly for government servants by means of taxes. Sorry about the rant but it irritates me when I have to pay 3 times the price of a 3 year old compact car while some folks get to buy a brand new sedan for that same price. I don't mind paying the tax but I don't like to feel ripped off when others don't for no valid reason.

Mate don’t take these things personally. This permit scheme was nothing but a cheap stunt in the expense of the tax payers. If they can secure votes the government will give permits to even beggars in the street.

I won’t say his inter personnel skills are to blame for MPs crossing over to the ruling party. Some people are power hungry and other are after the perks. Remember he opted to step down after he was robbed from the last presidential election. Look what happened to the so called hard core marxists. Minute they tasted the sweet taste of power all the values and ideologies they believe in went out the door. This is what we should do to praba as well. Get him to parliament. Give him a fleet of bullet proof vehicles. Bugger will behave just like some of these pawns in the council jumping from one party to the other.

Mate don’t take these things personally. This permit scheme was nothing but a cheap stunt in the expense of the tax payers. If they can secure votes the government will give permits to even beggars in the street.

I won’t say his inter personnel skills are to blame for MPs crossing over to the ruling party. Some people are power hungry and other are after the perks. Remember he opted to step down after he was robbed from the last presidential election. Look what happened to the so called hard core marxists. Minute they tasted the sweet taste of power all the values and ideologies they believe in went out the door. This is what we should do to praba as well. Get him to parliament. Give him a fleet of bullet proof vehicles. Bugger will behave just like some of these pawns in the council jumping from one party to the other.

Yeah that some brilliant food for thought right there. But I think Praba is a little too explosive. He's crossed so many lines and even India wants him so its unlikely hes going to step out of hiding. He's got too much to loose; hell probably continue where is at as long as he can.